Green : I'd sack Lionel Messi if he made same comments as Sandaza

The mechanism would be the same though. Gross misconduct is gross misconduct. Does not matter legally if its for being on powder, punching another employee or talking to other clubs behind your clubs back.

If Gross Misconduct has been performed, it is judged the person can no longer be employed, therefor can become liable for damages. You can't be found to have committed gross misconduct, then allowed to continue employment.

Green cant really come out and state publicly that he only found Sandaza guilty of gross misconduct because he was a bit crap, but if he had been good, then he would have cooked it so that he was only found guilty of a lesser offence, getting a warning. Is hardly going to put him in a good position should it go to appeal.

He could only be sued because he put himself in a position whereby he was unable to fulfil the terms of his contract and rendered himself worthless with regards to sell on fee, for two years while banned.

Sandaza could not have been sued as he could be sold by the club had they wished, Chelsea were unable to do that. Not the same for me at all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already made it clear my feelings regarding Green's media appearances this week, and I was annoyed to see yet again another interview with him.

However, what he says in this case is absolutely spot on. Right now we need players here for the badge, for the journey and for the experience - not for the money.

However, what he says in this case is absolutely spot on. Right now we need players here for the badge, for the journey and for the experience - not for the money.

Pure fantasy. I'd love the oppertunity to play for rangers. but I'm not what Rangers need up front. It's good footballers.good footballers who demand good money to play for your club. While we'd all love to think that players play for the cause facts are if we didn't pay them they wouldn't be there.

Pure fantasy. I'd love the oppertunity to play for rangers. but I'm not what Rangers need up front. It's good footballers.good footballers who demand good money to play for your club. While we'd all love to think that players play for the cause facts are if we didn't pay them they wouldn't be there.

I agree with that to an extent. I don't entirely see how it's fantasy? We don't need a Mols or a Gascoigne to come in and light up the park and take home a bumper pay packet at the end of the week and look forward to the trip to Milan the following week in the Champions League. What is required is a will to play for the jersey on a Wednesday night away to Alloa in front of 3 or 4,000 people. Someone who will sacrifice all to go that extra yard, to push that wee bit further to ensure Rangers pick up 3 points and without doubt get promoted at the end of the season. There are many players out there at the moment who would jump at the chance to play for us right now and not just for the pay rise they will receive (don't get me wrong they will get a higher wage than they previously do), but because they can go on and make a name for themselves and forever be remembered for the role they played.

I never once seen Sandaza bursting a gut for the club or even for himself.

When we return to Europe and the top flight then our circumstances change dramatically where we will need skill and talent as well as hard graft - as we have done for many, many years. At the moment though, we do not need to be forking out wages to greedy players. Kevin Kyle was on around £2.4k a week and he put in more effort than to his minutes on the pitch than Sandaza ever did.

I'd love the opportunity to play for Rangers, and I honestly think I'd put in a better shift week in week out than Sandaza ever did, or was ever interested in doing. I'd be there for nothing and even if I wasn't a Rangers supporter, I wouldn't be demanding £5/6k to play for a club like Rangers. You have players who take advantage of the clubs finances they play for, for their own benefit, and those who really couldn't give a fuck about their wage packet and are more than happy to play for a club.

Even if it was Real Madrid, I wouldn't demand £250k to play for them. Fuck sake, I'd pay Real Madrid money to pay for them :lol:

The mechanism would be the same though. Gross misconduct is gross misconduct. Does not matter legally if its for being on powder, punching another employee or talking to other clubs behind your clubs back.

If Gross Misconduct has been performed, it is judged the person can no longer be employed, therefor can become liable for damages. You can't be found to have committed gross misconduct, then allowed to continue employment.

Green cant really come out and state publicly that he only found Sandaza guilty of gross misconduct because he was a bit crap, but if he had been good, then he would have cooked it so that he was only found guilty of a lesser offence, getting a warning. Is hardly going to put him in a good position should it go to appeal.

Gross misconduct only enables the injured party the option of terminating the contract. The choice was ours, not mandatory

don't see the big deal here, Fran was playing shit we were paying him for nothing and we now know he had no respect for the club or the fans who were paying him thousands for fuck all every week, good luck to him in his future career but to be brutally honest what happened was a god send.

I hope he's lying and not actually that stupid.

Of course he is. It's obvious to anybody with even half a brain he took advantage to get rid of a dubious signing who wasn't interested and certainly wasn't performing.

I still think we haven't heard the last of this.

I agree with what he said. He doesn't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here for Rangers.

Fran is a stupid cunt.

Agreed. But had Fran been smashing the goals in, he would have had a sale value, and there is no way we would have sacked him. However, he was pish, and i'm glad Rangers took the opportunity to bin him. Harsh i know, but we don't have time to fuck about.

Absolute bollocks!! Charlie must be drinking a lot these days.

I agree, it would have been much better for him to come out and be honest and state that if Sandaza had been a success on the park then the decision would have been different and he would not have been found to have performed gross misconduct.

This would of course not had any negative impact in a tribunal and the £1m quid or so that Sandaza might have won on the back of the truth would have been inconsequential.

Green has come out with some real clangers lately, but this is not one of them.

Bill Struth told George Young that no man was bigger than the club when Young was making what Struth considered to be rash demands.

Green is basically sending the same message in his typical Yorkshire style.

Now Green is no Struth and Sandanza certainly not a Rangers great, probably not in the top 5,000!!!

But the message is clear 'you don't want to play for Rangers -- there's the door'.

I hope that claim is never tested obviously not with Messi but with a better player than Sandaza, i do think Charles had been great for us and has done far more right than wrong but his constant blunt comments are becoming tiresome and i hope he does his talking in his hard work for Rangers rather than 'Charlies World' Exclusives in the press.

With these comments on the record, he has all but guaranteed a successful claim by Sandaza in any tribunal. Sandaza's lawyers will argue that wanting to make more money, or not being particularly happy at being at the club, are not valid reasons for terminating his contract. He should learn to shut up, and just not talk in future. Let Ally do the talking as he's media savvy. "It wasn't, to my mind, the issue he's told someone he was on £4,000 a week. My salary is on the internet. It's not about telling someone 'I'm on a salary'.

"It's the comments he made that said he would happily leave this club, he didn't want to be here and he came for the money. We want people here who want to play because it's Rangers."

With these comments on the record, he has all but guaranteed a successful claim by Sandaza in any tribunal. Sandaza's lawyers will argue that wanting to make more money, or not being particularly happy at being at the club, are not valid reasons for terminating his contract. He should learn to shut up, and just not talk in future. Let Ally do the talking as he's media savvy. "It wasn't, to my mind, the issue he's told someone he was on £4,000 a week. My salary is on the internet. It's not about telling someone 'I'm on a salary'.

"It's the comments he made that said he would happily leave this club, he didn't want to be here and he came for the money. We want people here who want to play because it's Rangers."

I don't think you are correct here mate. Nothing that he has stated will sway a tribunal in Sandaza's favour. I do think Sandaza has a good case, but Green's statement here is not damaging.

It would certainly be a shit load worse if he was to state he would treat other players differently based on their form, ability or value.