The Whyte Tapes

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no sympathy for Whyte. Deserves far worse in life. However I do have issue with Green now.

When Green came in he told us all that we would get the unvarnished truth. He recognised we'd been lied to and had little trust to give.

He promised the truth but these tapes prove he wasn't being wholly truthful.

I have no issue with what he did but if he's caught in a lie, I'll have no faith in him going forward.

I have no sympathy for Whyte. Deserves far worse in life. However I do have issue with Green now.

When Green came in he told us all that we would get the unvarnished truth. He recognised we'd been lied to and had little trust to give.

I have no issue with what he did but if he's caught in a lie, I'll have no faith in him going forward.

He promised us the truth. He didn't promise Whyte the same.

ok so based on hearing the two tapes thus far, my take would be that Green et al have led Whyte to believe that they would be the public face of the company, but that Whyte would be the man behind the scenes.

They either purposely led him on, or they decided to change there minds (it was a very fluid situation at the time), or there were further discussions where Whyte was booted out of the frame that we are simply not privy to, as not too many people go around recording all their conversations as Whyte appears to do .

Either way - there appears to be nothing on paper giving Whyte anything (as CG has stated today) and Whyte is relying on these tapes to show some type of verbal agreement was reached and he is thereby entitled to a piece of the pie.

Thats my take - happy to be corrected.

From the Herald via the Sun lol.....

Green earlier told the Scottish Sun: "Whyte is trying to tout that he was behind the whole deal. He says he has tape recordings of Imran and me saying that he is Sevco 5088. Which is all true.

"We were warned before we met him that he would be taping things.

"What we had to do at the start was get the confidence of this guy for him to give us the shares, to give us the debentures, to do a whole raft of things. I'm not worried about what I've said on tape."

Green added: "We told him what he wanted to hear. Imran told him because we needed to keep him sweet to prise the club away from him."

What we are forgetting is that Greens involvement with Whyte has been known for some time. Green made it clear he was dealing with Whyte in order to get his shares.

I dont really care what he promised him in order to get them, because the CVA failed and he did not need the shares.

ok so based on hearing the two tapes thus far, my take would be that Green et al have led Whyte to believe that they would be the public face of the company, but that Whyte would be the man behind the scenes.

They either purposely led him on, or they decided to change there minds (it was a very fluid situation at the time), or there were further discussions where Whyte was booted out of the frame that we are simply not privy to, as not too many people go around recording all their conversations as Whyte appears to do .

Either way - there appears to be nothing on paper giving Whyte anything (as CG has stated today) and Whyte is relying on these tapes to show some type of verbal agreement was reached and he is thereby entitled to a piece of the pie.

Thats my take - happy to be corrected.

It's all one year old, irrelevant CVAs about the old company now in liquidation because of Whyte because his shares mattered at that point, "subject to a successful CVA" as the phrase, which I also think is on the tape, goes.

When HMRC said no to CVA, Whyte and his shares were irrelevant.

He's clutching at straws.

The Sun are clutching at straws but surely know it and the sales are all that matter to them.

The scum are clutching at straws and probably don't know it.

It's all one year old, irrelevant CVAs about the old company now in liquidation because of Whyte because his shares mattered at that point, "subject to a successful CVA" as the phrase, which I also think is on the tape, goes.

When HMRC said no to CVA, Whyte and his shares were irrelevant.

He's clutching at straws.

The Sun are clutching at straws but surely know it and the sales are all that matter to them.

The scum are clutching at straws and probably don't know it.

Reading other no Rangers forums the scum are loving this. They think all their predictions are coming to light - which they are not

They are delusional

I really feel for Craig Whyte. Such a nice guy being duped like that. He would have so willingly handed over his shares before it was all too late if Charles had asked nicely. Fuck off. Anyone who gives any sort of credence to this shite or criticises Green seriously needs to look at what would have happened if he didn't sweet talk his way in.

It won't be the first and it certainly won't be the last time that someone's done similar in the world of football and business in general.

Couldn't have worded it any better , after Whtye nobody could be trusted Charles had a hard job even getting the fans on his side with what was happening.

If he conned Whyte well done cause that basted did everybody when he took over.

Reading other no Rangers forums the scum are loving this. They think all their predictions are coming to light - which they are not

They are delusional

Everything is rather predictable when it comes to "explosive new allegations" against Rangers.

Some lunatic tries to start a non-story. Tims get all excited on the net. Media catch wind and run with said nonsense.

Everybody agrees Rangers have done something wrong. Fact prove nothing of the sort. Nobody bothers about facts.

Meanwhile the SFA, SPL and now even, FFS, The Advertising Standards Agency have to be seen to be responding.

End result. Rangers did no wrong but get transfer embargoes, fines, unprecedented investigations, unprecedented threats of title-stripping, more unfair accusations even based on random twitter comments and the game continues to go down the swanny.

No worries. If we get Rangers it doesn't matter what sort of a sport or society we get.

Everything is rather predictable when it comes to "explosive new allegations" against Rangers.

Some lunatic tries to start a non-story. Tims get all excited on the net. Media catch wind and run with said nonsense.

Everybody agrees Rangers have done something wrong. Fact prove nothing of the sort. Nobody bothers about facts.

Meanwhile the SFA, SPL and now even, FFS, The Advertising Standards Agency have to be seen to be responding.

End result. Rangers did no wrong but get transfer embargoes, fines, unprecedented investigations, unprecedented threats of title-stripping, more unfair accusations even based on random twitter comments and the game continues to go down the swanny.

No worries. If we get Rangers it doesn't matter what sort of a sport or society we get.

As far as they are concerned everything they say becomes fact

Can't give this story credance, Whyte - oldco, Green - newco, the only connection is the club, which I think is an asset, Charles Green's company bought the assets outright from the liquidators. End of story.

Key point here.

This is from the time when we were going for a CVA as made clear in the tape.

At that point, Whyte's shares were of value. His debt (to HMRC), and his alone, meant we couldn't get that CVA.

Once HMRC said no to CVA, Whyte was irrelevant.

This is really weak stuff for something supposedly explosive. I wonder how wrong the Idicracy can spin it, however.

But you have to remember that its being played out for people with the attention span of a spangle and the financial acumen of a Big Issue seller. Facts, reality and normal business practice are not what counts, its the taig written banner headlines.

Whyte owned Rangers, Greens consortium wanted to buy, how can he do that? Then he needs to speak to Whyte to get his shares.

If Green didn't tell Whyte what he wanted to here he wouldn't have got his shares.

But as usual in this wee republican shitehole every one will make a big deal out of it.

Everything the media and beasts say is always wrong in the end.

Will they ever learn?

Can't give this story credance, Whyte - oldco, Green - newco, the only connection is the club, which I think is an asset, Charles Green's company bought the assets outright from the administrators. End of story.

fixed it for you.

I cant deny this has me a little worried, i await the thoughts and opinions of the members far more clued about these things than myself, but i have to admit im worried.

Its all very well sayin green lied to whyte to get x, y or z, bt the fact is he'd lied to us aswell. Over and over. All the "approached and reapproached by investors" etc, all lies. That worries me.

I cant deny this has me a little worried, i await the thoughts and opinions of the members far more clued about these things than myself, but i have to admit im worried.

Its all very well sayin green lied to whyte to get x, y or z, bt the fact is he'd lied to us aswell. Over and over. All the "approached and reapproached by investors" etc, all lies. That worries me.

Your worried by what exactly?

Here we are again, Scottish mhedia holding back tapes etc for future use, in order to sell more papers, nothing else.

You can bet your arse, the SFA, in their due diligence into Charles Green and Associates, turned up every stone to ensure his credibility.

I have no fears here, nor should any bear, this is the sorry state of the present day Scotland, run by Irish terrorists.

Why ask that honestly? You fucking know why cut the bullshit.

Why ask? I was under the assumption that having the ability to write the poster would also have the ability to read. The site is full of very well constructed posts containing lots of factual information detailing the "plot" errors in the latest so called scandal.

But those in the anti Green camp do tend to gravitate to the RADA style posts.

Your worried by what exactly?

Why am i worried? Oh i dunno, i seem to able to make up these situations in my head where the guy ive did my best to put trust in because hes running my football club turns out to be potentially a liar.

Im by no means suprised that a guy like charles green tells porkies, its the porkies hes been tellin thats the problem. He must have knew this would come eventually.