Everyone Back Defending At Corners - Why?

BlueAvenger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did it under Walter aswell and it used to annoy me....firstly there is no point having everyone back as often it leads to people passing on responsibility instead of attacking the ball, it also brings the opposition on top of you and encourages them to send more players forward and like we seen at one point today with aird, it leaves you with no outball and often leads to offering up possession to the opposition even if we manage to defend/clear it!

We did it under Walter aswell and it used to annoy me....firstly there is no point having everyone back as often it leads to people passing on responsibility instead of attacking the ball, it also brings the opposition on top of you and encourages them to send more players forward and like we seen at one point today with aird, it leaves you with no outball and often leads to offering up possession to the opposition even if we manage to defend/clear it!

Great points mate. If we clear the ball the opposition just get another chance to fire it back in again !

This pisses me off every game as soon as the ball is cleared the oppositions defence just pump it straight back in causing us all sorts of problems..one or two of out players down the defenders throats and we would cause havoc.

No right now we cant. Were shite at defending set pieces like you said, we take more players out that box we will concede more. we need everyone we have :lol:

Sorry MB but I have to disagree! If we left 2 players up they would require a minimum of 3 to mark, possibly 4 with the lower division teams. Poster #3 is correct and it is blatant to see, we are passing responsibility and ony Jig is interested in attacking the ball from corners and set pieces. What annoys me most is when we clear the ball it lands at the oppositions feet as we have no one to challenge for it we are straight back under pressure! It is so fcuking infuriating and can be so easily stopped.

This pisses me off every game as soon as the ball is cleared the oppositions defence just pump it straight back in causing us all sorts of problems..one or two of out players down the defenders throats and we would cause havoc.

Aye it happens every game mate. As you say, if we had one or two out players we might even break up the park and.... score !!!!!

Sorry MB but I have to disagree! If we left 2 players up they would require a minimum of 3 to mark, possibly 4 with the lower division teams. Poster #3 is correct and it is blatant to see, we are passing responsibility and ony Jig is interested in attacking the ball from corners and set pieces. What annoys me most is when we clear the ball it lands at the oppositions feet as we have no one to challenge for it we are straight back under pressure! It is so fcuking infuriating and can be so easily stopped.

Totally agree mate....thought I was the only one that got annoyed with this !!!

Its just another ultra cautious, set out not to lose first tactic Ally has taken from our European adventures under Walter and apply in SFL3.

True mate.

I can understand it against Barcelona but at home in SFL 3 !!!

Suppose it worked because we got a 0-0 draw today........

This type of defending and the negative tactics will take the excitement out of our young players and not progress them.

Barry Mckay was way too deep today (as he's been in every start recently). The players seem to drift around instead of staying

in the role they should be in.... today we had the back 4 (Too deep) 3 midfilders just in front of them (making 7 defenders), 2 wingers going in and out and a striker (stinker more likely) who was completely out of his depth. What sort of tactician came up with that formation ?.

The young players are not being used to the best of their ability and that can only be to the detriment of their progress.

So where does that leave the blame on ???.

True mate.

I can understand it against Barcelona but at home in SFL 3 !!!

Suppose it worked because we got a 0-0 draw today........

Somewhere along the way we got suckered into believing that not losing is more important than winning in style, as you say against Barca thats true but against Stirling Albion its horrific.

This type of defending and the negative tactics will take the excitement out of our young players and not progress them.

Barry Mckay was way too deep today (as he's been in every start recently). The players seem to drift around instead of staying

in the role they should be in.... today we had the back 4 (Too deep) 3 midfilders just in front of them (making 7 defenders), 2 wingers going in and out and a striker (stinker more likely) who was completely out of his depth. What sort of tactician came up with that formation ?.

The young players are not being used to the best of their ability and that can only be to the detriment of their progress.

So where does that leave the blame on ???.

Yes I find some of these tactics baffling mate.

Surely we can attack more especially in SFL3 ?

Somewhere along the way we got suckered into believing that not losing is more important than winning in style, as you say against Barca thats true but against Stirling Albion its horrific.

Fair points.

Under the circumstances I have always been reluctant to criticise Ally.... but that performance today !!!!!