Danny Wilson

WilliamFyfe

Something that's always peddled on here is how we should follow the Porto, Ajax, Swansea models of buy players, develop them and then sell them for big money and Wilson fit that plan perfectly.

How can we ever follow that blueprint if every player who leaves us is going to be branded a traitor by some supporters? :lol:

Players come and go, that's football. So long as the player does their best for us and earns a decent return when they go them I'll never have a problem with somebody leaving.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The st mirren strikers bullied him all day, and he never looked comfortable. I really liked him when he was with us, and like most people thought he left far to early and was badly advised, but i think moving to Liverpool has hindered rather than improved him as a player.I think he's still too young to be written of though, and aye he's better than what we've got for that position the now, but i'm undecided whether i would want him back or if he would even consider it

He is at his level with Hearts just the way things eneded up with Kevin Thomson back at his level with Hibz

Rubbish! Thomson is only back at Hibs because of injurys, He was a good player for us and would have had a cracking career had he not been so unlucky.

Something that's always peddled on here is how we should follow the Porto, Ajax, Swansea models of buy players, develop them and then sell them for big money and Wilson fit that plan perfectly.

How can we ever follow that blueprint if every player who leaves us is going to be branded a traitor by some supporters? :lol:

Players come and go, that's football. So long as the player does their best for us and earns a decent return when they go them I'll never have a problem with somebody leaving.

It's ridiculous. Another thing that annoys me is people hoping players that leave fail, how can we expect teams to offer good money for players if every player that leaves ends up a dud?

It's ridiculous. Another thing that annoys me is people hoping players that leave fail, how can we expect teams to offer good money for players if every player that leaves ends up a dud?

Once they leave i dont care how their career goes, its up to them to achieve more in football and anything said on a forum wont change that.

Once they leave i dont care how their career goes, its up to them to achieve more in football and anything said on a forum wont change that.

Obviously anything said on a forum wont change it, but it's daft to hope they fail. You cant expect good transfer fees when everytime a player leaves they are shite, its hard enough to get a good transfer fee for a player as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Would definitely like to see Danny Wilson back at the club. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening. He is making a lot more money than we could ever offer him and had been playing for clubs at a much higher level than we are now. If we could get him on a decent salary then I think we would be stupid not to take him but at the current state of the club I do not think we have any chance of signing him.