The Walter Effect

Gaz92

http://garrycarmody.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/the-walter-effect/

My thoughts on the prospect of Walter Smith stepping back from the club.

Great article - Walter is not on the board through ego , or desire to lead , but through a desire to serve - and it is the support he is serving - he has nothing to gain by being on the board and I genuinely think he is trying to look out for the club and for me it would be very unnerving if he should resign at this time !

Walter never even joined as director in the first place till November or something, so it's really not as simple for me as going into a panic if he decides he doesn't want to do the role anymore.

If he leaves the onus should be be on him to come out and directly tell us if he has something significant to tell, or tell us if he has specific concerns about the club's running that have frightened him into departing, therefore giving us a full and frank warning. And I mean directly tell us, not leaks to the media that leave us guessing.

I don't doubt Walter's intentions but if we're simply dealing with power plays and personality clashes i'm not one to just back people simply because they're 'Rangers men'.

Let him resign if he wants. I'll lose a lot of respect for him for bolting when the going get's tough instead of showing those fighting qualities we all know he has.

The Walter Smith that is portrayed would suggest to me he's someone who would stay and fight our cause in the boardroom if something is isn't right. If not, maybe he's not the person we all thought he was.

Unless we know the full facts of the matter there will be some people, including myself, who will look at it in this light.

Sorry mate, not on your side with this article.

He's there as non-exec, I think his influence is over-hyped as much as I agree he wants what's best for Rangers I don't think he's in a position to stop any wrong doing.

Not fussed if he goes to be honest, we need a clearout.

Let him resign if he wants. I'll lose a lot of respect for him for bolting when the going get's tough instead of showing those fighting qualities we all know he has.

The Walter Smith that is portrayed would suggest to me he's someone who would stay and fight our cause in the boardroom if something is isn't right. If not, maybe he's not the person we all thought he was.

Unless we know the full facts of the matter there will be some people, including myself, who will look at it in this light.

Agreed, I think he owes it to the fans to stay and look out for us, or if something so horrendous is happening he has to come out and tell us what it is 100%.

He's there as non-exec, I think his influence is over-hyped as much as I agree he wants what's best for Rangers I don't think he's in a position to stop any wrong doing.

As I said, he's not here as a big player or to be big decision maker, he's there as someone the fans can trust, and he knows more about the club than any other board member. If he leaves, there is likely a strong reason for it. And if it does happen, we need to question why, and who in the boardroom can we trust.

As I said, he's not here as a big player or to be big decision maker, he's there as someone the fans can trust, and he knows more about the club than any other board member. If he leaves, there is likely a strong reason for it. And if it does happen, we need to question why, and who in the boardroom can we trust.

If he's not going to spill the beans it's all pretty pointless though, no power to stop us being fucked and no voice to warn us we're being fucked.

If Walter thinks Rangers are in danger he must let the support know why and how and he must fight to put it right, if he walks away hes just leaving us in more turmoil, nobody doubts Walters love of Rangers, he must show strength and courage and tell us the truth, not cower and hide like Greig did.

If it does happen he needs to tell us what the strong reason is

Walter will not be able to say anything for legal reasons and stock exchange compliance.

Although his role isn't crucial, he lends a lot of credibility to the board. If he was to leave it would cause grief and many fans may hold off renewing.

Our unity is our main weapon and we cant lose that.

Walter will know this, so I would be amazed if he left and caused that.

Influence isn't directly related to position. Walter is in a position whereby he could manipulate a lot of people and get things done his way if he so chooses.

Part of me wants to think he wouldn't do that, the majority knows better. I don't trust a single person on our board, no matter who they used to be.

Influence isn't directly related to position. Walter is in a position whereby he could manipulate a lot of people and get things done his way if he so chooses.

Part of me wants to think he wouldn't do that, the majority knows better. I don't trust a single person on our board, no matter who they used to be.

Yea when you put it that way, this is my fear about the management side, while Walter remains there, he will be championing Ally..