A Change is Gonna Come

Gaz92

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where CG will start to earn his money. Action needs taken to get the most important part of the club into shape. The football dept needs a major overhaul and we need to give him time to do that but CG will be aware that we are watching what transpires.

For years we have yearned for an owner who runs the club as a business rather than a plaything.

Now we've got one, we are now seeing folk greeting about cutbacks.

We don't know what happened with Murray that caused him to leave.

We do know what happened with Sandaza. Is Green to be condemned for taking the opportunity, gifted to us by our hooped friends, to get rid of a big earner who is frankly useless.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Green is working to a plan. I will however, assume that plan to be to Rangers benefit until I see evidence otherwise.

Thus far, Green has done a sterling job in my opinion.

Gaz I enjoy your posts, but doesn't this come across as a little bit of scaremongering?

• If we have to get rid of some dead wood in the short term then thats what we have to do - we should never be afraid of making short term staff changes due to " image reasons" if it is for the good of the club in the long run - all businesses have a churn rate
  • imo Green hasn't morphed from being a defender of Rangers to a hard nosed businessmen - he was always the latter and it was simply his business to defend Rangers.
  • If the pattern that is emerging is Rangers getting their house in order then I am all for it

I think we still have a long journey in front of us with CG - but I get the impression he is man that likes a fight and the circumstances we find ourselves in have piqued his interest greatly - and to echo Gogzy, so far I dont think he has done a whole lot wrong.

Happy with how things are progressing.

Scouting in my opinion is fucking rotten so regardless of what happened with Murray I'm delighted he's away.

Yeates and Wilson, meh, change is required from top to bottom anyway so out with the old, in with the new.

Sandaza is the incident that should make people sit up and take notice of the way Rangers do their business now.

We could have thrown a protective arm around him after being pranked by an obsessed imbecile, given him a warning about discussing his contract with anyone and moved on.

Instead we have looked at it as an investment that hasn't went to plan and wasted no time in utilising the inch Sandaza has given us and turned it into a mile, thus freeing up his wages for whatever we see fit to spend them on.

The Rangers of old were sucked dry by players/staff on excessive, unjustified wages, the wind of change is already upon us by the looks of things.

Charles Green will do for me (tu)

Good article Gaz.

I don't have a problem with anything Charles Green has done in the past few weeks. We have all been clamoring for change since the turn of the year and more needs to be done. I'm happy to give Ally the benefit of the doubt this season, but I have been far from happy with the performance of the team. Like the rest of the country we need to live within our means. We need to get the most out of every pound spent. Keep Ally but lets shake up the rest of the coaching staff, we need to make the most of what we have got and only bring in players that really will improve the squad.

One thing I would have liked a bit more of was some better runs in the cups. This weekend is the Ramsden cup final I believe and although it's not highly regarded, why the fuck could we not manage to be in even that one.

I think CG is undergoing something of a re-birth himself by being involved in Rangers and he's had to travel a fast learning curve. I'd say he's not done anything negative so far IMO.

Why cant Charles Green be both the hard nosed businessman and defender of Rangers? It seems that one naturaly compliments the other right now and as has been mentioned before these are all board decisions that have been made, Charles may be the figurehead of the board but hes not the be all and end all in the way shyte was. If these changes result in a more streamlined, efficent way of managing Rangers then it will be a masterclass in how to revamp a club top to bottom.

Gaz I enjoy your posts, but doesn't this come across as a little bit of scaremongering?

• If we have to get rid of some dead wood in the short term then thats what we have to do - we should never be afraid of making short term staff changes due to " image reasons" if it is for the good of the club in the long run - all businesses have a churn rate
  • imo Green hasn't morphed from being a defender of Rangers to a hard nosed businessmen - he was always the latter and it was simply his business to defend Rangers.
  • If the pattern that is emerging is Rangers getting their house in order then I am all for it

I think we still have a long journey in front of us with CG - but I get the impression he is man that likes a fight and the circumstances we find ourselves in have piqued his interest greatly - and to echo Gogzy, so far I dont think he has done a whole lot wrong.

I'm afraid I'm not interested in scare-mongering, why would I be?

At the present moment, something isn't quite sitting right for me. Things seem to be evolving, Green has moved back into the background, Traynor has been quiet and there have been lay-off's recently. Sandaza also doesn't particularly sit that right for me, are we simply accepting that because he was a bit shit he should be let go of because the opportunity has presented itself?

As for Green, I don't particularly think we do have a long future ahead of us with him - I'm not convinced he's in this for the long term at all.

I'll give a longer reply tomorrow but I'm away out for the night. We can't agree on everything though!

No they dont, your just a guy with a keyboard why are your ill constructed musings so special they require comment?

I believe "keyboard gangster" is the term you're looking for!

Why do bloggers/doggers never post their blogs? Always a link to them , are they better than the normal poster?

Pisses me off.

Rant over!

Cheers for your contribution, does it make any difference apart from one click?

I'm afraid I'm not interested in scare-mongering, why would I be?

At the present moment, something isn't quite sitting right for me. Things seem to be evolving, Green has moved back into the background, Traynor has been quiet and there have been lay-off's recently. Sandaza also doesn't particularly sit that right for me, are we simply accepting that because he was a bit shit he should be let go of because the opportunity has presented itself?

As for Green, I don't particularly think we do have a long future ahead of us with him - I'm not convinced he's in this for the long term at all.

I'll give a longer reply tomorrow but I'm away out for the night. We can't agree on everything though!

a blogger with a social life. What next?

Green is accountable to the consortium who approached him to take the day to day running of the club. He's also accountable to to the shareholders.

If yae don't like how its going its possible to have him removed.

He comes out wae some mad shite but he hasn't done a whole lot wrong as it stands imo

Why cant Charles Green be both the hard nosed businessman and defender of Rangers? It seems that one naturaly compliments the other right now and as has been mentioned before these are all board decisions that have been made, Charles may be the figurehead of the board but hes not the be all and end all in the way shyte was. If these changes result in a more streamlined, efficent way of managing Rangers then it will be a masterclass in how to revamp a club top to bottom.

Agree with most of that.

I enjoyed the different perspective of another bear in the blog. I don't agree with bits, but I can totally see the rationale. We ended up with club issues because of wankers trying to Fuck us over, and then it went on an on worse than those old ariston adverts. I also get that, "wonder what's gonna happen next ffs" moments. But we know that those moments happen when something gets to you, under your skin. You just know something else is gonna crap on your day and you try and look to see what it is. that's not a good route if its not based on real lines of connection cos none of us know what's next. Fuck, that sounds like a helpline!

But you know what I mean.

Mr Green has been good so far. Things go wrong every day in life, and they always will. But, for me, at present. I want a clean ship and more efficient club. I don't know what was wrong and why everyone was sacked or left. But I'm not hearing many REAL news reports of valid claims against the club. So its better than it used to be ;)

Keep at it Mr Green I say. Until it proves to be an issue, then I'd expect him to want to leave in reality.

WATP