Danny Wilson

WilliamFyfe

I'm not sure Rangers could of turned down £2m at the time tbf

£2M for a young player out of contract at end of season who played a handful of games, impressed in some, looked average in others. If he went on to be a success was worth £5M in add-ons, if not, we got £2M for almost nothing. Cracking deal at the time.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another player who seems to have gained more talent in the minds of certain posters since he left.

Its like the player who's out injured who always become the messiah, this guy was a very average player.

Did me and you have a discussion about Wilson before he left ? :lol:

I thought we were the ones who sold him! Haven't seen enough of him since he left to comment. But don't hold any grudges about him leaving. It was a good deal at the time.

We sold him because he made it crystal that under no circumstances was he signing another contract.please no,Ally

Take him back, so he made a mistake leaving to go to Liverpool. If he got another chance with us he would grab it, that is if he is prepared to drop a div or 2? He was better than anyone we have left or was that just the Davie Weir factor! :-)

Well he jumped ship at the first opportunity and from I heard he was strutting around Glasgow saying to folk do you know who I'am

If his attitude has improved then I'd take him back in a heartbeat as our Defence is the worst I've ever seen. I'd rather have Rodriguez and Svenssen over what we have now :anguish:

Ouch! Did you need to mention that pairing? Nightmares again tonight!

I would take him, think davie weir made him but at 21 he has something to offer. Don't blame him for fucking of to Lfc got to cash in when you can or next thing you know you are playing for hearts killie or hits !

Would walk into our team.

no great feat is it ffs

as it stands i want heehaw to do with him, he's missed what, 2 years of proper game time at a decent level because he chased the money, two years that are extremely important in his development

Plus did you see him diving in today, cost hearts the first st mirren goal

Average :lol:

Maybe you're massively underrating how much potential he showed when he played for us, fantastic prospect at the time and I said it was a stupid more for him.

Would walk into our team.

No i'm not i was every game he played and i never saw the hype, Wallace would not sit out for Danny Wilson.

Remember the last game he played the Cup game he had an awful game and even managed to get himself sent off.

Thought him and Webster the coward were great today doh

Couple of donkeys ..........

If I were a Hearts fan today I would have been disgusted with Websters performance .For me the sole reason Saints got the initiative .He was pants but Wilson wasn't far behind

Thought he was pretty poor in the cup final today with Webster covering for him on more than one occassion. That said I thought he had a great future when he played with us and haven't seen him play since he left until today so can't judge based on 1 game.

No it's not, but my points stand that he had potential to be a very good player.

If he was much older, then I would agree with what your saying, but he's only 21 and has loads of time to improve on that potential. If you didn't want him back due to the way he left, I have no issue with that at all.

Never seen the game today and haven't seen him at Hearts at all, but having seen him for Blackpool, Liverpool, Scotland and under 21s since he left, I still feel he could be a very good player for us.

He wouldn't be coming up against Wallace to get in the team, he would be competing for CB position!

Are players not allowed to have off days? No player is perfect!

I seen him live in about 80% of the matches he played for us and watched every other game on tv and believe he had excellent potential. Walter trusted him over Bougherra at times and one thing Walter knew about was CBs. Each to their own.

He's poor in the air and gets bullied easily why would you want that from a centre back..

At Liverpool he was shocking and was hardly played, he burned his bridges when he left i want committed players at Rangers,

I'd take him back but I don't think he would solve our defensive problems. Over 40% of our goals conceded have been from set-pieces, he was quite weak in the air especially against strong attackers.

If we signed him we still need another CB who can win absolutely everything in the air.

I don't blame him as such, just don't think we should mop up what became of it on O.T.T. wages - which is what people are talking about.

He had a chance to play here, first team, alongside weir, build himself up.

He took the offer of Liverpool and most of us reckoned he'd rot in the reserves.

It's the lack of consistency in what we say we want at Rangers that gets me, not Wilson himself.

We say we want to look to the future, build a philosophy etc etc,.........push comes to shove - 'let's sign all our has-beens and buy our way out of the divisions',.............only thing that builds is a reputation to pay over the odds, and a reputation of giving players 2nd and 3rd chances.

Not what I think we should be, although I admit there is plenty whom disagree with me on it.

i wouldn't say it's buying our way out the divisions mate, McCoist said he bought SPL players to compete in the cups - that failed. But we also had to buy SPL players to get fans excited about the football to buy season tickets. We need to be up to SPL standard by the end of next season and maintain it through the next in order that we can go right back to the top of the SPL when we get there. It's best to buy now and get them all playing together than buy new faces at the end of the season when we are in Div 1.

IMO Danny Wilson is a good prospect and can't see that his wages would be OTT.