Durrant confirms we need defenders

Just watched his interview there and said we need defenders in. He especially mentioned a centre half and a right back.

He says in the next week or two we will be scouring Europe and the English lower leagues for some defenders.

Good news.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other bit mentioned was goian wants a move back to Romania and bocanegra will leave to prolong his international chances.....personally I wouldn't go for a European CB at the moment....by all means get more technical players in for attacking areas but I think we need a rugged CB in preferably with pace to put his head on things and organise the back 4 and for that I would stay British whilst in the lower leagues....(don't need another cribari)

The other bit mentioned was goian wants a move back to Romania and bocanegra will leave to prolong his international chances.....personally I wouldn't go for a European CB at the moment....by all means get more technical players in for attacking areas but I think we need a rugged CB in preferably with pace to put his head on things and organise the back 4 and for that I would stay British whilst in the lower leagues....(don't need another cribari)

Agreed.

A decent centre half or two from the English lower leagues would be ideal.

What ever happened to the big guy who helped win us the league in 2009,?played for Hibs ..Thought someone like him would be ideal .

Rob Jones, great big defender but he's captain of either Doncaster or Scunthorpe and isn't out of contract

What ever happened to the big guy who helped win us the league in 2009,?played for Hibs ..Thought someone like him would be ideal .

Meh.

33 year old player coach for Doncaster Rovers if it's Rob Jones you're on about.

Was a hardy bastard that soaked up our high balls at the time though.

Rob Jones, great big defender but he's captain of either Doncaster or Scunthorpe and isn't out of contract

pity about that .Will never forget the game he had against the beggars just before we went to Tannadice to win the league .Beggars had to win against an average Hibs side to keep them in control of their own destiny .The bold Robster was immense that day and he kept the rodents out .Making it possible for our amazing never to be forgotten day at Tannadice .

Meh.

33 year old player coach for Doncaster Rovers if it's Rob Jones you're on about.

Was a hardy bastard that soaked up our high balls at the time though.

Yes Bad boy he wasn't the finished article mate but he did not take any prisoners . A trate I like in a centre half .

pity about that .Will never forget the game he had against the beggars just before we went to Tannadice to win the league .Beggars had to win against an average Hibs side to keep them in control of their own destiny .The bold Robster was immense that day and he kept the rodents out .Making it possible for our amazing never to be forgotten day at Tannadice .

I remember that game mate....was brilliant as it was so unexpected....Rob jones of 3 years ago and if free would be ideal but I would go for someone like zaliuskas or Cathcart out of the available players I know of....

I still remember watching that game, sweat pishin out me!