Nicky Clark at Ibrox

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Him, mccalister from peterhead and stevie may would all be low cost gambles but on players we should be looking at!

Agreed, with the exception of May. Seen him a few times, albeit prob no more than an hour of combined games, but was not impressed with what i saw. But, like i said earlier, im not exactly gettin £6M a season at Man U

Wether the pic is real or not. If the lad does sign and it doesnt work out i hope nobody uses it to further have a go at ally.

Its all fine and well doing it for qots but he is coming somewhere that the presure is immense.

Im excited at the prospect of him signing in all honesty

A sign of the times in that we're getting excited over the possible signing of a QOTS striker.

I do however wish Nicky Clark all the best if he does join, this is the kind of player we should be looking to bring in, knows the club, the opposition, the grounds and actually wants to play for us.

Who in the media will be the first to accuse us of "weakening the opposition" by signing a young Scottish player , thats what they used to tell us whereas Celtic were putting money back into the Scottish game.

Not quite getting the risk comments. He is a proven goal scorer in the league that we are about to enter and will be on low wages. It's a no brainer.

Well every signing is a risk - some more than others

For all we know he could have peaked and had the one season of his life last season

But ill repeat, defo a signing I'd make - could be a gem

Who in the media will be the first to accuse us of "weakening the opposition" by signing young Scottish players, thats what they used to tell us whereas Celtic were putting money back into the Scottish game.

Agreed.

Any source stating we are weakening anybody is ridiculous. This should be looked at as an excellent opportunity for young players from smaller clubs to improve themselves. It benefits the Scottish leagues and exactly the type of signing we should always have been looking at.

The likes of Gretna and Livingston proved that buying the best of the division above you if you have the finances is the best way to climb the leagues. Particularly given, as opposed to the other two clubs, we can afford that comfortably as a business model.

Whilst a lot of us would like to see strong cup performances as well, there's no reason we can't do that with established players and some gems from the lower divisions.

This is what we should have been doing for years, picking up the prime of the Scottish leagues and giving them a chance.

Everything to gain very little to lose as opposed to giving money to players at the end of their career who are only in it for the wage.

Yipeeee!!! Excellent player, to the ones who are understandably cautious all I can say is that I've seen queens 6 times this season in a league higher then our own and he's scored 12 goals!!! Quality signing!

Didn't hear of the lad before this season tbh but scored for fun with QOTS, won 2 cups there this year as well. Apparently it was his first season as an in-and-out striker, still young so I'd be very happy if we signed him.

He is exactly the kind of player we should be signing, young, hungry and Scottish.

I don't see his demands being unreasonable and he will be a great addition to the club.

By the time we are in the top flight, if we have this guy, we will have some good seasoned campaigners who are young and in the main, Scottish.

Now all we need to do is beef up the defence a bit, with the exception of Lee Wallace.