Nicky Clark: I’m ready for Rangers move

Wilbert

NICKY CLARK insists he won’t be fazed by playing in front of 50,000 Rangers fans.

Clark, 21, is hoping to seal his Gers move today before he jets off on holiday to Ibiza.

And Clark, who bagged 41 goals for Queen of the South last season, is relishing the prospect of starring at Ibrox.

Clark said: “Things are still progressing, but I am going on holiday on Tuesday so hopefully I can get things sorted out before then.

“I know there is a lot of pressure playing for Rangers. You have to be big enough and strong enough to play there.

“Rangers are a massive club, but I feel I’m ready and can handle that.

“I know a few of the boys like Kyle Hutton and Ross Perry.

“Our physio at Queen of the South, Crawford Quinn, is flat-mates with Andy Little so I have been round to Andy’s flat a few times.

“Andy had a good season and scored a lot of goals for Rangers. Hopefully, he can do the same again next season.”

Gers gaffer McCoist swooped after Clark’s stunning season in Dumfries.

Clark helped Queens KO Rangers in the Ramsdens Cup and added: “You saw how good a side we were when we beat Rangers at Ibrox.

“We deserved to beat them on the night before it went to extra-time and penalties.

“I scored the first goal and set up our last-minute equaliser for Gavin Reilly.

“It was a great night for Queens and you could see from that game the way the gaffer was trying to make us play.

“We put the ball down and passed it and you can do that at Ibrox if you are good enough.

“That was my first game at Ibrox. I was nervous before it standing in the tunnel and hearing the atmosphere.

“That was the largest crowd I had ever played in front of and it was amazing taking it all in.”

Clark capped off his season by landing the Second Division Player of the Year award, and the Ginger Boot for top scorer, at the Irn Bru awards.

He said: “It has been an unbelievable season for me.

“Winning personal awards has been great, but we also won Team of the Year which shows how well we did.

“I scored in the first game of the season in a 1-0 win over Dumbarton. It just kicked on and I would never have dreamed I would have the season I had.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4943327/Clark-Im-ready-for-Rangers-move.html

Excellent prospect, for me this is our most exciting signing post-Whyte

Will score a ridiculous amount of goals next season, I reckon 13/14 will be more like what we expected from the season just gone and wouldn't be surprised if we went through it unbeaten - just need a few defenders, I'm sure they will be along shortly as things are moving on now - good signs

Looking forward to seeing Nicky Clark score barrowload of goals for the gers next season Just hope hes better than his dad !! Sandy Clark was ok but nothing great or was it just the team

He was in at the time ?

Good. He scored for fun in this division for Queen of the South and in joining a better team, his job will be easier.

This is a huge opportunity for him; Aberdeen binned him and his boyhood heroes just happen to be at a crossroads with his career. I hope he does well.

On the topic of him going to Ibiza, I remember seeing Perry and Little in Ibiza last year, absolutely fucking blitzed every night I seen them in the west end and the year before, I seen Jamie O'Hara sitting in the VIP area of Privilege, drinking bottles of water.

Just an observation.

On the topic of him going to Ibiza, I remember seeing Perry and Little in Ibiza last year, absolutely fucking blitzed every night I seen them in the west end and the year before, I seen Jamie O'Hara sitting in the VIP area of Privilege, drinking bottles of water.

Just an observation.

Jamie O'Hara had a shite season, Andy Little had a cracking season.

Go figure.

Jamie O'Hara had a shite season, Andy Little had a cracking season.

Go figure.

You should be ashamed of this post for its severe lack of sense, you moron.

O'Hara has been injured for 75% of the English Premier League season while Little's played against postmen and brickies in the Scottish Third Division.

Go figure? Frightening from you.