Crowds at Ibrox - Defiance?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We're just doing what we've always done. There's a whole generation of fans who've grown up during the 90's going to every game.

This is true but if a team gets relegated attendances usually drop, I won't lie and pretend I expected our crowds to keep up as they have.

They are desperate to see us fail in every way possible, they want our crowds to drop so they can talk about how Rangers fans have gave up and are glory hunters. Message to all haters : Not going to happen, everyone in the stadium was there for 1 reason, to see Rangers play football, not out of defiance. Rangers 'till I die isn't just a saying.

If the crowds are still at the same level next year and the year after they can't keep calling it "defiance", but they will come up with something similar.

They just don't have it in themselves to do objective reporting in this bitter narrow-minded shithole when it comes to Rangers. Supporters giving their all to help keep their club alive? Nah, they couldn't possibly say that.

Liewell and Lemon must wish the tims were that defiant

When the smellies were in crisis they were playing to home crowds of 8000

As someone said we didn't care and turned out whereas we are their world and without us their team isn't worth watching

Their teams entire reason for being was a reaction to us and they are still obsessed with anything we do and trying to counter or better it

If Ally is manager for the forseeable, then i can see the crowds going down. Poor performance constantly piss folk off. One reason i didnt go today.

What? Ally cobbled together a team from nothing after we were torn apart in the Summer. He's THE Ibrox hero.

Crowds will drop off but not dramatically. Officially just over 46000 today, probably around 38-40000 taking into account ST no shows. Still a remarkable turn out and eclipsing anything that the breeze block effigy in the east can muster. After going 18 points clear I wouldn't be surprised if the "real" turn out next week at Septic Park is under 30k.

Rubbish, they thought we would cave in and desert like the rhats. Defiance- boycotting last weekends game which we achieved over 95%

They cannot even bring themselves to admit loyalty will keep the fans going. To scared, surprised and scunnered that we are still the talk of scottish football, thier station must have some idea of the leval of fans that have stopped listening to thier shite on a nightly basis.

Really hope Ranger's get thier PR team onto these idiots with "thier " opinions soon on ALL stations and call thier bluff.

If the SPL crowds had been up (as the fans promised) it would have been lauded as backing their clubs; when any other club gets into financial trouble and the fans rally round it is lauded; when we do it we are dismissed

These haters are pathetic and unable to accept the loyalty we have towards our club.

They really don't get it. Do they? I go to support my team. I buy a season ticket to support my team. Unlike other clubs, your Aberdeens, Dundees etc we have a future. We know that regardless of what happens in Scottish Football we will be back on top very soon, back in Europe etc etc. The more these clowns spout this nonsense the more determined it makes me to carry on. So if that's defiance so be it.

I bought a season book expecting to get to only a few games, i gave my card to my old club to pass around so it will be used at every game, defiance? 45k plus attendances all season long tells its own story, unreal attendances considering the less than lofty opponents.

I heard Hugh Keevins and Gordon Dalziel claim that the remarkable crowds at Ibrox were down to defiance and they will die down eventually. Does anyone bye this? I'm unsure as to what it is we are supposed to be defying.

Ibrox has been consistently full for League games for 25 years. They will not drop off - defiance, my arse. We are just doing what we've always done.

I only bought my ST this year to piss them off. :D

Unconditional LOVE for the club, regardless for what league or team we are playing. Remember that old boy legends game - near full house. They don't get it, and never will as most of them just write about clubs, but don't truly love any.

wait a minute <cr>

so we enjoyed near 50K a game for years before we went into SFL3, we then continue to get similar numbers . . . . . AND IT'S DEFIANCE? <cr> <cr> <cr>

it's called backing yer team, the club you love, no matter how bad it gets :rolleyes:

the more i hear our haters say this, the more i think it's them telling us that if it happened to them they'd happily walk away . . . . . just like before (tu)