Danny Wilson

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would definitely like to see Danny Wilson back at the club. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening. He is making a lot more money than we could ever offer him and had been playing for clubs at a much higher level than we are now. If we could get him on a decent salary then I think we would be stupid not to take him but at the current state of the club I do not think we have any chance of signing him.

We could easily afford him. Failed at Liverpool, done nothing at Blackpool and Bristol City, now on loan at Hearts and probably looking to sign for someone at Hearts level.

Everyone knew he would hardly ever get a game at Liverpool they knew he would disappear.

Now he's on loan to Hearts and about to be a free agent.

That's not our problem.

3 million quid for an 18 year old with a handful of first team games under his belt and a year left on his contract was a great deal, especially considering our financial situation at the time.

That's not our problem.

3 million quid for an 18 year old with a handful of first team games under his belt and a year left on his contract was a great deal, especially considering our financial situation at the time.

Never knew we got 3million for him? Anyway i was saying it was his fault everyone told him it wouldn't work. (tu)

We could easily afford him. Failed at Liverpool, done nothing at Blackpool and Bristol City, now on loan at Hearts and probably looking to sign for someone at Hearts level.

Let's say we could afford to pay his wage demands... Do you honestly think he is going to want to play in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football next season when he could probably be playing in the Championship at a similar wage? Also, there's no doubts we could get defenders of a similar quality who can help get us through the next couple seasons at half his wage demands.

If we could get him that would be great. But I think we have to be more realistic in our signing perspectives and look at how the current crop of former SPL players have done for us so far. Black has been pretty pathetic all season, Shiels has only moments of class, and Sandaza has been injured and running his mouth about our club.

Never knew we got 3million for him? Anyway i was saying it was his fault everyone told him it wouldn't work. (tu)

I think it was actually 2 million :blush:

Yeah I didn't think it would work but that's something he has to live with. He is still young enough to come back from it and have a good career, but that won't happen for him at a Hearts or a Motherwell.

I'd have him back tomorrow.

I think it was actually 2 million :blush:

Yeah I didn't think it would work but that's something he has to live with. He is still young enough to come back from it and have a good career, but that won't happen for him at a Hearts or a Motherwell.

I'd have him back tomorrow.

I think the transfer wasn't as much as that up front. Think we got in monthly installments etc.....(tu)

Why would Ally for JM? He was the one that let him go in the 1st place. Would he come back knowing it was McCoist that never gave him a chance at Rangers?

McMillian said on his twitter when asked that he would come back.

Our circumstances have changed massively since we let JM go the first time and I think he would be far more reliable than Argyiou or Cole are at right back. He looked a decent player in his few first team chances, but he was behind two of the managers favourites so he was always going to struggle to get in and stay in.

Let's say we could afford to pay his wage demands... Do you honestly think he is going to want to play in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football next season when he could probably be playing in the Championship at a similar wage? Also, there's no doubts we could get defenders of a similar quality who can help get us through the next couple seasons at half his wage demands.

If we could get him that would be great. But I think we have to be more realistic in our signing perspectives and look at how the current crop of former SPL players have done for us so far. Black has been pretty pathetic all season, Shiels has only moments of class, and Sandaza has been injured and running his mouth about our club.

Depends what he is after, he's been at 2 Championship clubs, 1 who was in the relegation zone and he still couldn't get a game so it's not a certainty that any club in the Championship would play him never mind give him a good wage. At this point of his career he needs games, does he go to the Championship and fall away to nothing, or go the SPL and play for a Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen type team, or he could come here and play while making more money than an SPL team could offer. It seems a no brainer to me what he should chose if he had the chance.