Rangers 1 BBC Scotland 0

D'Artagnan

My worry is that the tims are in power in all the relevant places (media etc,.) to spout their concerted web of vice.

“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”

Napoleon Bonaparte

But to your credit, every lie and deceit from them has been met with a wall of truth.

Well if that is true, then it is up to us to oust them. The Club cannot publicly be seen to cry over things like this, it would be deemed paranoid.

That job must be taken on by the fans, and indeed, one mans blog I'd recommend for you who is doing a similar job to this is The Man The Bheasts Can't Tame. Can be found on twitter @ManTheBheastCan and his blog is http://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I complained to the BBC a couple of week ago about the way BBC Scotland had used and published skewed stats on football attendances. (Basically only using Rangers cup attendance figures to bring down our average, all other teams figures based on league only). I also suggested that all reports about Rangers seemed to have negative headlines or terminology.

Still awaiting a reply.

I have noticed a distinct lack of Rangers reporting on the website recently - couldn't even find the report about the spurious ASA complaint being thrown out. If we had lost that decision it would have been headline news.

BBC UK probably aren't even aware of all this going on in one of their 'regions'. It looks like someone up here is airing his own anti Rangers agenda through his employer who happens to be the national broadcaster. In my opinion. Allegedly.

Well if that is true, then it is up to us to oust them. The Club cannot publicly be seen to cry over things like this, it would be deemed paranoid.

That job must be taken on by the fans, and indeed, one mans blog I'd recommend for you who is doing a similar job to this is The Man The Bheasts Can't Tame. Can be found on twitter @ManTheBheastCan and his blog is http://themanthebhea....wordpress.com/

I do indeed read his blog Buzz, and I believe he has often been on Rangerschat.

Agreed, the club cannot attack every piece of propaganda, that would be futile, and indeed, reek of paranoia.

But why the silence over league reconstruction? We ARE the biggest club, yet we have a small voice. I just wish we were more critical/vocal in what is happening to Scottish Football.

It's disgusting we have no say in how our country's football is to change, but we still, and should on an official level, have our opinion.

The (official) Rangers soapbox is often bereft of footing, Buzz.

That job must be taken on by the fans, and indeed, one mans blog I'd recommend for you who is doing a similar job to this is The Man The Bheasts Can't Tame. Can be found on twitter @ManTheBheastCan and his blog is http://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/

That particular blog came across to me as a pile of shit.

Do you think it has any substance to it?

Brilliant result for the bear whose tenacity brought about this result. I would ask however, what the fuck was our PR department doing all this time to allow the BBC to get away with misrepresenting and blatantly lying about our club. As Mr Prior has stated in the interview today, our board members are getting remunerated way above their levels of achievements, so it would seem that our PR department are getting salaries for sitting on their arses doing fuck all to stop the vicious and malicious campaign of the Scottish media against our club over the last 2 years. They should be absolutely ashamed that it took an ordinary bear to bring this to a head.

Great post.

Bloggers and fans do a great job for this club but there are certain issues where it should be fought by the club itself. I hear some are saying there are so many fronts we have battles, and that's true, but as Mather said we have to choose who and where we hit back. Well, when the biggest broadcasting company in the country continually attacks you I can't think of a better one

I do indeed read his blog Buzz, and I believe he has often been on Rangerschat.

Agreed, the club cannot attack every piece of propaganda, that would be futile, and indeed, reek of paranoia.

But why the silence over league reconstruction? We ARE the biggest club, yet we have a small voice. I just wish we were more critical/vocal in what is happening to Scottish Football.

It's disgusting we have no say in how our country's football is to change, but we still, and should on an official level, have our opinion.

The (official) Rangers soapbox is often bereft of footing, Buzz.

I believe we still retain an influence over league reconstruction and the rule books. I think in part this is why the SFL's over 21 rule has been scrapped in the merger, as I'm sure we'd have wanted rid of that given our squad size.

We have no official vote for now, but I'm led to believe that when the SPFL is pushed through we will have our full membership status once again, complete with voting rights. I would also imagine that we will be the representative from the third tier that sits on the board, though that part is very much an educated guess and nothing more.

League reconstruction has maybe been quite beneficial for us in some respects, and I imagine that's why we stayed quiet.

That particular blog came across to me as a pile of shit.

Do you think it has any substance to it?

I don't know enough about the investigation he carried out to perform any sort of judgement I'm afraid. But I know he's been accurate previously.

I believe we still retain an influence over league reconstruction and the rule books. I think in part this is why the SFL's over 21 rule has been scrapped in the merger, as I'm sure we'd have wanted rid of that given our squad size.

We have no official vote for now, but I'm led to believe that when the SPFL is pushed through we will have our full membership status once again, complete with voting rights. I would also imagine that we will be the representative from the third tier that sits on the board, though that part is very much an educated guess and nothing more.

League reconstruction has maybe been quite beneficial for us in some respects, and I imagine that's why we stayed quiet.

I find it hard to argue with you, but watch how league reconstruction ensures Hearts are not demoted. The over-21 in my opinion is a sweetener. Balance, and 'intergrity', will not be used.

I find it hard to argue with you, but watch how league reconstruction ensures Hearts are not demoted. The over-21 in my opinion is a sweetener. Balance, and 'intergrity', will not be used.

I think Hearts are pretty much guaranteed to start with a fifteen point penalty anyway this season. This means they're very likely to get relegated to SFL1 next season, and guess who's going to be in there too...

That's probably the main reason they were desperate to push league reconstruction through, so playoffs would be there to enable both us and Hearts to be promoted into the SPL for 2014/15. If Hearts have to newco I'd fully expect them to be sent to Div 3. But alas, I don't think they will. I think they'll head into administration and come out of it. But we're speculating.

I think Hearts are pretty much guaranteed to start with a fifteen point penalty anyway this season. This means they're very likely to get relegated to SFL1 next season, and guess who's going to be in there too...

That's probably the main reason they were desperate to push league reconstruction through, so playoffs would be there to enable both us and Hearts to be promoted into the SPL for 2014/15. If Hearts have to newco I'd fully expect them to be sent to Div 3. But alas, I don't think they will. I think they'll head into administration and come out of it. But we're speculating.

Agreed, but wouldn't it be lovely to think they got relegated to the lower echelons?

Wishful thinking (tu)

An excellent result, it'll be interesting to see if the result is broadcast within Scotland or the whole of the UK. I think we have all seen a turning of the tide over the last six or seven months, each step takes us closer to victory and the truth about who has been pulling the strings in the campaign that is on-going against our club.

I would make that C*nt McLaughlin read the Statement out on Behalf of the BBC on the News!!!!.........Just to see his coupon!

What was he accurate about before?

I had never heard of him until his blog was posted on here a couple of days ago.

His stuff on Alex Thomson, I've only recently started reading it so others may know more than me about it.