Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

It's actually nothing like that at all.

You don't have a clue about the events of last night - but that's not stopped you from wading into the debate to suggest the Police had to act because someone 'did something'.

You are a moron.

I note that your wading in with your usuall name calling shite - but lack the wit to follow an argument - as usual.

So basically you come to the incident late and make a judgement the police are wrong - you justify that stance because in your opinion breaking the law is OK if you think its a stupid law.

The atmosphere created by this section is excellent BUT it does not give them carte blanche to decide what laws they will follow, nor how they will behave.

In fairness, you never got tot he incident at all, so he does have more evidence to go on than you.

To which specific law do you refer, for this particular incident?

This debate is about wether the police have the right to go and arrest someone - I assert that they have the right and in the VAST majority of cases will be right - even in the extremely few cases where they get it wrong there was probably enough cause to make the initial arrest - that is there JOB. I back there right to do there job.

Really..ffs man..

:7325:

I have never used language like this on here......but you go fuck yourself you tosser.

Tosser would toss not fuck..it's morning time :7325:

In fairness, you never got tot he incident at all, so he does have more evidence to go on than you.

To which specific law do you refer, for this particular incident?

The ONLY point I am making in this thread is that I support the police and their right to go and make arrests as they see fit!

You however seem to assume the police are always wrong!

Do YOU honestly believe the police tried to arrest someone for NOTHING?

I explicitly did not say that. I was clear about the role of their perception.

You're constructing a straw man here.

I'll accept that they may have been arresting them on a 'perception' of doing something wrong (after all we are all innocent until proven guilty). That means every arrest the police make is on the perception that an offence has been committed. So yes I accept that the police tried to huckle someone on 'perception' that they were breaking the law. That is after all their job... YOU on the other hand seem to take the view that the police decided to wade in without cause - and that our 'fans' are all as pure as the driven snow.

No.

I'm stating that I do not know the reason that they waded in, as you put it, but that many witnesses are emphatic in their view that they did not see anything to justify such action. They may be wrong, but as their accounts are all that we currently have to go on, I shall not dismiss them, let alone assume that all these people are involved in some form of mass delusion or self-deception.

The ONLY point I am making in this thread is that I support the police and their right to go and make arrests as they see fit!

Not as they see fit........but strictly according to the law of the land not their individual interpretation of this.

Again, no.

I made no such assertion. I merely pointed out relevant examples given the context, whilst observing that you are dismissing the only accounts currently available in order to draw your predetermined conclusion.

You have assumed that those in authority are correct. I have made no such assumption either consistent or contrary to yours. I'm merely tentatively drawing inferences from the available evidence, rather than prejudice my view on events.

Anyone else of the assumption that Bluepeter9 is perhaps in the Polis?

Adopting a very polis type attitude to the debate.

Saw nothing, but is able to determine guilt and blame the fans for THEIR behaviour, and exonerates the Polis, despite eye witness evidence to the contrary..........

Just to burst your bubble Bluepeter9, the Polis are reknowned for getting involved in situations in far too zealous a manner, without thoughts of the outcome of their actions.

I got lifted many years ago, and charged with Breach and being D&D.........according to the Polis. What was my crime? for trying to pull a pal away from a fight after he had taken a hiding....

My pleas of innocence lead to an old fashioned bleaching in the back of a Polis van........

I was sober, I was the driver that night, I got out my car and tried to stop my mate getting a bigger hiding that he was getting, i got lifted, i got leathered.

So, take your 'the polis are in the right, and they are doing THEIR job' attitude, and ram it right up yer fkn pipe.

I support the police and their right to go and make arrests as they see fit!

Telling. Do the police really have a right to arrest anyone as they 'see fit'? Well, do they? A right?

As long as the police 'see fit' to make arrests that's fine with you. It wont matter to you if they get it completely wrong, wont matter to you if someone gets a cracked head as a result as long as they 'see fit'. Your wife could be arrested on a false charge of assaulting a pupil as long as the police 'see fit' to make that arrest and you'll be supporting the police.

It's exactly what you just claimed.

No name calling required.

I explicitly did not say that. I was clear about the role of their perception.

You're constructing a straw man here.No.

I'm stating that I do not know the reason that they waded in, as you put it, but that many witnesses are emphatic in their view that they did not see anything to justify such action. They may be wrong, but as their accounts are all that we currently have to go on, I shall not dismiss them, let alone assume that all these people are involved in some form of mass delusion or self-deception.

.... fans spot nothing wrong - ergo the police 'waded' in with no cause ?? I just prefer to go the other route - Police waded in, there will be a cause for it.

The contra to your argument is that the police waded in with NO cause - and I prefer to back the police and give THEM the benefit of the doubt over the fans because I support, and TRUST, the police and support their right to do their duty to the best of their ability.Is that wrong ?

.... fans spot nothing wrong - ergo the police 'waded' in with no cause ?? I just prefer to go the other route - Police waded in, there will be a cause for it.

The contra to your argument is that the police waded in with NO cause - and I prefer to back the police and give THEM the benefit of the doubt over the fans because I support, and TRUST, the police and support their right to do their duty to the best of their ability.Is that wrong ?

Do you go to games? The police treatment off fans is an absolute disgrace. Not just Rangers.

Supporting your team has turned into a crime now, and some fans are happy to sit back and let the police do what they want and blame it on the fans?

Further information available according to STV:

Eight fans were arrested at Rangers' Ibrox stadium during a match on Tuesday.

Strathclyde Police arrested eight supporters following a "disturbance" inside the ground in Glasgow.

The incident happened during Rangers' 3-0 victory over visitors Annan Athletic in their Scottish Third Division fixture.

A police spokesman said: "We can confirm there was a disturbance within Ibrox stadium during the Rangers FC versus Annan Athletic match.

"It was brought swiftly under control by stewards and eight persons were arrested."

There is still no description of the nature of the "disturbance" or as to whether these fans were detained further, released or charged.

At this point all we can say is that police claim there to have been a disturbance which merited intervention and 8 arrests, whilst almost all fan reports mention nothing of note to merit such action.

We can only wait for more information at this point.

Sometimes you have to think before you post. My brother was in the force and I know more than a few, they are in the main a decent bunch but I.ve also seen a police inspector inciting Chelsea fans and people being lifted because a policemans having a bad day. 'As they see fit' is NOT how a police officer should conduct an arrestm it g=must be done with due regard for the law.