leggo - SPL trying to get Rangers to pay for SPL enquiry

dummiesoot

I have been arguing this point on twitter with the great legal minds of the Celtic support.

The SPL case was raised against OldCo, therefore any resultant claim for costs would also call against OlcCo and they would be added to the BDO creditor list.

There is rumour this is a football debt & therefore payable under the 5-way agreement but it isn't, its a legal cost and therefore part of OldCo costs

This was going through my mind as well; think you hit the nail on the head with the "5-way agreement", SPL will clutch at any straw no matter how feeble a case they may think they have.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are still trying to push through as much as they can while we have no voting rights, but we are still in a far stronger position than we were.

How long is it before we are granted full Membership and voting rights? I don't remember any fixed date having been set by the SFA on this, so maybe they should in the spirit of "sporting integrity" grant Rangers full membership and voting rights. Funny how this has never occurred to them, the press, or the fat heads or BBC Radio's phone in.

How long is it before we are granted full Membership and voting rights? I don't remember any fixed date having been set by the SFA on this, so maybe they should in the spirit of "sporting integrity" grant Rangers full membership and voting rights. Funny how this has never occurred to them, the press, or the fat heads or BBC Radio's phone in.

I was thinking exactly that i wrote the post.

...I thought i had heard three years accounts to be granted a full membership...but to be honest i,m not sure..

article 6.6 of the Articles of Association

An associate member which has been an associate member for 5 complete successive years may apply at the expiry of that period to become a full member. All applications for full membership shall be considered and decided by the Board and the Board’s decision on the matter shall be final.

article 6.6 of the Articles of Association

An associate member which has been an associate member for 5 complete successive years may apply at the expiry of that period to become a full member. All applications for full membership shall be considered and decided by the Board and the Board’s decision on the matter shall be final.

..Just a thought..seeing as everyone and their dog agrees (,apart from the nappy rippers that is) that we are the same club as we have always been...why dont we have a full membership?..was the membership not transfered to the new holding company?..if not why not..does the club hold the membership or is it the company running the club....this rips my fukin knitting..

..Just a thought..seeing as everyone and their dog agrees (,apart from the nappy rippers that is) that we are the same club as we have always been...why dont we have a full membership?..was the membership not transfered to the new holding company?..if not why not..does the club hold the membership or is it the company running the club....this rips my fukin knitting..

Totally agree, has any other SPL club who went into administration and found a new owner been deprived of their membership? If not then it's another reason to challenge the 5-way agreement in court as having been forced to sign under duress. The tax money that was withheld by Whyte doesn't justify this as it has yet to be revealed as to where this money went along with other sums, hence a Police investigation into his take over of the club by the Police and an investigation by the liquidators of the old co into the whereabouts of these sums. On top of that there is still the case of Duff & Phelps suing for £25m to be returned to the old co. If the PAYE was used as a means of taking our membership it seems it was a case of jumping the gun as the club was sold to CG, before the old co went into liquidation and the old co may yet be proven to have been the victim of a crime. You don't punish victims, you punish the perpetrators of the crime. Only one entity was ever going to benefit from stripping Rangers of their memberhip, and that wasn't Scottish football.

As far as I am aware Rangers are full members of the SFA.

I think we are associate members of the SFL for a period of three years. but could be wrong

For those that criticise leggo, again cannot provide a link, apparently spl confirm cost recovery is being sought from Rangers.

Lifted this link from Gersnet ...

Exclusive: SPL confirm Nimmo Smith inquiry legal costs demand from Rangers/Sevco

The Scottish Premier League has confirmed that it is seeking legal costs claimed to exceed £500,000 for the costs of the Lord Nimmo Smith inquiry from the legal entity that is Rangers.

The commission was set up to investigate the use of employee benefit trusts, and ultimately decided that the entity did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the player payment arrangements, and that no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed.

The entity was found to have contravened disclosure rules, and a fine of £250,000 was imposed. The SPL is now seeking the legal costs of the inquiry from the legal entity that is Rangers.

The claims came to light in a blog posting widely circulated via social media channels.

The Scottish Premier League confirmed to The Firm that the blog’s payment claim was correct, although it did not verify whether the amount claimed was accurate.

“There has been a routine application for costs given that the case was successfully pursued by the SPL,” a spokesman for the SPL told The Firm this afternoon.

The SPL set up the commission to investigate financial, contractual and other arrangements between Rangers and its players between November 2000 and May 2011.

Harper Macleod, who represent the SPL would not confirm or deny the claims. In a statement issued via its PR and Communications Manager, Harper Macleod told The Firm: “We do not comment on legal issues relating to any of our clients.”

What's the betting that they are claiming 250K?

So hold on. The SPL took us to court, they hired Harper & McLeod to represent them, and now they want us to pay it all for them. Surely we can refuse to pay this?

We can, and will. Unless they chase the oldco for it, in which case, they'll get hee-haw as well. Football debts only, not legal debts, was the condition of our blackmailed licence.

One in the eye for those who doubt Leggo, a real scoop and a shocking development.

The story itself in not shocking and neither is the reluctance of the mystic meg brigade to apologise for jumping the gun and maybe even give the man a little credit for a great scoop.