Ian Black... what does he bring to the table?

Weemani

If we were playing Scum tomorrow I'd have Black in my team before Mcleod but that's where the praise ends .He is the one player I'm struggling to admire as like a few have mentioned he is a player that brings so much shit upon himself with his attitude .He doesn't get same protection but should be bigger man at times

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say he is fucking rubbish FFS, he was pretty much hearts best player.

He has taken longer to adjust than i thought he would, and is just back from a lengthy spell on the sidelines. I think he will come good, and will be a good player for us when we get back to the top flight.

He IS a player. FFS, he has been booted up and down every park in the 3rd div and not a lot of support from his fellow players I may add!

We look weak without him and he will shine as we move up the leagues.

Yet our best form and displays have came without him? <cr>

I think the expectation levels on black were higher than the rest of our players at the start of the season and for whatever reason he hadnt lived up to that.

I do think he will be a great signing in the long run but at the moment my starting 2 would be McLeod and Hutton.

I've watched Black closely all season and I am unable to lavish any praise on him wotsoever... Quite the opposite!

Any thoughts?

Been disappointed in him tbh.But think he does get it tight.

Maybe I thought he was actually better than he is.But he's not been awful the way some make out.

Better without him in the team IMO as well.... On another note, we r goin really well rite now and some of the youngsters have done v well but does any1 thnk that If we raised the tempo of our game, increased the pace of play we woudnt have as much difficulty breaking teams down, I feel we r a bit slow in build up and allow teams to get behind the ball ther4 makin it more difficult to break down?

Played quite well in the first couple of games, but young Lewis is by far a better player right now.

I just dont know if he is carrying some injury.

Or maybe he doesnt like playing in this League , just doesnt seem up to it.

Has to improve soon.

I would hazard a guess that he thought he would be the bully boy in the league and boss other people in midfield like he did at hearts. I think the clattering he takes regularly has not helped him, but the young guys are getting kicked all over the place too and they are still performing.

The more I have seen of Black playing, the less convinced I am that he is the right type of player for us, he seems unable to move the ball quickly or play the right pass. Quite a few on here think its to do with some of the muggings he received in earlier games, and I went with that thinking as well, but the more I watched him,Im sorry to say he is not up to what we require.

Most of the team today were pretty poor, too many misplaced passes, a couple of shocking passes. The two 'wingers' spending more time trying to get into the middle of the park where lets be honest thats where they should be so not their fault.

BUT we got the goal and the points thats what matters, as for Black if he doesn't want to play in this league or for the shirt then hes welcome to fuck off and not take his (no doubt) overly priced wage packet.