The Potential Extra Play-Off Spot

Gaz92

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/forfar-athletic/214575-extra-sfl-play-off-place-to-be-created-this-season-if-league-restructure-ap/

@STVGrant is discussing on twitter that if 12-12-18 goes through, an extra play off place for the second tier could be available. Should Rangers get it, following the precedent Stranrear set when they were promoted during reconstruction in 1994?

Or should Rangers accept their place in the 18 team league, and just keep working their way up?

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/forfar-athletic/214575-extra-sfl-play-off-place-to-be-created-this-season-if-league-restructure-ap/

@STVGrant is discussing on twitter that if 12-12-18 goes through, an extra play off place for the second tier could be available. Should Rangers get it, following the precedent Stranrear set when they were promoted during reconstruction in 1994?

Or should Rangers accept their place in the 18 team league, and just keep working their way up?

Rightfully we should get it however i think the ABR rule will come into play, anybody but Rangers. I hope we try though as its in the interests of sporting integrity and sporting merit that a league winning club should be promoted.

Tbf I would rather just be placed in the league. We may lose out on a bit of money from advertising but I doubt it would be much. I am not in any rush to get back to the SPL.

Good point. I would still like to think, given the Stranraer precedent, that we would get promoted (or at least invited into the playoffs). I'm in no rush up the leagues to line the pockets of the clubs that tried to destroy us.

what exactly happened with stranraer ? cannae find it anywhere on google.

I don't have a link on me just now, but when the league was reconstructed in 1994, Stranrear "jumped" a league so they wouldn't miss out on their rightful promotion.

If league restructuring takes place then we should play in the league above the one we are in now, in this case that would be the second tier of Scottish football. Any other decision would lack sporting integrity plain and simple.

I have enjoyed the change of pace in the third division this season, although to be honest I don't want to have to go through it again next year.

It takes us a year closer to the SPL and at the moment I have no desire to go and watch Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc, I wouldn't be bothered if we never played them again.

Celtic are so used to getting the decisions they want, that when they play in the champions league last sixteen and all of a sudden the rules are applied evenly and correctly their in an uproar!

Does any real football fan want to go back to that corrupt league?

I hope we can find a way to play in a competitive league that doesn't involve them.

The precedent is there with Stranraer and within the rules of the SFA it clearly states the league can't be changed during the current season. Now yes the way round that is if the majority of clubs agree to it but we as a club and fan base are being exploited here. There is no way they would offer us a "play off" as it would destroy their plan to use our fan base as the financial carrot for the sfl3 and 8 sfl2 clubs.

Considering the only logical reason for this set up is to fuck us over, I doubt we'll get it.

I'm not sure about that.

I think the reason to push through league reconstruction in this way is to get US into top level games sooner, for the sake of sponsorship, TV rights, gate receipts etc.

I'm not sure about that.

I think the reason to push through league reconstruction in this way is to get US into top level games sooner, for the sake of sponsorship, TV rights, gate receipts etc.

It's to get us into the same structure for that exact reason, if any one really believes it's for any other reason they are being naive as fuck...

I'm not sure about that.

Are you right in the head? We will spend another year in effectively a part time league and take just as long to play "top level" games....this is being pushed through to tie us into the tv deal and use us a carrot for the SFL clubs to push the balance of power back in the SPL's favour....all the money won in the championship is in the form of loans and will be repaid in the top flight thereby keeping all the money there.

I don't have a link on me just now, but when the league was reconstructed in 1994, Stranrear "jumped" a league so they wouldn't miss out on their rightful promotion.

Cheers, if that was the case then a would be extremely surprised if we ''jumped'' a league too, Rangers arent allowed rewards in this country.

How can we have an opinion on something that hasn`t even been passed. The whole reconstruction idea is a bloody shambles.

Tell me something, If you win your league should`nt you progress ? unless you are Rangers is the answer. i`m sick of the uncertainty

I'm not sure about that.

If it goes through, we won't get back to the top any sooner though. And it's a terrible structure idea imo.