Danny Wilson

WilliamFyfe

3rd Division, silly wages and isn't he a Scotland International ?

3rd Division didn't stop Wallace, Templeton, Sandaza, Shields, Black etc... joining(or staying in the case of Wallace) us, Black and Wallace are Scotland internationals it doesn't mean anything even Broadfoot's a Scotland international infact Broadfoot is a Blackpool regular while Wilson couldn't get a game with them. Sure his wages would be a problem but I doubt anyone is going to pay him anywhere near what Liverpool are (around 20k a week I think) so he will have to take a huge wage cut regardless of where he goes.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd Division didn't stop Wallace, Templeton, Sandaza, Shields, Black etc... joining(or staying in the case of Wallace) us, Black and Wallace are Scotland internationals it doesn't mean anything even Broadfoot's a Scotland international infact Broadfoot is a Blackpool regular while Wilson couldn't get a game with them. Sure his wages would be a problem but I doubt anyone is going to pay him anywhere near what Liverpool are (around 20k a week I think) so he will have to take a huge wage cut regardless of where he goes.

Wallace and Black haven't had much luck in getting selected since they decided to play for us in the 3rd Division.

Either way, all that aside, I can see him signing for some misfit Championship club or even maybe staying with Hearts for the the foreseeable future, if they have one.

Had potential, he was playing first team football,.........fucked off to sit in the Liverpool reserves talking about how he was honored to be joining a bigger club.

Fuck him.

Really wish our support would stop hankering after traitors.

Give me fucking peace.

Any abuse his way is greatly unfair. He was getting sold whether he liked it or not, and considering the circumstances of the Club at the time, he had every right to consider Liverpool. The truth of the matter was that he gave his all in every single game he wore the jersey - no-one can argue any different. I've never seen such mature performances at the back from such a young player. I think it was Pogrebnyak who had nothing but praise for him after the Stuttgart game, and his performance away to Unirea was one of the best a Rangers defender has put in away in Europe over the past decade.

Rangers got much-needed cash from his sale and, as it turns out, it probably wasn't the best of career moves for Danny Wilson. But why certain people revel in that I'll never understand. He was never disrespectful and couldn't have shown more gratitude to everyone at Rangers before he left.

Rangers needed the money. Kevin Thomson left under the same pretences albeit his injuries were eating away at his time at Ibrox long before the summer of his sale. You can't just call players who eventually leave Rangers disloyal. He did absolutely nothing wrong. Again, not once did he show one ounce of disrespect to the badge, the fans or anyone at the Club. In fact, I do remember him making certain that his gratitude to Walter Smith especially was publicised greatly.

Rangers' hand was forced by Lloyds and of all the teams to come in for him one was Liverpool. You really begrudge the guy for bringing £3m-£5m to Rangers at 18 years-old and moving to one of the biggest clubs in England?

Would welcome him back with open arms, finances allowing.

Wallace and Black haven't had much luck in getting selected since they decided to play for us in the 3rd Division.

Either way, all that aside, I can see him signing for some misfit Championship club or even maybe staying with Hearts for the the foreseeable future, if they have one.

Ian Black as a Inverness & Hearts player = 0 Caps

Ian Black as a Rangers player = 1 Cap

Either way Ian Black hasn't been selected more because he is completley shite, Lee Wallace isn't being selected because Rangers are totally pish at the moment and because of our humiliation at the hands of Dundee United and Inverness if Rangers had won those games I can guarantee Wallace would have been playing for Scotland. Maybe he would join a misfit Championship club but he would be lucky to get a game, and Hearts couldn't offer the wages we can plus they are under the constant danger of being liquidated not to mention they sometimes decide not to pay their players.

I recollect the club asking him to stay for another couple of seasons to fulfill his potential alonside a great mentor in Davie Weir.His reply was "don`t waste your time".Thought Stevie Thomson made him look ordinary today,do we want Stevie back too?Not for me,and if he`s as good as a few of you think,he`ll be spoiled for offers.NOT