Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Sure, what I mean is the dividends will be decided further along the line depending on profits etc.

The money from the naming rights isn't going to go into a bank account dedicated for dividends, which is what I believe was being insinuated.

I think he was just teasing.

But you're right - any money raised would just go into the 'general pool' ie the bank account - just the way Income Tax and NI get lumped together - then a budget decides how all that money gets allocated.

So I would imagine a proportion of it would get spent on players, youth development etc, just as a proportion of shirt money, tv revenues, prize money and everything else would too.

I'm pretty sure it'll be invested in the club. ie: Improvements to Ibrox, players wages etc

The investors will realise the true value of the club is yet to be achieved. When we are back winning the top league and in Europe is when they'll look to cash in.

But you're right - any money raised would just go into the 'general pool' ie the bank account - just the way Income Tax and NI get lumped together - then a budget decides how all that money gets allocated.

So I would imagine a proportion of it would get spent on players, youth development etc, just as a proportion of shirt money, tv revenues, prize money and everything else would too.

Indeed, a sensible balance is good including with investors getting a return.

I was just teasing. I am sure none of our corporate investors want to see their investment actually making them money. Heaven forbid.

(just teasing again btw).

I've been dead against this from the start but I can see the merits in it. By the time we get back to what ever the top flight is we'll have clot of catching up to do and if this can go a way to doing that I'd hope we'd go for it as long as we get decent money and it's used wisely.

If the emotional ones are able to remove the emotion - it's money for nothing - and it's still Ibrox. What do we lose, nothing. What do we gain, money, which in reality caused all this recent pish.

I was just teasing. I am sure none of our corporate investors want to see their investment actually making them money. Heaven forbid.

(just teasing again btw).

And if the corporate investors expect a return, then us lowly fan investors will just have to go along with that ;)

Of course there's nothing to stop us as individuals reinvesting that dividend back into the club in whichever way we choose (that 'Ibrox by night' framed print for example ;) )

And if the corporate investors expect a return, then us lowly fan investors will just have to go along with that ;)

Of course there's nothing to stop us as individuals reinvesting that dividend back into the club in whichever way we choose (that 'Ibrox by night' framed print for example ;) )

its a win win

I don't see why people are arguing about this. People, including me, will rant and rave about it initially, as always. Then, as always, they will come around to the idea eventually - tolerate it if not fully support it.

The people for this should just let them get on with it. All you're doing is wasting your energy.

We did. It was our home top though. Away kits, until 1994 ( i believe) were red or white (with the odd bit blue thrown in.) Nothing else. Fuck me until 92 I cant even think of a home top that had red in it.

Red trims / pinstripes on the collars and cuffs in the 70s and 80s.

I'm fine with it as long as they are sensible. No need to change it to Sports Direct Arena, just causes issues for no reason.

Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium and it's money for old rope.

Should add I would also like to see the money ring fenced for players costs, either youth, first team or both.

Agreed. We should have respect for history and heritage but this type of revenue can go a long way to securing our future and help build on what we have started.

If this happened years ago i wouldn't be happy with it but, now i relise how important money is especially to clubs who play in shitey no mark leagues ie SPL 1st 2nd or 3rd division.

Did you refuse to celebrate any of the 54 'shitey no mark titles?' If that was the case you would be less than a fan.

how many of you objected when the pioneers changed the club to rangers, how many of you objected to the club losing the star badge for the rangers crest and how many of you objected when the different colour seats were ripped out for blue ones?

yeah well.......

When they changed the seats I started hanging around McDiarmid Park. :unsure: