***Official Rangers vs East Stirling***

BlueMe

I'm slightly concerned that a ten minute spell where we got three goals is going to mask what was another very poor performance....fair play to ally for making the tactical change of freeing up Templeton but in general it was another disjointed and laboured performance.

Some of the comments on here are suggesting the second half performance was a big improvement! Was it? We got goals but we never did any more than play in patches...

I am still baffled by the decision to start Naismith at right mid in a 4-4-2? After the third goal the game fell flat, that's the time for changes...I feel sorry for Hemings and aird not to get a proper chance...

We must expect better than that! If we only focus on results at this level we gain nothing from this!

i agree - this is a vital period in our existence when we dont have to worry about results. we have frankly played terrible this season (barring a couple of one-off games). i really thought our players would walk this league - fitter, more skill, more focused (our players only have one job). my real concern is when we get to the top division - are we just going to go back to buying better players and ignoring tactics? would be nice to see some kind of progress.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly concerned that a ten minute spell where we got three goals is going to mask what was another very poor performance....fair play to ally for making the tactical change of freeing up Templeton but in general it was another disjointed and laboured performance.

Some of the comments on here are suggesting the second half performance was a big improvement! Was it? We got goals but we never did any more than play in patches...

I am still baffled by the decision to start Naismith at right mid in a 4-4-2? After the third goal the game fell flat, that's the time for changes...I feel sorry for Hemings and aird not to get a proper chance...

We must expect better than that! If we only focus on results at this level we gain nothing from this!

ok

Perhaps thats where we should keep him in place of Shiels for a bit and have Aird and Mckay on the wings.

He had a spell there earlier in the season and got quite a few goals and assists, but took some pelters on here for being too greedy. I'd say it's an option to move him there in games but not sure about making that his main position.

Templeton was much better behind the strikers agreed on that.

He is a very frustrating player (even for a winger)....he has tremendous ability but he makes the wrong decision to often still....the way he played in jig was superb...when he does things quickly he is much more purposeful and in behind the strikers in a free role seems to suit him.

He had a spell there earlier in the season and got quite a few goals and assists, but took some pelters on here for being too greedy. I'd say it's an option to move him there in games but not sure about making that his main position.

I hope as Temps matures as a player he will become less greedy and realise he cant do it all alone. Its good to beable to switch players around in game thats true, i would like to see Aird get a few starts in a row see how he does and Shiels dropped completly today is either an injury i have not heard about or Allys finaly got fed up with lackluster performances from him. As long as we keep things fresh and shake the team up from time to time it should be alright.

I hope as Temps matures as a player he will become less greedy and realise he cant do it all alone. Its good to beable to switch players around in game thats true, i would like to see Aird get a few starts in a row see how he does and Shiels dropped completly today is either an injury i have not heard about or Allys finaly got fed up with lackluster performances from him. As long as we keep things fresh and shake the team up from time to time it should be alright.

Pretty sure they said he had an infected toe or something.

I know mate, after slating you I have been worn down...the irony is there for all to see, no defence...at least your sarcasm comes with pictures...I must do better!

Are you being condescending now? :P

fair play to ally for making the tactical change of freeing up Templeton

Good to see you recognised Ally's managerial ability making the difference today, something plenty have been calling for over the season particularly the last few weeks.

Not the best again today, don't know how it looked on tv but Black did hee haw for the team nothing more than a sideway pass passenger.

Last 20 mins seemed like a training game, little urgency or drove about the boys.

Second half was much better but should be doing better against these teams tbh.

Not the best again today, don't know how it looked on tv but Black did hee haw for the team nothing more than a sideway pass passenger.

Last 20 mins seemed like a training game, little urgency or drove about the boys.

Second half was much better but should be doing better against these teams tbh.

Can't argue with any of this, mate. I really hope that when MacLeod is fit again he comes back into cm with Hutton, who has impressed me in the last few weeks (tu)

Pleased with that result, but overall the performance was quite poor.

We always seem to start these games very slowly, and it seems to take us several chances before we can hit the target. Their keeper did have a decent game (that save from the free-kick was a belter).

We seem to be quite lethargic and at times our passing is quite slack. I seem to remember Ian Black not getting enough weight on a couple of passes and playing us into trouble.

Argyriou is frustrating as he is a natural RB, but at times he seems to switch off. Having said that he did well to make that run forward and to set up Andy Little with a perfectly weighted pass ;)

Temps is a bag of tricks and although a lot of them don't come off, you just don't know what he's going to do next. Well done to Ally for moving him into the middle as it made a big difference. Little was his usual self, and it was great to see Jig back and on the scoresheet again.

I would have liked to see Hemmings and Aird get more game time as the game was over as soon as we scored the 3rd. I'm sure they'll get more game time towards the end of the season.

Are you being condescending now? :P

Good to see you recognised Ally's managerial ability making the difference today, something plenty have been calling for over the season particularly the last few weeks.

I'm more than happy to praise ally when it's due and I desperately want to be able to do that more...I do think at times he makes things harder for himself by playing players out of position....what's your take on Naismith at right mid? In a 4-2-3-1...I can see the logic but in a 4-4-2?

I noticed something today as well...we don't press as a team, we do it individually or sometimes in small groups...we need to work on this...get our back line pushed up and put more pressure on the opposition! Thoughts?

3 Points are always good, but the team's performance was a bit below par.

Our defence is poor; our midfield too slow/deliberate and does not create enough - Naismith is never a right winger; strikers are actually quite good at least for this level.

We need to play at a higher tempo. When we do we are successful. When we stroll around we are there for the picking.

Players and coaches should know all this by now.

I'm more than happy to praise ally when it's due and I desperately want to be able to do that more...I do think at times he makes things harder for himself by playing players out of position....what's your take on Naismith at right mid? In a 4-2-3-1...I can see the logic but in a 4-4-2?

I noticed something today as well...we don't press as a team, we do it individually or sometimes in small groups...we need to work on this...get our back line pushed up and put more pressure on the opposition! Thoughts?

We've not pressed as a team for a long long time now, not even during Walter's reign iirc. Often been a bug bear of mine. We always seem happy to sit off the oppo, often waiting until they're in the box before finally making a challenge.