***The Official Rangers v Annan Athletic Match Thread***

GersAvA92

If Green sacked Ally there would be uproar but from a cold business perspective he would probably be doing the right thing

I don't think there will be an uproar

He will get to end of season then told to go quietly

It HAS to happen, I'm gutted for ally but he isn't up to the job and they next few years are huge for the club

Sorry ally but you must go

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the manager always shoulders the blame and most of it is deserved in this case but the players need to take a look at themselves as well. No matter who the manager picks, or where they play, they should be doing a lot better than that. Andy Little was the only 1 who looked like he was trying at every opportunity. Shows the difference with him staying for his love of the club and others who have came for an easy ride to pick up a fortune.

The majority of the players are shite and no amount of managerial motivation is going to improve them. No doubt we would find better talent sitting in the stands paying to watch them. But we are stuck with them until this ridiculous signing ban is lifted, and winning next seasons league is going to be harder than some people think. We should practice winning matches with a vocal support to fall back on when things go badly on the field, for the timebeing.

If you go to the match to grunt, stay at home.

I am going to keep on giving my support to Ally McCoist. This weeks preparations, and especially in terms of motivating his squad- have hardly been helped by the PR comments- whether in context or not. Hardly the support of words to attract quality payers to Rangers. Not great to have played " in the worst Rangers team ever" as attributed to your own Chief Executive on your CV.

Ally McCoist is doing the primary job he was asked to do. He does not have a magic wand. It is not attractive. The opposition are not meekly rolling over because the mighty Rangers have come to town. The pressure/ expectations on the players is huge. This is not the same as when Gretna funded their way through the divisions. They were effectively unknown. Our guys are always being reminded of the Rangers legacy. There have also been many many off field distractions. There is one man particularly qualified to decided whether or not McCoist is up to the challenge of managing Rangers, and that is McCoist himself. He knows the true enviroment in which he has to operate.

Ha ha....so it's Charles greens fault again?? If you heard the context he said it in you might understand it better as he was trying to defend ally....something he might have to do more of after today's shambles!

I agree with every word,mate.

CG was 100% accurate but also 100% brash Yorkshireman.Shouldn't have been said to the media.

I will back Ally until I see him with a proper squad.

This mob are a disgrace.They have just been part of the worst result in a long,long history.

Come September Ally will,hopefully,have the makings of a team that will wash away the memories of this disastrous season.

I disagree.... he still has to rely on free transfers...

Today was embarrassing but to be honest as soon as the team was announced you had an idea it was going to be a slog!

Why is ally playing players out of position still? Naismith is NOT a right mid! Why the fuck can't he see that...my wee cousin who is 12 can see that. People need to wake up and realise performances like that will turn fans away! Awful! We can't pass, we can't defend, we look unfitter and less interested....big questions need asked and if ally comes out with the same comments he has after every poor performance I am going to lose a little but more faith in him and some respect for him!

Butcher will sort these slackers out.

Nothing to worry about, McCoist, Durrant and co will have a laugh and a chuckle at training on Monday morning and then it's off to nandos as usual.

personally id suggest Derek Adams.

Not just from todays result but he has done a cracking job for Ross County on a hee haw budget.

kind of glad i had to work today, not sure if i could have handled this place as we lose.

We need wholesale changes in the squad, I have been saying this for months. some of these players are just simply not good enough, or are not trying and should be moved on first chance we get.

If we change some players, get new people in, and still perform like we are, then Ally will end up sacked. He still has my support untill he has had a fair crack of the whip.

Today was embarrassing but to be honest as soon as the team was announced you had an idea it was going to be a slog!

Why is ally playing players out of position still? Naismith is NOT a right mid! Why the fuck can't he see that...my wee cousin who is 12 can see that. People need to wake up and realise performances like that will turn fans away! Awful! We can't pass, we can't defend, we look unfitter and less interested....big questions need asked and if ally comes out with the same comments he has after every poor performance I am going to lose a little but more faith in him and some respect for him!

Ally has been doing this shit all season... this alone proves his inexperience!!

Today was a shambles.. players should donate wages as has been said.. and Ally needs to walk in the summer. For the sake of this club.

I think we should swoop for Derek Adams.

He's the best young manager in the country, not ven 40 yet and his achievements have been surreal with Ross Co. He took them to a cup final (knocking out the tims at Hampden, oh yes) while in the first division.

They romped the first division and even in the SPL continued a run of something like 3 months unbeaten. Currently battling for 2nd place in the SPL in their first season after promotion, only losing 2 at home, which joint best with the tims, also losing 2 at home.

McCoist isn't the man, he plays Little out wide to accomodate Jig up front, when Jig is probably our best CB, and Little is wasted on the wing. He's signed dross like Sandaza and Kyle and when the transfer window opens, he wants to sign John Daly?

I desperately wanted it to work with McCoist, I grew up watching him and is 1 of the greatest Rangers ever, but i could do a better job than he's doing as manager. We need change fast, because it's such a vital time for this club - and we need to get it right.

I am going to keep on giving my support to Ally McCoist. This weeks preparations, and especially in terms of motivating his squad- have hardly been helped by the PR comments- whether in context or not. Hardly the support of words to attract quality payers to Rangers. Not great to have played " in the worst Rangers team ever" as attributed to your own Chief Executive on your CV.

Ally McCoist is doing the primary job he was asked to do. He does not have a magic wand. It is not attractive. The opposition are not meekly rolling over because the mighty Rangers have come to town. The pressure/ expectations on the players is huge. This is not the same as when Gretna funded their way through the divisions. They were effectively unknown. Our guys are always being reminded of the Rangers legacy. There have also been many many off field distractions. There is one man particularly qualified to decided whether or not McCoist is up to the challenge of managing Rangers, and that is McCoist himself. He knows the true enviroment in which he has to operate.

Have you seen a worse one? sometimes the truth hurts and the statement aint far off the mark, ffs the players never even had it in them to say GIRFUY Charlie with a decent display, that was howling.

It's becoming a bloody joke.

We saw last week Naismith is not a wide midfielder but hey why not put him in there again and leave another winger on the bench.

Andy little our goal machine was utilised on the wing to at time from what I saw which again frustrated the life out of me, why do this? I remember Lafferty getting the same despite being horrible on the wings.

I'll tell you what though the crowds won't be as big if is continues, don't know ow vocal you heard on TV but we were fuming at that pish.

McCoist brought these players in, he trains them, he picks the teams and he takes all the flack. Not good enough for this club not even close

I don't think there would be now, if he leaves at the end of the season and takes the back room staff with him i think it will be the best for everyone.

Agreed.

Charles Green probably had his own guy in mind from the beginning but he would have been hounded out if he had sacked Ally after he held us together through the admin etc.

It's simply not happening for Ally.

Saddened by this, we have gone downhill so far and yes i know all the issues we have had with getting players and stuff but we should not

be losing to Annan, we have been awful for 80% of the season but managing to win because of our opponents lack of quality, any better league and we would be on the end of some real beatings most games playing the way we have recently.

Saddened by this, we have gone downhill so far and yes i know all the issues we have had with getting players and stuff but we should not be losing to Annan

And not just any Annan side, an Annan side on this kind of form:

Annan 0-0 Peterhead

Queens Park 2-2 Annan

Elgin 3-1 Annan

Annan 1-2 East Stirlingshire

Stirling A 2-1 Annan

Montrose 5-1 Annan

Annan 2-2 Berwick

Rangers 1-2 Annan

3 draws and 4 losses in their last 7, yet they come to Ibrox and win. Deservedly.

The biggest disappointment for Ally will be the no show of the experienced campaigners from the word go,i.e.Black,Shiels,Sandaza.The abject performances this trio have subjected us to is torture.Turning on the manager is not the answer,though I admit some of his decisions are a mystery.I believe Walter will be giving him advice re proper signings when this shameful transfer ban has ended.Rangers till I die,not looking forward to Monday though.

Annan 0-0 Peterhead

Queens Park 2-2 Annan

Elgin 3-1 Annan

Stirling A 2-1 Annan

Montrose 5-1 Annan

Annan 2-2 Berwick

Rangers 1-2 Annan

3 draws and 4 losses in their last 7, yet they come to Ibrox and win. Deservedly.

McCoist needs to get a grip of things. Not sure how many more performances like this he can survive.

Annan 0-0 Peterhead

Queens Park 2-2 Annan

Elgin 3-1 Annan

Stirling A 2-1 Annan

Montrose 5-1 Annan

Annan 2-2 Berwick

Rangers 1-2 Annan

The way we have played most of the season any team would fancy their chances against us. I have not seen any real signs of encouragement since the good run we had before Christmas, we did ok for a couple of games after tannadump but that seems to of been a slight reaction to the critisim and now we are back in the doldrums again performance wise. Sad times.