The Official *** Rangers v Elgin City (Sat 5th Jan, 3pm) *** Match thread

govanblue

This will be my last game before flying back out to Kabul on Tue plus it will be the wife's first match, so I thought I'd treat her and the kids to a day in the Thornton Suite. My first time doing the hospitality and can't wait.

Hope you have a great one, and a safe journey, and a safe and speedy return.

But the Thornton Suite?? - they're obviously paying you waaay too much out there ;)

I know we've played Elgin a lot this season and the recent away win was good. I'm looking for Rangers to take the game with pace, power and with scoring boots on early and sustain a good quality performance on what should be a great day for football by usual January weather standards. No 'familiarity' attitude or slow start or slack defensive stuff. 3 points required. Lets get the job done well and give another big crowd at Ibrox a good display of football now that a host of players are back to fitness. On the Rangers website Ross Perry talked about being relentless in looking for wins. I agree but I'd add ruthlessness to this - start to improve the number and quality of goal scoring chances and conversion into goals. If Fran plays then I hope he gets a goal or two to get his goal scoring confidence into gear. Here's to a good Rangers win.

Tweeted by RFC_Official:

AMcC - @LewisMacleod_, Dean Shiels and Emilson Cribari are all back in the squad for tomorrow.

Great news! We've missed Macleod the past two games, and Shiels coming back in could mean that Temps will be on the wing.

I guess Hegarty will be shifted to RB with Cribari and Perry in the middle. The big question is will Ally drop Black or Hutton?

Hope you have a great one, and a safe journey, and a safe and speedy return.

But the Thornton Suite?? - they're obviously paying you waaay too much out there ;)

Cheers for the kind words, even the wife is getting excited about going.

And as for me getting paid too much,

Yes I am, but like the bints in the Loreal adverts said, I'm worth it! Lol

Great news! We've missed Macleod the past two games, and Shiels coming back in could mean that Temps will be on the wing.

I guess Hegarty will be shifted to RB with Cribari and Perry in the middle. The big question is will Ally drop Black or Hutton?

Jig's back too!

See the original post for an updated injury newsflash (tu)

Would I do that????

OK, here's the link you lazy sod...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=245027entry1060694354

Was only joking. I'm on my phone so I'm slow at typing in replies etc. so I seem to miss vital nuggets of info. Also, my tone is missing and I can't be bothered with smilies.

Can Jig and Fran play up top together, or will Fran make way for Shiels? Over to Ally for the answer!

Was only joking. I'm on my phone so I'm slow at typing in replies etc. so I seem to miss vital nuggets of info. Also, my tone is missing and I can't be bothered with smilies.

Can Jig and Fran play up top together, or will Fran make way for Shiels? Over to Ally for the answer!

I hope he doesn't drop Fran. The guy is getting closer, and once he makes that breakthrough, I can see him getting 40 plus.

I don't dare not put a smiley in here though :craphead:

I hope he doesn't drop Fran. The guy is getting closer, and once he makes that breakthrough, I can see him getting 40 plus.

I don't dare not put a smiley in here though :craphead:

If big Jig is fit I'd drop Fran in a heartbeat. I think the big man can be brilliant as he does show a bit of class on the ball in some games, but Jigs been scoring for fun and deserves to start the game if fit. I think when we're at least 20 odd points ahead of second place with no pressure we should then bring Sandaza into the team and get his confidence up for next season.

If big Jig is fit I'd drop Fran in a heartbeat. I think the big man can be brilliant as he does show a bit of class on the ball in some games, but Jigs been scoring for fun and deserves to start the game if fit. I think when we're at least 20 odd points ahead of second place with no pressure we should then bring Sandaza into the team and get his confidence up for next season.

Yeah that makes total sense.

We're not that far away from that 20 point cushion though, so until then, I'd like to at least see him come on midway 2nd half, assuming we've established a 2 goal cushion

And that will pose its own problems for boss Ally McCoist who may be forced to leave out some exciting younger players who have really stepped up to the plate in recent weeks.

Hopefully this isnt the philosophy that the more experienced players will start ahead of the younger ones regardless of form. Should be a comfortable win tomorrow so heres hoping for an improved performance and a goal or two for Sandazza to give him a confidence boost. I'd go with.............

Alexander

Arigiou Hegarty Cribari Wallace

Macleod Hutton

Mckay Sheils Templeton

Sandazza (Jig if fully fit)

And that will pose its own problems for boss Ally McCoist who may be forced to leave out some exciting younger players who have really stepped up to the plate in recent weeks.

Hopefully this isnt the philosophy that the more experienced players will start ahead of the younger ones regardless of form. Should be a comfortable win tomorrow so heres hoping for an improved performance and a goal or two for Sandazza to give him a confidence boost. I'd go with.............

Alexander

Arigiou Hegarty Cribari Wallace

Macleod Hutton

Mckay Sheils Templeton

Sandazza (Jig if fully fit)

The team I would play, with Jig up front if fit.