Di Canio to Sunderland?

Kopter

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Miliband has resigned from his role as non-executive vice-chairman in protest.

:lol: :lol:

No wonder it's a odd choice to go for him. Are they trying to say he's a better manager than what they had?

They must be skint and going for him because he's the cheapest option.

Labour MP David Miliband has resigned from the board of Sunderland FC because of new manager Paolo Di Canio's "past political statements".

Mr Di Canio has previously claimed to be "a fascist, not a racist".

The former UK foreign secretary was serving as the club's vice-chairman and as a non-executive director.

Mr Miliband wished the club "all success in the future. It is a great institution that does a huge amount for the North East".

Mr Di Canio was pictured in 2005 making a raised-arm salute to a group of supporters of Italian club Lazio, where he was playing.

He was given a one-match ban and fined £7,000 for the incident, and was also banned for a match following a similar incident earlier in 2005.

Mr Di Canio scored 48 goals in 118 appearances for West Ham after joining the London club for £1.7m from Sheffield Wednesday in 1999. He began his career at Lazio, and also played for Juventus, Napoli, AC Milan, Celtic and Charlton before later returning to Lazio.

Playing for Sheffield Wednesday in 1998, he pushed referee Paul Alcock to the ground after being sent off and was banned for 11 matches.

:lol:

Idiotic to give him a 2 1/2 year contract considering he's not proven at the top level, what if Sunderland bomb all their remaining fixtures spectacularly and get relegated comfortably? They'll pay a fortune getting rid of him.

Should have given him a contract till the end of the season and then reviewed it.

Should be a interesting Derby though for his first match (tu)

Di Cannio - Ama gonna snapa you afukin lega. :crab1:

Fergie - your nufin but a DFB fuking wap pasta shaggin pizza suckin pope shaggin tally prick. :hump:

Di Canio - I will shagga your dog before I go to mass. :drugang:

Fergie - ma dug died years ago, so bring it on ya sick rattler. :mutley:

Di Cannio - oh shitta. :moon:

Fergie - your nufin but a DFB fuking wap pasta shaggin pizza suckin pope shaggin tally prick. :hump:

The fuck..

Labour MP David Miliband has resigned from the board of Sunderland FC because of new manager Paolo Di Canio's "past political statements".

Mr Di Canio has previously claimed to be "a fascist, not a racist".

The former UK foreign secretary was serving as the club's vice-chairman and as a non-executive director.

Mr Miliband wished the club "all success in the future. It is a great institution that does a huge amount for the North East".

Mr Di Canio was pictured in 2005 making a raised-arm salute to a group of supporters of Italian club Lazio, where he was playing.

He was given a one-match ban and fined £7,000 for the incident, and was also banned for a match following a similar incident earlier in 2005.

Mr Di Canio scored 48 goals in 118 appearances for West Ham after joining the London club for £1.7m from Sheffield Wednesday in 1999. He began his career at Lazio, and also played for Juventus, Napoli, AC Milan, Celtic and Charlton before later returning to Lazio.

Playing for Sheffield Wednesday in 1998, he pushed referee Paul Alcock to the ground after being sent off and was banned for 11 matches.

:lol:

Funnily enough, I don't recall Milliband speaking out when James McClean made his 'political' statement by refusing to wear a shirt with a poppy on it.

Jensen%20Ackles%20uhh%20wtf.gif