How many clubs have helped us out in the last two years

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for Linfield to be honest, we got a decent cut from them for playing over there and I don't think we took in anywhere near that for the return game.

I too feel sorry for Linfield: they really went over and above the call of duty to help Rangers

I cringed when I read the match programme for the game with the Linfield manager being so genuinely chuffed about playing at Ibrox and saying how much it meant to Linfield etc

and then bugger all people turned up for the game :ohmy:

For me that was one of the low points of the season gone. Embarrassing.

Linfield really deserved better than that.

AC Milan and their legends team came over last year for a great event, which certainly raised the spirit at the club.

A truly brilliant night!! Not forgetting Man U legends this year too :)

Killie didn't vote for us to stay, they abstained from voting cause they were too coward to go one way or the other....pretty disappointing considering Ally and Durranty both played for them as well as Durranty being their youth team coach...

That was a massive disappointment, was still good to go and enjoy seeing Rangers palying again, but as you say it ended up as a youth/reserve game. Felt really sorry for Kelty Hearts that day. Only found out later after attending the game they were originally called Kelty Rangers.

There have been two different Junior clubs called Kelty Rangers - but they have no connection to the current Kelty Hearts which was an amateur club that stepped up to the Junior ranks in 1980.

The Man U game was for charity tho not really our benefit

Indeed, but it was a still a gesture that counted and it helped our Rangers Charity as well as their chosen Charity....shame it was made a daytime match though, would have liked to have seen a busier stadium like the AC Milan game....

I too feel sorry for Linfield: they really went over and above the call of duty to help Rangers

I cringed when I read the match programme for the game with the Linfield manager being so genuinely chuffed about playing at Ibrox and saying how much it meant to Linfield etc

and then bugger all people turned up for the game :ohmy:

For me that was one of the low points of the season gone. Embarrassing.

Linfield really deserved better than that.

I think Rangers marketing let Linfield down rather than the fans. There was hardly any promotion of this match.

Slightly off topic but when we made the 'bombshell' that rocked Scottish football :rolleyes: and let Juve train at Auchinhowie we were supposed to be involved in a swap loan deal with young players from both clubs getting a chance to impress the other, I remember a article listing some of the Juventus players we might be offered. Does anyone know what happened with that or was it binned when CG left like so many other plans?

Agreed

We could have had a nice warm Sat in July and packed Ibrox out for Linfield

My most embarrassing moment as well. I always call them the Belfast Rangers. I thought we would have at least half filled ibrox .

That nice hot Saturday in July would not only have guaranteed a sell out crowd, but would have been seen as a statement of could- not- give - a - fuckness to all of those who hate us, by truly witnessing what really being a bear is really, in the end all about. To make a statement of intent to all of our detractors that we are Rangers and don't care what you write in the press, and to show that a team in Belfast, a majority Protestant team, supported by the Protestant people of Belfast, with all respect to all the bears who follow the glens , and the other teams, were the only other people who helped us and help save us. I ask myself a lot with some of you on here why our Protestant identity is something to be ashamed of. We welcome all, this summer above all proves that. But fuck sake, it's something all of us should be proud of, and those who aren't Protestants to respect.

It's how the rest of the world knows Rangers alongside being the best team in the world from Glasgow , who play in royal blue jerseys, white shorts, and black and red socks. The team of the Protestants as Barcelona described is.

Fuckin yes!

No Surrender

Rab

I really dont have a problem with clubs not helping us out, however I do take issue with the many clubs (and their vile, knuckle-dragging supporters) who lined up to put the boot in when we were down.

I look forward to passing many of them as we climb the leagues and they travel down.