Young player nominations

Jack Wilshire (Arsenal)

Christian Benteke (Aston Villa)

Eden Hazard (Chelsea)

Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

Roman Lakaku (WBA)

Danny Welbeck (Man Utd)

casey will not like this :cgreen:

Surprised Hazard is in there. I rate him highly but I think it's been a nothing more than a decent season. Does Carrick do enough to be in there? I think Carrick's a very good player at what he does but as mentioned above; Michu and Cazorla have had great seasons. I think Michu missing out is a travesty, tbh.

I'd pick Suarez for Player of the Year with RVP and Mata vying for 2nd/3rd.

Bale is 24 and should not be in the YPOTY category. Welbeck hasn't been good enough, IMO. Wilshire? He's extremely talented but he's missed a fair amount of football this season. Surprised Steven Caulker isn't in there. Benteke should probably win that, but I expect Bale will.

Agree with all of this bar Carrick, who IMO has been United's best player this season. He's been consistently great in performances whilst RVP has went missing. He scores goals though, so that changes everything.

Hazard, Willshere and Welbeck should not be near these awards, it's shocking that Rafael has been overlooked and even more so Michu and to a lesser extent Ben Davies.

Mata should win it, but RVP will take it.

I've always thought Carrick was one of England's best technical midfielders. He did have a couple of inconsistent seasons before this, though.

Agreed on Davies and Rafael.

Zabaleta and Begovic should have been included.

Nastasic and Rafael should have been in the Young Player list.

Football Idol.

Agree with Zabaleta. I'd have Begovic ahead of Hazard but I'd have Michu & Cazorla ahead of him.

YPOTY is a joke. Should be a cut off age of 21/22.

Agree with Zabaleta. I'd have Begovic ahead of Hazard but I'd have Michu & Cazorla ahead of him.

YPOTY is a joke. Should be a cut off age of 21/22.

I agree with both, however my main point was that there should be more to it than just midfielders and forwards.

I wouldn't have had Hazard anywhere near the main award. Flatters to deceive far too often, although he is highly skilled.

I agree with both, however my main point was that there should be more to it than just midfielders and forwards.

I wouldn't have had Hazard anywhere near the main award. Flatters to deceive far too often, although he is highly skilled.

I agree about Hazard. The first months of the season he was fantastic but since then he's been very hit and miss.

Carrick has had a good season at best.

He's one of those midfielders that only scores one or two a year, and only gets three or four assists a year, but gets blindly praised by all the pundits.

He's not good enough defensively to be able to cover those stats like the likes of Makelele were.