Perry, Cribari and Hegarty

jdonald755

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the game today so can't comment on performaces today. From the games I have seen so far Cribari is, imo, improving and looks to me like he will grow into being a good CB for us. Wallace has been outstanding and lets hope that continues. The others are young and still relatively inexperienced. I'm confident they will grow to be more solid defensively and for the the Greek (when he returns) or whoever else is filling in at RB to be more of a threat going forward.

We wanted youth to be given a chance. They're being given a chance and are doing ok. Its still early days yet for the team / squad. If the defence continues to keep clean sheets, and eliminates the sloppy play we've seen in many games then I'd call that real progress for a young defence.

The win today was against a side that until very recently had an excellent home record and who had demonstrated they were very difficult to beat on their own ground. We did so without Jig and we are learning to stand up the the type of play and tackles that are seen in this Div and overcoming them and winning. And Sandaza has started to find the net again. I'll take all these as very positive steps on this journey back to the top and I hope these players get to enjoy the moment when we reach the very top again. Looking forward to the game at Ibrox next Saturday.

I'm a fan of Ross. But I will admit at times he has looked suspect this season. However with patience and an extended run I believe he can grow into a solid, proper CB for us. 22 and he's a lost cause? FFS Weir played to 40, we saying Ross can't get better in 10+ years?

How you can put weir and perry in the same sentence shows how little you know about football...perry is playing in the SFL3 and looks out of his depth...yes 22 is reasonably young for a centre half but he is lacking in so many fundamental areas and its likely he will peak as an SFL player.

Loyalty and patience for those who stayed with us is fair enough but if we want to progress we need to be realistic about things and like it or not this lad is not good enough...

Could Cribari make make Perry look worse than he is?

Don't get me wrong, Cribari has improved and looks good.

However I always remember a comment made by David Moyes when he sold Davie Weir to us.

Moyes basically said that he wanted to take the game to teams and due to Davie Weirs lack of pace he was forced to defend deep.

He was right, he sold Weir and played Yobo/Jagielka/lescott. played a high line, and turned Everton into a good Regular top half side.

Weir came to us with Walter wanting to play deep and hit teams on the break, Weir far more suited to this style and became a legend.

But no one can deny that when Weir was in the team our line was very unadventurous.

Perry has a decent turn of pace and although he makes mistakes he doesn't get the second chance to rectify his error due to the deep line.

If both perry and heggarty played at CB we could defend at the half way line and really impose ourselves on these teams. And if they made a mistake they have the pace to get back and try again.

Just a thought!

How you can put weir and perry in the same sentence shows how little you know about football...perry is playing in the SFL3 and looks out of his depth...yes 22 is reasonably young for a centre half but he is lacking in so many fundamental areas and its likely he will peak as an SFL player.

Loyalty and patience for those who stayed with us is fair enough but if we want to progress we need to be realistic about things and like it or not this lad is not good enough...

He also played in the spl and did pretty well.

Look at you getting all defensive over a simple comparison. Weir played til he was 40, are you saying from 22 to 40 he never got any better?

He also played in the spl and did pretty well.

Look at you getting all defensive over a simple comparison. Weir played til he was 40, are you saying from 22 to 40 he never got any better?

I get defensive of sir davie to be fair....Well he was a right back at 22 so his game certainly changed and as he got older he obviously became more experienced...there is no doubt perry will improve as a player but he will not improve to a level of a top flight player.

His distribution and decision making are very poor and he has next to no pace and really struggles against part time players who are honest enough but as you move up its the front players who usually stand out more...I genuinely fear for us against McKay Stevens and Russell....think it will be a case of best form of defence is attack against them.

I get defensive of sir davie to be fair....Well he was a right back at 22 so his game certainly changed and as he got older he obviously became more experienced...there is no doubt perry will improve as a player but he will not improve to a level of a top flight player.

His distribution and decision making are very poor and he has next to no pace and really struggles against part time players who are honest enough but as you move up its the front players who usually stand out more...I genuinely fear for us against McKay Stevens and Russell....think it will be a case of best form of defence is attack against them.

That's your opinion, and I don't share it on Perry.

We'll see how he goes against du, if he gets picked.

That's your opinion, and I don't share it on Perry.

We'll see how he goes against du, if he gets picked.

I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong and against utd would be a great chance to start showing he has more to offer....but I have a feeling there may be another thread like this a week on Saturday!

I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong and against utd would be a great chance to start showing he has more to offer....but I have a feeling there may be another thread like this a week on Saturday!

No matter the result and/or performance. That's a fact. ;)

The headed clearance which perry did when they crossed it in the 2nd half from their right (think it was when the guy beat Wallace) was absolutely first class. I didn't even think he could have stopped it looked like the guy had a free header / dig at the near post

All to ready to class players especially youngsters as duds in this country, your looking at a lot of boys here finding their feet as regulars at Rangers while at the same time having to deal with where we are.

They have not had the luxury of having an experienced group of older Rangers players to help them blend in and have had to accept and deal with the pressure that comes with being a first team Rangers player........to win and to win on a regular basis.

Our youngsters do not have the fortune of others that inconsistency can be tolerated because they are learning their trade.......ours have to peak and peak now. These guys do have time on their hands and hard work and working on their less effective aspects can turn them in to right good Rangers players. You do not generally get the complete player that young and they can improve given time.

Out of interest, I watched football focus yesterday and the feature was with jonny Evans. I mind we were linked with him on loan and everyone said he was rotten. He was saying he only improved cause SAF believed in him and gave him the confidence especially after the game west ham scored 4 in the English league cup a couple of years back. Now he's a fantastic player.

I'm not saying any of these boys will be that good but just saying that youngsters won't always be at their best when they first come into the team

Not convinced by our back line at all.

Edit - exception is obviously Lee Wallace, stand out performer yet again.

Lee is developing into a very good overlapping full back kinda like Davie Robertson ,its the midfield i hate seeing in particular Ian Black ,every time he plays we are sluggish ,one paced with no ideas Hutton ,Mcleod ,Mckay and Templeton playing just off Little and Sandaza .

I've said it before; the sad reality is that, if we were not in this situation, a large number of this squad would not be near our first team and in some cases, club at all.

In two, three or however many years it will take us to return to the top flight (League structure dependant), only Templeton, Wallace and MacLeod will be good enough at this rate.

Not sure some folk are watching the game properly. Cribari kept our dodgy defence together today I though. Perry didn't look confident heading a ball at all. Cribari was everywhere winning headers in the first half. He also had that great running slide tackle in the second half. Wallace got caught out of position a few times too & Cribari was covering for him as well. Hegarty did well I thought, but was poor with his passing.

For me though, I blame Templeton for us having to go to the last minute just one up. Needs to learn not to be a greedy wee bastard and pass when others are in a better position.

Could Cribari make make Perry look worse than he is?

Don't get me wrong, Cribari has improved and looks good.

However I always remember a comment made by David Moyes when he sold Davie Weir to us.

Moyes basically said that he wanted to take the game to teams and due to Davie Weirs lack of pace he was forced to defend deep.

He was right, he sold Weir and played Yobo/Jagielka/lescott. played a high line, and turned Everton into a good Regular top half side.

Weir came to us with Walter wanting to play deep and hit teams on the break, Weir far more suited to this style and became a legend.

But no one can deny that when Weir was in the team our line was very unadventurous.

Perry has a decent turn of pace and although he makes mistakes he doesn't get the second chance to rectify his error due to the deep line.

If both perry and heggarty played at CB we could defend at the half way line and really impose ourselves on these teams. And if they made a mistake they have the pace to get back and try again.

Just a thought!

A team, who up until this season, have not been regularly praised for their forward thinking progressive style of football. Top 8 side no doubt. Great to watch barring this season? Never in a million years.

And before you give me the old "you have to be a good footballing side to do well in the EPL", I give you Bolton Wanderers. Done well for quite a number of years, both domestically and on the continent. Couldn't pay me to watch them, never mind me paying to watch them.

Hegarty and Perry worry the fuck out of me, Cribari is decent. Would like to see a Zorba/Faure/Cribari/Wallace back line again to see if it works this time

I have no idea why the first two were signed because I doubt they would m ake it at junior level; neither have any idea how to defend or tackle,Argyriou shows energy but little quality going forward and I have not a clue what Faure could bring to the table.Like you Hegarty and Perry worry me; Hegarty scared me at central defence but looked decent at full back although today he was consistent at finding a blue jersey,is he that thick or just a bad day? I didn,t think. Perry was all that bad today.

I've never been convinced by any of them.

At this level I think a decent centre half could carry the load for one of them but as we rise through the leagues we are going to need to sign a better quality of player.

A centre back and a right back have to be priorities this Summer.

They'll do fine for next season.