No more until others moved on..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All is at fault for handing out contracts to "potential" stars who are anything but star material.

Nevertheless he better get a reasonable defence sorted out.

...What did Kal Naismith do last year to earn a new contract?????????????

Face it gents, the only players who are likely to leave this summer are Alexander, Cole and Hemmings who are all out of contract.

Argyriou, Cribari and Hutton are contracted until summer 2014 and the rest are on longer deals.

Black is contracted to summer 2015. Shiels is contracted to 2016. Not sure how long Cribari's is.

We need to hope Goian and Bocanegra want to leave, and that someone is willing to take them.

Alexander - Still a very good keeper but with Bell coming in we could save a lot of money by getting him off the wage bill.

Cole - Never fit and spends most of his time on holiday.

Goian - Wages far too much for SFL 2. Not needed.

Bocanegra - Same as above.

Cribari - Useless.

Perry - Same as above.

Faure - Not impressed by him from what I have seen.

Argyriou - The Greek Forrest Gump.

Hutton - Never very good and with Peralta and Law coming in I don't see him getting many games.

Hemmings - Never fit.

Naismith - Hopeless.

They are the players I would like to see go.

Have to agree with that

Get shot of the Greek, caribri, Hutton, Alexander, Naismith, goian, perry and Hemings!

I would give cole another year to shine as he has been a good player any time I have seen him at youth level.

I would also keep boca as I think he could really help the team out with his experience.

The worrying thing, in all of this, is that basic common sense (not letting a manager loose with money) seems to be being ignored and it is only due to footballing rules that any sort of control is put in place. We have more than enough of a squad to come second in the SPL, at a canter, far less spunk fortunes on winning the third tier of Scottish football.

It's all well and good saying we want to get rid of these guys but the reality is who would take them? The standard of some of these guys and the money they are on with us means its more than likely they will dig their heels in....

I mentioned the registration rule the other day which surprises me even more that ally is talking about offering Hemmings a new deal...

If we could I'd move on....Hemmings, Naismith, argiriou, cribari and (wage wise) bocanegra, goian and Alexander...

Not sure about the Sun's figures here. I make it we currently have 14 players that had reached 21 by 1st January this year, plus the five new guys, making 19 in total. That said, there are another five players that will have reached 21 by 1st Jan next year.

Not sure about the Sun's figures here. I make it we currently have 14 players that had reached 21 by 1st January this year, plus the five new guys, making 19 in total. That said, there are another five players that will have reached 21 by 1st Jan next year.

Are you counting boca and goian in that?

Ally has stated he wants 5 or 6 more so there is a few ways this can go:

1. Signings will be made up of a few under 21 and a few players to replace those out of contract i.e Alexander and Hemmings

2. Ally will have a clear out of some under performing players like Hutton, Black et al IF he can find clubs to take them

3. Conspiracy - SPL2 is on the cards and the limit will be increased....

It is likely a combo and 1 & 2, I can see Carlos, Goian and Alexander going which would free up 3 positions, plus perhaps 1 or 2 20-21 year olds..

If reconstruction happens this will be null and void but never the less getting our squad streamlined and the wage bill cut should be at the forefront of Mr Mather's mind, we need to start making players work for big contracts and for new signings should get a 2 year deal maximum with a option to extend it if they impress as handing out 4 year deals to players who might not be that great is not the way to reduce costs.

How would we get Cribari, Black, and Shiels off the books? All these players are under contract. Shiels still has 3 years to run on his contract.

No one is going to come in and give these guys the money we're paying. Not on the strength of last years performances. We can't afford to pay them all off either. Think you'll find these lads are staying right were they are.

Very good point, would probably need to release them to be honest.

I can honestly see Hemmings leaving. Simply because of the fact he is on holiday in LA right now. Yet wasn't part of the NARSA Convention just up the road in San Fran.

Ally has stated he wants 5 or 6 more so there is a few ways this can go:

1. Signings will be made up of a few under 21 and a few players to replace those out of contract i.e Alexander and Hemmings

2. Ally will have a clear out of some under performing players like Hutton, Black et al IF he can find clubs to take them

3. Conspiracy - SPL2 is on the cards and the limit will be increased....

It is likely a combo and 1 & 2, I can see Carlos, Goian and Alexander going which would free up 3 positions, plus perhaps 1 or 2 20-21 year olds..

dont forget that there are 5 players on the squad list that left last year, these need sorted out as well