Club Statement - official

Faircity

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very quick responses to issues like this and any others.

To be pedantic, I would say that dealing with storms is different to general PR.

the club let this this blow way out of proportion just like every other matter involving Rangers and I for one am getting sick of it

the club let this this blow way out of proportion just like every other matter involving Rangers and I for one am getting sick of it

You do know that the club don't actually have official control of the media and of google-eyed fantasists making accusations?

I don't really agree with that tbh. Perhaps Murray (scout) ought to have been forced out but the manner in which it was done was calamitous. We then have the Malcolm Murray debacle which still leaves far more questions than were never answered. The Sandaza affair too was dealt with rather shambolically.

We have seen an IPO delivered that exceeded anyone's expectations and that of course is credit to Green et al and have good sponsors going forward. Yet we have little in the way of structured planning on a footballing business model, we seem to be reverting to type of the boom and bust years which crippled us of the manager stating 'show me the money' and a CEO doing so merely on a whim. Unless we stick to the 33% turnover model which contradicts Green's comments on having £10m to splash out and our manager shopping in the Championship which is the 5th largest cash rich league in the world.

I'm loathed to allow a cancerous scum bag like Whyte to unsettle me but truth is I'll always be sceptical of Green and co and their emergence from nowhere and what role D&P played in it all.

I suppose after Whyte I would be with anyone other than bona-fide Rangers man/men at the helm.

No I agree that we haven't managed to put a plan in place yet for a sustainable and effective future and that is the most important thing now! I think Sandaza was very unprofessional and did breach the rules but it suited us to get rid as I think we went about our signings in the wrong way last summer....the release of yeates, Murray, stadium manager etc to me was the start of green trimming the financial fat of overpaid mediocracy while he has made it clear he wants to get the right men into support ally! The Malcolm Murray thing was ultimately blown out of proportion by the media (shock) as disagreements and personal clashes happen everyday in business!

The important thing for me is for green and ally to sit down and sort a long term plan (I still feel this should have been done this season) for youth development, scouting, player recruitment, style if play etc and as I say if whyte has something to say, let him do it via a court....we should pay no more attention to any unsubstantiated claims in the rags!

I firmly believe we are better off with a businessman interested in making us a profitable business than alleged rangers men who may pander to the fans! Green has made and will make some unpopular decisions but in the grand. Scheme of things they will be for the financial benefit of him and the long term benefit of us!

You do know that the club don't actually have official control of the media and of google-eyed fantasists making accusations?

of course but that dont mean you take 18 hours to respond to the prick and its certainly not proactive or quick

of course but that dont mean you take 18 hours to respond to the prick and its certainly not proactive or quick

Green was in Europe when the story was published and today was the first chance he and ally had to meet before releasing a joint statement! At the end if the day the are responding to the unsubstantiated claims of a fantasist who could have take us to court at any time if he was telling the truth....the club have responded for the fans benefit and done so in the right manner!

This isn't the first response.

Charles Green Statement

photo-thumb-57631.jpg?_r=0

Posted
on Yesterday, 05:40 PM

CHARLES GREEN, Chief Executive of Rangers Football Club, said: “Once again Craig Whyte has made serious allegations against the people who have committed themselves to rebuilding a Scottish institution which, almost single-handedly, he dragged towards the brink of oblivion

Charles Green Statement

photo-thumb-57631.jpg?_r=0

Posted
on Yesterday, 05:40 PM

CHARLES GREEN, Chief Executive of Rangers Football Club, said: “Once again Craig Whyte has made serious allegations against the people who have committed themselves to rebuilding a Scottish institution which, almost single-handedly, he dragged towards the brink of oblivion

Yes, THAT was the first club statement, and that was after the CG comments in the press rubbishing the story and his interview on SSN.

I'm not quite sure what more you want from them on this.

No I agree that we haven't managed to put a plan in place yet for a sustainable and effective future and that is the most important thing now! I think Sandaza was very unprofessional and did breach the rules but it suited us to get rid as I think we went about our signings in the wrong way last summer....the release of yeates, Murray, stadium manager etc to me was the start of green trimming the financial fat of overpaid mediocracy while he has made it clear he wants to get the right men into support ally! The Malcolm Murray thing was ultimately blown out of proportion by the media (shock) as disagreements and personal clashes happen everyday in business!

The important thing for me is for green and ally to sit down and sort a long term plan (I still feel this should have been done this season) for youth development, scouting, player recruitment, style if play etc and as I say if whyte has something to say, let him do it via a court....we should pay no more attention to any unsubstantiated claims in the rags!

I firmly believe we are better off with a businessman interested in making us a profitable business than alleged rangers men who may pander to the fans! Green has made and will make some unpopular decisions but in the grand. Scheme of things they will be for the financial benefit of him and the long term benefit of us!

C'mon now, nobody does that more than Green. The google-eyed comment is a prime example.

Don't necessarily think that Green makes money inline with our success.

I'm all for giving him scope but will always be untrustworthy and question everything.

Yes, THAT was the first club statement, and that was after the CG comments in the press rubbishing the story and his interview on SSN.

I'm not quite sure what more you want from them on this.

I'm actually confused as to why he quoted something from yesterday which was the first response...and not 18 hours after it either.

Green was in Europe when the story was published and today was the first chance he and ally had to meet before releasing a joint statement! At the end if the day the are responding to the unsubstantiated claims of a fantasist who could have take us to court at any time if he was telling the truth....the club have responded for the fans benefit and done so in the right manner!

totally agree they could have only released a joint statment today but this place went into meltdown yesterday just think we were far to slow to respond

totally agree they could have only released a joint statment today but this place went into meltdown yesterday just think we were far to slow to respond

No the majority of posters were very much balanced and sensible in their views on these unsubstantiated and agenda driven stories....a chosen few went into meltdown for various reasons weather that be through their own agendas or a lack of backbone, clarity and foresight! The club can't respond immediately to every malicious claim.....had the story been whyte has started legal action then fair enough but it was complete sensationalised nonsense that green rubbished in the original interview! What more do you want?

Great Statement .

And to the Point Clear and concise.

Why don't the Papers not Understand Plain English?

I wish we would just Ban the Daily Rebel, Sun, Scotsman and others who are spreading Malicious ,and Dangerous Lies about our Club and CEO.

BBC ,Radio Clyde, Cosgrove ,Delahunt ,English ,Speirs ,Walker,Liewell and Cronies wont like this .

They really should give up on this .

A fact is a fact, the truth is the truth, a lie is a lie.... so why does the mhedia believe the lies and sidestep facts and truth.

CG should ban all the Mhedia from Ibrox until such time that they stop their continual attacks on the Club.