New CEO Position on England

Leigh94

It'll be interesting to see if the new CEO, whoever it is, pursues the move to England or cross border league in the same way that CG did?

Personally I would like to see Rangers back at the top of Scottish football where we should be and competing for titles again. Under Craig Mather though, who had links with Green, I would exect him to carry on pursuing a move, but if it is someone else who knows.

It doesn't matter who's pushing it. English football don't want us it's that simple. For all of Green's efforts did he make any headway? The Door's closed.

^^ What a defeatist attitude.

Green's sheer bullishness is why he and his group beat others to strike a deal to aquire Rangers' assets, and why he achieved some very significant things in his tenure as CEO.

At the Evening with Walter a few weeks ago he was speaking about how there needs to be a mechanism where big clubs can have greater access to more funds in smaller leagues. I'd prefer to push for that route rather than move permanently to be honest. Just my opinion though.

It doesn't matter who's pushing it. English football don't want us it's that simple. For all of Green's efforts did he make any headway? The Door's closed.

There will NEVER be a point where they will come and ask us to join. Nor will there be a point where we can just up and apply.

Entry will only ever be gained by a long campaign of persuasion, pressure and possibly even legal action, but we have to start somewhere. I don't recall Green ever saying we'd be there next season, or even the one after. He was looking at the long game. It also did no harm to keep the thought firmly in the heads of the SFA/SPL that it just might happen, no matter how slim a chance.

This is all pie in the sky.The club is in turmoil,just when i thought things were getting better,Whyte turns up.Green resigns.The board is split.Supporters cant agree.To be honest the EPL is a dream lets get back on top in Scotland and then think about joining other leagues.

It won't happen unless someone from within the club makes it their personal mission to do so. Perhaps disguised as an entire new structure to cross border leagues right across Europe. We won't get anywhere without definitive action. Green was absolutely correct in saying it was responsibly to push it as it increases potential revenue for the business; as well as being what many customers want.