Perry, Cribari and Hegarty

jdonald755

I don't think cribari is that bad...he is a bit slow but he seems to have improved as the season has progressed. Hegarty is filling in at rb and struggles to offer anything offensively at a good rb has to have good distribution which he doesn't.

Perry for me is a list cause...at 22 he can't be considered a youngster anymore yet he has so much to learn. He gives away to many needless free-kicks, dives in too often and his passing is awful...I trully fear what will happen against utd with McKay-Stevens, Russell and daly all to deal with.

I think lost cause is a bit strong, he showed some decent defending last season and has still plenty of time to improve yet but his confidence is shot and has been all season.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did u enjoy watching that game ?

Because I thought it was embarassing. We just shaded it.

We refuse to build from the back, show little creativity and don't really create many good goal-scoring opportunities.

I'm behind Ally but some of the players we have aren't good enough. I can deal with the players not being good enough because we can.always sign some but its the style of football we are playing. Or lack of it. Templeton and McKay provide a bit of flair but outwith them our play is soooo slow and predictable.

Enjoy watching the game. Try addressing your misplaced point ffs. Cribari had a good game, yet you lump him in with the 2 that struggled

I don't think cribari is that bad...he is a bit slow but he seems to have improved as the season has progressed. Hegarty is filling in at rb and struggles to offer anything offensively at a good rb has to have good distribution which he doesn't.

Perry for me is a list cause...at 22 he can't be considered a youngster anymore yet he has so much to learn. He gives away to many needless free-kicks, dives in too often and his passing is awful...I trully fear what will happen against utd with McKay-Stevens, Russell and daly all to deal with.

I remember reading Ian McCall's column in The Star (I know I know) a few months ago and he said that Perry looked like he was well short of being good enough to play at SFL1 level when he was sent out on loan to Falkirk so I'm not sure if he is going to have a long term future with us.

I didn't see the game today, but Cribari has been getting better on a game by game basis after a rocky start so maybe it was a bit unfair for me to include him in my previous post where I said I'm not convinced by him.

Hate to say it but these guys aren't good enough.

Dodgy defensively and poor distribution.

Bocanegra back please for next season if possible.

Hate to agree on a few of them but today was worse than shocking from 5/6 players .Hutton,Temps and Wallace worked hard .Little ,Sandaza were quiet while the rest weren't good enough .Ive yet to see what everyone keeps raving about regards McLeod .Black gives us nothing IMO and like OP says agree Perry and Heggarty are just not good enough .Cribari isn't great but he is bit more solid than other two

I remember reading Ian McCall's column in The Star (I know I know) a few months ago and he said that Perry looked like he was well short of being good enough to play at SFL1 level when he was sent out on loan to Falkirk so I'm not sure if he is going to have a long term future with us.

I didn't see the game today, but Cribari has been getting better on a game by game basis after a rocky start so maybe it was a bit unfair for me to include him in my previous post where I said I'm not convinced by him.

My cousins a Falkirk fan and I remember back when Perry was on loan to them I asked him how he was getting on and my cousin said he had been a regular, had been playing well and looked a good prospect so I don't know where McCall got that from. Perry also looked great at CB last season in the SPL and for the Scotland U-21's but this season he has been a shadow of that player I think injuries have set him back. I think a good injury free pre season would do him the world of good and he would come back a different player.

Cribari has been excellent in recent weeks he hasn't put a foot wrong.

This. I'd agree with Perry and Hegarty not being great, but in Hegartys defence I thought he looked good when played in his natural CB position. And in to defend all of them, they are being asked to play a lot more due to Black and Huttons refusal to carry out one of a CMs primary roles in coming to collect the ball from the defenders.

Regardless, the defence is not what worrys me. Our performance from the midfield forward has been dire most of the season.

First game for me in a wee while. Thought hutton and macleod were impressive. Also crawford n mckay looked good when they came on. Really good to see how many talented youngsters we have in the first team. However hegarty was awful. Its maybe not his best position but today he looked nervous and uncomfortable. Just my honest opinion guys

And here was me thinking we'd kept a clean sheet today!

Are we just going to ignore Hegarty's last ditch header that prevented Peterhead from scoring?

It was a good clearance yes, but if you mention that as a positive then you also have to take into consideration the negatives of an overall lack of pace, offering very little of note in an attacking sense including floating a number of crosses either over the bar or straight into the Peterhead keepers hands.

However, as a number of posters have pointed out, he is a centre-half being asked to play in a role he is not suited to, so it's little wonder he struggles to make an impact there.

If a corner is taken the likelyhood is a ball will be delivered into the box, now that's when the worrying hits in but they were cleared, we won't go a game without conceding a corner unfortunately.

Hegarty is a difficult one for me. I agree he is not a RB but that would only be a reason for him being out of position or not keeping shape etc...but it cant be a reason for some of his basic ball-control and decision-making skills.

He's a young lad learning his trade...and Id rather he makes mistakes and learn in this division rather than in cup games/higher leagues so Im more than happy to wish him well as he improves his allround game.

It was a good clearance yes, but if you mention that as a positive then you also have to take into consideration the negatives of an overall lack of pace, offering very little of note in an attacking sense including floating a number of crosses either over the bar or straight into the Peterhead keepers hands.

However, as a number of posters have pointed out, he is a centre-half being asked to play in a role he is not suited to, so it's little wonder he struggles to make an impact there.

out of position yes, he fulfilled his role therefore done a good job and done what was asked of him.

Perry not good enough he gives the Ball away too much poor desicion making at set peices.

Hegarty a CH played at RB ahain same as all the rest we have had.

Bartley and Broadfoot the same.

We really really need a CB and proper defensive minded RB who can defend first then after link up.

We are woeful away from home and must sort this out.

1-0 away to Peterhead ten men isnt good enough.

The Header Peterhead won from a corner in 92 mins was an escape, and we should be winning those headers.

Cribari is improving every Game.

set pieces are a nightmare. That corner from Peterhead in the first half.....right across at head height a couple of feet from the goal. every defender misses it and the big Peterhead guy gets a free header almost on the goal line......something's far wrong.....but we all know that

The defence did their job today hence the clean sheet. Im more worried by the lack of urgancy and quite awful shooting from some midfield and forwards today, Templeton played well in parts but he left his shooting boots at Auchinhowie it seems. Still our main threat along with Wallace though.

Yes there was a time when we were in a good attacking position and Hegarty just decided to float the ball into the keepers hands. Woeful decision making doh

Thought he defended pretty well however.

Enjoy watching the game. Try addressing your misplaced point ffs. Cribari had a good game, yet you lump him in with the 2 that struggled

You have pretty low standards if you think that was an.enjoyable game.

And I've not misplaced any point. Cribari is too slow and lightweight for me. Fair enough if he'is shit hot on the ball but he's not.

I'm a fan of Ross. But I will admit at times he has looked suspect this season. However with patience and an extended run I believe he can grow into a solid, proper CB for us. 22 and he's a lost cause? FFS Weir played to 40, we saying Ross can't get better in 10+ years?

You have pretty low standards if you think that was an.enjoyable game.

And I've not misplaced any point. Cribari is too slow and lightweight for me. Fair enough if he'is shit hot on the ball but he's not.

Who said I enjoyed watching it? Cribari outside Wallace was the best player in the pitch for us. Your rant is misplaced and having been critical of cribari early on the season I'm happy to say he's proving me wrong

set pieces are a nightmare. That corner from Peterhead in the first half.....right across at head height a couple of feet from the goal. every defender misses it and the big Peterhead guy gets a free header almost on the goal

line......something's far wrong.....but we all know that

Set peices are always murder.

When was the last time we had a guy who regularly took great corners and scored free kicks ?