Everyone Back Defending At Corners - Why?

BlueAvenger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have a team of defenders and 1forward oh and mind get Alexander to punt it to the only striker every time. I'm fucking sick of week in week out total dross.

Yet again made to look like amateurs and what snapped me was being able to hear the Stirling Albion players shouting at each other while our team waved a pointy finger or shrugged there shoulders.

I'm seriously debating whether or not I can bear to watch the next game because of this tactic. For a great player McCoist seems to have a severe lack of understanding about the game itself.

Unfortunately many great players lack an understanding of the tactical side of the game.lesser players possibly think more in this direction and therefor can be better suited to being managers.ferguson and stein are prime exales of this

Asked and answered in the OP.

How else do you start to stop leaking goals,pray? You can drum tactics into players day and night just cause they know what they should do doesn't mean they can.

Hated this tactic when we went all the way to the uefa cup final spent nearly every trip moaning about it,but have learned from that season it works.

Cos Walter done it.

Correct,but it totally astounds me to this day,so you clear the ball,and where else is it going to go if you keep it in play,.....back to the opposition to play it straight back in again.So you are under attack again for no apparent reason,.......right ill start again.....so you clear the ball and where else......fck it i give up....

Somewhere along the way we got suckered into believing that not losing is more important than winning in style, as you say against Barca thats true but against Stirling Albion its horrific.

Someone that has my takings on the Smith and McCoist philosphy,not losing is more important than winning in style...BANG ON,BANG ON BANG ON,fck i thought i was the only one that thought that for YEARS...

Someone that has my takings on the Smith and McCoist philosphy,not losing is more important than winning in style...BANG ON,BANG ON BANG ON,fck i thought i was the only one that thought that for YEARS...

What some managers forget is football is an entertainment business,forget you egos and standing,im sure that most would love to see an entertaining game than the three points,unless in obscure circumstances,i pleaded [or wanted] us to sign Aluko at the time,Wiess is still my young sons fav. player,i would NEVER taint our best manager ever achievements,and he got it spot on,but in this predicament we are in ,there is simply oo excuse to let FLAIR players and football come to the fore...

I aint slagging Ally, but isnt their the theory that defenders make the best managers as they have the whole game in front of them, while strikers don't give a toss how the ball got in front of them to score, Ally scored so many he couldnt possibly have had time to follow the flow of play.

Walter was more adventurous than Ally, at least his teams counter-attacked efficiently.

His team had much better players. Fact 90% of us complianed about this tactuc and our midfield sitting way too deep under Walter leaving our one up top striker having to hold the ball up for an eternity.

We got lucky in Europe.

Its painfully obvious now more than ever, we act like we are in the sphell and give the opposition WAY too much respect in my view, sure we should acknowledge they are playing the games of their lives against us but our superior players should win 9 times out of 10 against them, and thats just not happening.

His team had much better players. Fact 90% of us complianed about this tactuc and our midfield sitting way too deep under Walter leaving our one up top striker having to hold the ball up for an eternity.

We got lucky in Europe.

His team needed better players as he wasn't managing in a part-time league.

I reiterate - a PART TIME league.

His team needed better players as he wasn't managing in a part-time league.

I reiterate - a PART TIME league.

Papa i am not disagreeing with you... Just pointing this not new for us regardless of who we are playing.

Papa i am not disagreeing with you... Just pointing this not new for us regardless of who we are playing.

I agree its not new mate.

In my opinion Sir Walter is a legend, was a great manager and a winner but he could be cautious. Pehaps this was necessary against some better teams in Europe.

I accept we are a poor team just now but I dont think this tactic against part timers is necessary especially at Ibrox