Fan or a detractor? You decide

Ger77

Her Majesty the Queen once spoke of her 'Annus Horibbilis' to describe a Year of Horrors for her and her family, a term which could aptly refer to the difficult and challenging time this club and its supporters have endured.

A year where the SPL, SFA, SFL, HMRC, Media, Politicians and many others have felt duty bound to have their say on this great institution. A year of slander, ridicule and punishment, often wrapped up in a nice green bow called 'Sporting Integrity'.

As a collective we have taken it all on the chin and refused to be beaten by our detractors.

The term fan is defined as "A person who is enthusiastically devoted".

As I move through several FANsites including RM I note the many threads vigourously question the Management Team, Players, Board and Employees and their ability to do their jobs correctly.

These are aeas of our club which our enemies, our foes, peruse on a daily basis in order to manufacture mistrust and attempt to further belittle this great club.

For everything Rangers has given us, a lifetime of memories to hand over to our children and Grand children, I say as a fan they have earned our devotion.

As fans, do we leave the negativity and untruths to our detractors and challenge them as strongly as we can or are we doing there job for them?

Fan or Detractor?, its your call.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Her Majesty the Queen once spoke of her 'Annus Horibbilis' to describe a Year of Horrors for her and her family, a term which could aptly refer to the difficult and challenging time this club and its supporters have endured.

A year where the SPL, SFA, SFL, HMRC, Media, Politicians and many others have felt duty bound to have their say on this great institution. A year of slander, ridicule and punishment, often wrapped up in a nice green bow called 'Sporting Integrity'.

As a collective we have taken it all on the chin and refused to be beaten by our detractors.

As I move through several FANsites including RM I note the many threads vigourously question the Management Team, Players, Board and Employees and their ability to do their jobs correctly.

These are aeas of our club which our enemies, our foes, peruse on a daily basis in order to manufacture mistrust and attempt to further belittle this great club.

For everything Rangers has given us, a lifetime of memories to hand over to our children and Grand children, I say as a fan they have earned our devotion.

As fans, do we leave the negativity and untruths to our detractors and challenge them as strongly as we can or are we doing there job for them?

This always makes me laugh.

Our greatest trait as a club is winning. Most people care more about our team winning than not asking any questions of the management, players and coaches.

Why shouldn't we if we want the best for the club? It's pathetic that your all of a sudden seen as a detractor because you dare question under-performers at our club. It's an shite, old, dated, dignified mindset that has got us nowhere.

I could flip it and say shite performances & results and settling for them is more akin to being a taig - as they enjoy that sort of thing.

Perhaps it's our upbringing re freedom of opinion and speech that the immigrants lack. So really you are saying that a fan is not a fan if he questions.......the ability of the Mangager because he/they think the football is crap?

Also the same for in the eyes of many, for players playing below their best more often than not and as for the board dear god man.

Fan or Detractor?, its Your Call.

Mr Traynor? I've been wondering what you were up to. ;)

Fan, btw. (tu)

Good post.

Our greatest trait as a club is winning. Most people care more about our team winning than not asking any questions of the management, players and coaches.

Why shouldn't we if we want the best for the club? It's pathetic that your all of a sudden seen as a detractor because you dare question under-performers at our club. It's an shite, old, dated, dignified mindset that has got us nowhere.

I could flip it and say shite performances & results and settling for them is more akin to being a taig - as they enjoy that sort of thing.

I think the point he is making that whatever we think or feel that is going on

if a rabid tim rams the same thoughts at you I for 1 will hunt him to fuck as I don't

want them slagging my club.

WATP

if a rabid tim rams the same thoughts at you I for 1 will hunt him to fuck as I don't

WATP

All the more reason to strive to be better at what we do, if taigs laughing at us winds you's up that much - it annoys me. People say "who cares what they think" .. I do ... I don't want them getting jollies at our failures. If that means asking questions of management, players and coaches then that's fine.

WATP

A tim would never question mccoist as manager or smith as chairman.... maybe your answer is contained in that!

All the more reason to strive to be better at what we do, if taigs laughing at us winds you's up that much - it annoys me. People say "who cares what they think" .. I do ... I don't want them getting jollies at our failures. If that means asking questions of management, players and coaches then that's fine.

I just want us to return to our rightful place but it was never going to be

straightforward as we have seen.

Hopefully the boardroom will settle down and the football becomes more enjoyable, who

knows we all might be so happy we will all agree on the way forward. :thumbup:

I just want us to return to our rightful place but it was never going to be

straightforward as we have seen.

Hopefully the boardroom will settle down and the football becomes more enjoyable, who

knows we all might be so happy we will all agree on the way forward. :thumbup:

(tu)

And what do you expect Rangers fans to discuss on a Rangers Forum which discusses all thing Rangers ?

Nail on head.

Utter pish, burying head in sand stuff.

Should there be no negativity about the events of the last year? About shyte? Do we say nothing about how poor we were last year incase obsessed bheggars are chugging over it?

And most 'lies' are actually differing opinions posed by differing camps who on the whole want the best for the club.

Debate occurs on forums. Detractor for doing so my arse

Of course Rangers forums are used to discuss Rangers and we all love a good debate.

Q. Would we react badly to personal attacks/insults on Rangers employees by other clubs fans? Damn right!

Why is it then acceptable for some of our fans to do it.

We celebrate the fact that this club was built on honour, dignity and pride.

High standards indeed, but the difference between us and them.

"I note the many threads vigourously question the Management Team, Players, Board and Employees and their ability to do their jobs correctly.

These are areas of our club which our enemies, our foes, peruse on a daily basis in order to manufacture mistrust and attempt to further belittle this great club.

For everything Rangers has given us, a lifetime of memories to hand over to our children and Grand children, I say as a fan they have earned our devotion."

"Fan or Detractor?, its your call."

So, if we vigorously question, challenge, complain or hypothesise about the performance of our current squad, the ability of Ally as a manager, the backstabbing self indulgent professional capabilities of our ( laundry washing ) board or the absence of evidence of the presence of employees such as Mr Traynor we are not fans? We are detractors?

In case the obsessed get off on it?

Instead we should show devotion to those listed above. Or detract and become an anti-ger?

Those listed above are iemployees, investors or custodians but none are greater than Rangers itself. They have my respect. If they perform in their roles they have my full support. If they do not, and Rangers suffer as a result, then I and all other fans have a duty to challenge it, vociferously, to have it rectified or replaced.

Otherwise what have we learned from the last year?

Ostrich or not?

Of course Rangers forums are used to discuss Rangers and we all love a good debate.

Q. Would we react badly to personal attacks/insults on Rangers employees by other clubs fans? Damn right!

Why is it then acceptable for some of our fans to do it.

We celebrate the fact that this club was built on honour, dignity and pride.

High standards indeed, but the difference between us and them.

Most folks with brothers would say they fight like cat and dog. But have a go at one brother and the other brother is at his side. It's natural. If you catch my drift.

Agreed about some of the personal insults directed mainly at Ally - shocking, unwarranted and an embarassment. Think his ability as a manager is entirely up for debate.

It is our duty, as fans, to question the management and running of our club. It's an unquestioning, hope-everythings-going-okay-but-cant-bother-to-find-out hand-wringing that let Shyte and his ilk do what they did.

So fucking wrong. :lol:

To be honest I probably agree with you, there are those within our support who are so dedicated to their own views that they will use so much venom in their arguments that they are indeed pretty much blinkered to the fact that they are just giving the other side food to feed on.

As a list we have a number of factions, unionist/loyalist zealots, religious/anti-religious zealots, political zealots and last but not least we have the Rangers fan who looks to support his club for what he sees it as, a world famous football club. It really is a pity that there are those who are so willing to attack men who have served Rangers so well with so such venom while blindly supporting any new guy on the scene who's willing to feed them sound bites that fit their own view.

Do I trust Smith and McCoist? Yes I do, they've been about Rangers during one of our most successful periods and they are about the club during what has been proven to be the most difficult time. Do I trust Green, initially I was forced to in that he bought the club and if he didn't get the support we were finished. However as time went on he made more and more gaffes and in the end he walked because of it. I don't believe that he was pushed out the door by anybody. Those that think he was are entitled to their view, but if he was such a strong leader he seemed to have been pushed out the door with the minimum strength needed.

Basically CG came to make some money and he has done that and now he's leaving. That is what he said he was here to do, he's done it and he's off. I do hope though that he doesn't start playing silly buggers after he has left by selling stories of you he was mistreated by board members or sections of the fan base. I'm sure that there are those in our fan base who would lap it up as would the haters of the club. To most fans though it would be a total betrayal.

I notice the detractors of the OP are the usual, mopey, moany-faced cunts that dwell on these forums. I live in hope that their next batch of Venlafaxine gets airlifted to them in time for the season kicking off... if not, then certainly by Christmas, for the sake of their poor, suffering families. :(