Vanguard Bears - Statement / Article

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"They are a Rangers supporters group who are dedicated to preserving the protestant religion" Then go and preserve it without using our a club as a platform to support your agenda. We really need to separate religion from football. Especially given around 50% of the British population are either Atheists or Agnostics. And thats not even factoring in those who claim to be of a certain religion yet don't even practice their faith. The VB's need to realise this is a tradition they cannot "preserve" and its not even one our club has any interest in preserving... Move on!
You Move On! Who do you speak for? Like any of us on here actually give a dam what you think, you lot think your so special, no one is above you!

Does this mean you feel your opinion and only your opinion is correct when it comes to our team. That you feel the Al Qaeda is a fair comparison to the followers of our team. IMO you have lost the plot. We have a large following of Protestants, even, dare i say orange without upsetting you and have had for generations. i feel they should have as much say as to how the team are followed without being compared to terrorist organisation IMO

:lol: it would help if you could read properly before commenting - no where did I compare being Protestant with being terrorist - however so we are clear I did say religion and politics have got fuck all to do with football!

I consider myself to be a bigot. I was brought up to dislike catholics by my family, my friends, my peers, and by my own personal experience and opinion. I feel well able to justify it both to myself and others as neccessary

One of the loves of my life (there are many), is football. I love fooball, I love playing it, watching it. discussing it, debating it, I am passionate about it.

Now it would be great if I could keep my bigotry against catholics and my love for football seperate, but i cant because the team I support is The Rangers of Glasgow and part of our tradition is support of the protestant faith, and the almost automatic dislike of the traditional "enemy" cellic, and all things catholic. (Anyone who says this is not the case is kidding themselves).

One thing I would love , is if my football team was freed from those historical shackles. I am not understating the role of cellic football club and supporters in this, or trying to deny the past, but I would feel comfortable keeping my religion seperate from football. Perhaps in the future it may become less important, who knows.

Unfortuately I also believe there are those on both sides who would never be willing to do this. It is a shame the football team I support has to carry that burden.

You Move On! Who do you speak for? Like any of us on here actually give a dam what you think, you lot think your so special, no one is above you!

I like what Blue Athiest had to say - he talks more sense than the pish you spout ! just my opinion of course!

It's nothing to do with what I think.... It's what our club thinks. And that is more important than what the VB's think is best for Rangers..

I consider myself to be a bigot. I was brought up to dislike catholics by my family, my friends, my peers, and by my own personal experience and opinion. I feel well able to justify it both to myself and others as neccessary

One of the loves of my life (there are many), is football. I love fooball, I love playing it, watching it. discussing it, debating it, I am passionate about it.

Now it would be great if I could keep my bigotry against catholics and my love for football seperate, but i cant because the team I support is The Rangers of Glasgow and part of our tradition is support of the protestant faith, and the almost automatic dislike of the traditional "enemy" cellic, and all things catholic. (Anyone who says this is not the case is kidding themselves).

One thing I would love , is if my football team was freed from those historical shackles. I am not understating the role of cellic football club and supporters in this, or trying to deny the past, but I would feel comfortable keeping my religion seperate from football. Perhaps in the future it may become less important, who knows.

Unfortuately I also believe there are those on both sides who would never be willing to do this. It is a shame the fotball team I support has to carry that burden.

sensible post - but of course you could take the first step and separate the two for yourself ?

I like what Blue Athiest had to say - he talks more sense than the pish you spout ! just my opinion of course!
One female has already called you out tonight, don't start your pish with me, you will not even answer a simple question on here asked by another poster, gave him your chat up line! Now f/off :ukflag:

sensible post - but of course you could take the first step and separate the two for yourself ?

Of course, and I try, even in the above post, but it is part of my heritage, and in some ways too convenient.

But if you want a simple intention then yes, I would be happy in the future to seperate Rangers in general from those parts of my heritage which are not football.

One female has already called you out tonight, don't start you pish with me, you will not even answer a simple question on here asked by another poster, gave him your chat up line! Now f/of f :ukflag:

what? what female called me out - what did I miss - I don't look at the sex of the poster just what they say - and respond of I feel like doing do - actually I have no idea what the fk you are talking about?

Of course, and I try, even in the above post, but it is part of my heritage, and in some ways too convenient.

But if you want a simple intention then yes, I would be happy in the future to seperate Rangers in general from those parts of my heritage which are not football.

I do understand - I did that as well but also my views on some things changed as well - may have made it easier but there is more than enough great things about the club without needing religion or politics to hold the fan base

Does this mean you feel your opinion and only your opinion is correct when it comes to our team. That you feel the Al Qaeda is a fair comparison to the followers of our team. IMO you have lost the plot. We have a large following of Protestants, even, dare i say orange without upsetting you and have had for generations. i feel they should have as much say as to how the team are followed without being compared to terrorist organisation IMO

:lol: it would help if you could read properly before commenting - no where did I compare being Protestant with being terrorist - however so we are clear I did say religion and politics have got fuck all to do with football!

Just to refresh your memory!

I do understand - I did that as well but also my views on some things changed as well - may have made it easier but there is more than enough great things about the club without needing religion or politics to hold the fan base

Our club made a lot of money through religion.

You do not know what the club think.

Erm, I do actually... because they've consistently pleaded with bigots to take their shite elsewhere.

A recent example......

"But McCoist insists the club has been stringent in its work to rid its support of the sectarian element.

"The club has taken giant strides to move forward," he said. "The vast, vast majority are of that opinion and that is what we want.

"There is no place for yesterday`s songs in the modern game, we all know that. They are unacceptable and there is no place for them in a modern society.

"We are doing our best to move forward and some massive, massive steps have been taken. The weekend was obviously a disappointment but I`m not going to get too carried away with that disappointment because we want to keep moving forward again.

"I don`t have any doubts that the majority of our fans want to leave those days behind us.

"We will move forward, because we have got a phenomenal fan base who have been nothing short of fantastic this season. The vast majority of them know what is expected, because they are representing the club as well."

Preserve that! lol

Erm, I do actually... because they've consistently pleaded with bigots to take their shite elsewhere.

A recent example......

"But McCoist insists the club has been stringent in its work to rid its support of the sectarian element.

"The club has taken giant strides to move forward," he said. "The vast, vast majority are of that opinion and that is what we want.

"There is no place for yesterday`s songs in the modern game, we all know that. They are unacceptable and there is no place for them in a modern society.

"We are doing our best to move forward and some massive, massive steps have been taken. The weekend was obviously a disappointment but I`m not going to get too carried away with that disappointment because we want to keep moving forward again.

"I don`t have any doubts that the majority of our fans want to leave those days behind us.

"We will move forward, because we have got a phenomenal fan base who have been nothing short of fantastic this season. The vast majority of them know what is expected, because they are representing the club as well."

Preserve that! lol

Funny how the songs were getting belted out on Saturday. Plus our manager should be more interested in getting our team to play well instead of crying about songs.

Funny how the songs were getting belted out on Saturday. Plus our manager should be more interested in getting our team to play well instead of crying about songs.

Maybe, but we're talking about what Rangers want in terms of the religious "tradition". They do not want this. It's a proven fact so we can only come to the conclusion that the it's the VB's who don't want to move on from a personal/bigoted perspective. (for reasons not connected to football)

They are people with their own agenda masquerading as protectors of the club and many can see right through them.