Season Tickets

AlBear.

Season Tickets  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew your Season Ticket next season?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think other factors will come into renewals - especially if we are still in bottom tier and suspect some wont come after the general support from last year but now the vlub is safe may not renew - it won't be all about ally / team even if there is lower numbers

I also think other factors will come into renewals - especially if we are still in bottom tier and suspect some wont come after the general support from last year but now the vlub is safe may not renew - it won't be all about ally / team even if there is lower numbers

I think you'll find though that alot of the new (returning) season ticket holders from this year won't renew....if like to hope we will still have over 30k but realistically I think we have to accept that with the way we have played and the potential to still be in the bottom tier our attendances will drop off...

I find it amusing the comments from some (anyone not renewing can fuck off)....I mean what planet do some of you live on? Some fans may be able to afford it but haven't enjoyed what they have seen or would rather spend what little money they do have on something to entertain the kids....who knows....the point is these fans on the cusp are the most important ones from a business point of view...these are the ones green and ally have to convince to part with their hard earned cash and this attitude that good riddance we don't need them is very short sighted, especially whilst we are in the lower leagues and our financial stability and growth is so important!

I think you'll find though that alot of the new (returning) season ticket holders from this year won't renew....if like to hope we will still have over 30k but realistically I think we have to accept that with the way we have played and the potential to still be in the bottom tier our attendances will drop off...

I find it amusing the comments from some (anyone not renewing can fuck off)....I mean what planet do some of you live on? Some fans may be able to afford it but haven't enjoyed what they have seen or would rather spend what little money they do have on something to entertain the kids....who knows....the point is these fans on the cusp are the most important ones from a business point of view...these are the ones green and ally have to convince to part with their hard earned cash and this attitude that good riddance we don't need them is very short sighted, especially whilst we are in the lower leagues and our financial stability and growth is so important!

Only point I am making is that if season ticket sales fall - it will not all be down to Ally - in fact I would suggest there are other reasons season tickets are likely to fall - last season we had an upsurge in sales based on our collective anger and desire to support the club in one of its direst hours, prices were also cheap and there were waves of emotion surrounding getting a ticket. I also think many will not renew almost as a protest if we are still in the bottom tier - protest might not be the right word but if there is an 18 and we are in it the feeling of no progression may put people off.

As for your second paragraph I don't know why you have put that in a reply to me, as I have never told anyone they can get to fuck if they don't renew.

Only point I am making is that if season ticket sales fall - it will not all be down to Ally - in fact I would suggest there are other reasons season tickets are likely to fall - last season we had an upsurge in sales based on our collective anger and desire to support the club in one of its direst hours, prices were also cheap and there were waves of emotion surrounding getting a ticket. I also think many will not renew almost as a protest if we are still in the bottom tier - protest might not be the right word but if there is an 18 and we are in it the feeling of no progression may put people off.

As for your second paragraph I don't know why you have put that in a reply to me, as I have never told anyone they can get to fuck if they don't renew.

The second paragraph was more a general response and as I'm on my phone I don't know how to do more than one quote at a time....

I don't disagree that anyone not renewing will be doing so as a result of ally or necessarily the performances however as I say those fans on the cusp are the most important at this moment in time and ally, green and the players all have a responsibility to make it as appealing as possible for as many people as possible.

The second paragraph was more a general response and as I'm on my phone I don't know how to do more than one quote at a time....

I don't disagree that anyone not renewing will be doing so as a result of ally or necessarily the performances however as I say those fans on the cusp are the most important at this moment in time and ally, green and the players all have a responsibility to make it as appealing as possible for as many people as possible.

I think season tickets this season are abnormally high and always expected a dip no matter what (Oh and how the press will love any dip as a sign we are going backwards) - but I expect still decent numbers - I think the biggest threat to numbers is disillusionment if we have to participate in a 18 league and that is the battle Green should be fighting more than any other.

Will be interesting to see just how many yes's on this turn into a no when the 33% or whatever it was he said price increase for a season ticket gets whacked on next season. I'll renew because I'm financially in a position to be able to do so but I imagine a sum of £400+ to watch this shite again next year will turn a few heads away. Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I'm still undecided about a season ticket for next season.

At the start of this season I decided that I was going to attend a few games but unsure as to how many I would be able to because of other commitments. As it turns out I (we) fall into that bracket that makes up the numbers over and above the season ticket loyal.

As it has turned out my Mrs and I, and my son, have only missed 3 home games all season. I buy tickets for us as soon as they become available on the club web site and they cost about £45 or so. Now couple that up with fuel, food, programme etc it starts to get into a few bob on a Saturday. Throw in a couple of away games and the costs start to mount. I don't consider this method of paying to see the team I love any less loyal than those who buy season tickets. Nor should it be considered any different (other than on RM of course)

I would gladly keep this up every week, in fact even accept the increases for next season. I love my team, always have done but I just can't hack the frustration, the desperation and disappointment week after week. The team is currently going nowhere. No advances in scouting policy, no improvement in fitness of players or quality of football on the park, no opportunity grasped to totally rebuild the entire superstructure from a clear foundation. And it certainly isn't entertaining. We appear to be limping back to the same state of mediocrity we were in before we found ourselves in the bottom tier.

We all shout so loud but somehow no one seems to listen. The only recourse left to us is to vote with our feet. If you buy a season ticket then Charlie has your dough and cares not a hoot. If he were to rely on weekly paying bums on seats instead of pre-paid season tickets things may be a lot different for his commercial vision because people would just not simply go.

This is where I am at the moment, still swithering about buying 3 season tickets.

Yes , blue tinted loyal. Need to spport them at all costs and then show our feeling for the way the team is being sent out to work.

If it a financial reason people cant, then fair enough. Work etc. But to not buy one, after the horrors of our club have went through to just not go is beyond me. It will make it better when we return to the top. I , although pretty young in the 80's went with my dad to the games and when we done nine in a row , it made me appreciate it more after watching years of crap at ibrox.

So yes i will be supporting my club imn any way i can. We nearly lost them and we should all be grateful we are having this debate.

I'm very happy with the overall response on here, and not surprised at all.

BP9 made a good point that this season there was a lot of anger at the way we have been treated and that would have spurred on some to get Season Tickets and the likelyhood is the numbers will fall from 38,000, but not by the significant numbers some prophesize.

I know polls don't mean an awful lot on an internet forum however I do get quite annoyed when certain posters go on and on about Season Tickets will fall and people will not renew, when there is less than 1% of Rangers Season Ticket holders represented on here. I'm not sure where they are getting their information from to form this view and (imo) at best they are misguided with their opinions on the Rangers support. I think they are doing a real disservice to the vast majority of the Rangers support. Don't underestimate our loyalty to the club.

BP9 made a good point that this season there was a lot of anger at the way we have been treated and that would have spurred on some to get Season Tickets and the likelyhood is the numbers will fall from 38,000, but not by the significant numbers some prophesize.

I know polls don't mean an awful lot on an internet forum however I do get quite annoyed when certain posters go on and on about Season Tickets will fall and people will not renew, when there is less than 1% of Rangers Season Ticket holders represented on here. I'm not sure where they are getting their information from to form this view and (imo) at best they are misguided with their opinions on the Rangers support. I think they are doing a real disservice to the vast majority of the Rangers support. Don't underestimate our loyalty to the club.

We will just have to wait and see.

Imagine you've entered for The London marathon but some officious pen-pusher refuses to accept your entry only to grant it at the last minute. You grab the opportunity but the uncertainty means you are not as well prepared as you wanted. You know it's going to be hard going but you dig in and keep going knowing you will hit the wall at some stage. That to me is what we as a club have faced this season but through it all they've kept going -- sometimes admittedly with some awful performances. Can I keep pushing on? Well as I've still to hit my wall, then yes, I'll be renewing.

Most ST holders like myself will renew(Circumstances pending) however as seen by the last few games if the football is still terrible to watch attendances will drop.

When are renewal notices issued? 1st time I have had a season ticket for years.

Problem is the uncertainty over 'reconstruction' means they'll likely be delayed again. Usually they are sent out around April/May I think.