Rangers 1 BBC Scotland 0

D'Artagnan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not alone out there D'art re following up wrongs through channels, if only more bloggers would use their skills in doing this, instead of this act of achieving a high profile for themselves.

If this sort of blogger could join forces with yourself and the chap who got the result that lead to this thread They have to get a grip and revue the fact that they have achieved nothing with their blogs......that cannot be disputed.

Ed

The Vanguard Bears with their constant support and help over the years have meant I have never felt alone or isolated in the battle. #Max Respect for those guys.

Brilliant result for the bear whose tenacity brought about this result. I would ask however, what the fuck was our PR department doing all this time to allow the BBC to get away with misrepresenting and blatantly lying about our club. As Mr Prior has stated in the interview today, our board members are getting remunerated way above their levels of achievements, so it would seem that our PR department are getting salaries for sitting on their arses doing fuck all to stop the vicious and malicious campaign of the Scottish media against our club over the last 2 years. They should be absolutely ashamed that it took an ordinary bear to bring this to a head.

Exactly (tu)

It's always upto our gems in VB to uncover and probe these things. What the fuck do the PR department of our club do?

Something that's always infuriated me.

Exactly (tu)

It's always upto our gems in VB to uncover and probe these things. What the fuck do the PR department of our club do?

Something that's always infuriated me.

I'd imagine it's something to do with the fact we generate so many stories from so many newspapers, our PR department is likely to be firefighting on a daily basis. Perhaps the contract with Media House needs expanded so as to include long-term PR strategy, but I wouldn't count on it. Costs a lot of money.

It's always great to see the fans take up the mantle on things like this though. Vanguardbears are a credit to the Rangers community.

I'd imagine it's something to do with the fact we generate so many stories from so many newspapers, our PR department is likely to be firefighting on a daily basis. Perhaps the contract with Media House needs expanded so as to include long-term PR strategy, but I wouldn't count on it. Costs a lot of money.

It's always great to see the fans take up the mantle on things like this though. Vanguardbears are a credit to the Rangers community.

I appreciate that, but things such as this we should be going after. No excuse why the club couldn't have done it as it's one of the most important issues close to supporters hearts. Our PR department is a shambles, always has been.

Seems like we need a clear out in a lot of the depts as we don't seem to Market or stand up to bad press.

If it wasn't for the fans you dread to think what wud be happening against the club especially going with last years fiasco.

Well done. A great result.

I'm still left wondering why the Rangers Board is not more on the front foot in taking up these types of incidents with the media. It is the Club's history, tradition, contributions to Scottish football that are being sniped at by BBC Scotland and others in the media. IMO the full weight of Rangers should be applied against those who make innacurate statements about Rangers. I know the BBC is banned, but sometimes there should be more than a red card dismissal, there should be a much more positive and concerted action to speak out against them and to pursue every legal route to seek redress.

Apathy. Unacceptable Apathy.

Well done to those who deserve the credit for this.

I appreciate that, but things such as this we should be going after. No excuse why the club couldn't have done it as it's one of the most important issues close to supporters hearts. Our PR department is a shambles, always has been.

I'm not really sure what more the club could do recently. It turfed the BBC out of Ibrox and then discredited it when it tried to run with a story about us. The club has to be practical, because we have to strike a balance between being firm but also being open with the media. I remember a few years ago everyone hated the fact that we were a closed shop and talked to virtually no media outlet.

It's about striking a balance, and the Club makes a pretty reasonable job of that. In the absence of the funds to provide a long-term PR strategy, I'm sure the Club is extremely grateful that it has such loyal, dedicated and willing supporters to take up the mantle on the big fights and challenges with the media.

I'm not really sure what more the club could do recently. It turfed the BBC out of Ibrox and then discredited it when it tried to run with a story about us. The club has to be practical, because we have to strike a balance between being firm but also being open with the media. I remember a few years ago everyone hated the fact that we were a closed shop and talked to virtually no media outlet.

It's about striking a balance, and the Club makes a pretty reasonable job of that. In the absence of the funds to provide a long-term PR strategy, I'm sure the Club is extremely grateful that it has such loyal, dedicated and willing supporters to take up the mantle on the big fights and challenges with the media.

You joking? there's a LOT more they can do.

I do agree with striking a balance though.

Ed

The Vanguard Bears with their constant support and help over the years have meant I have never felt alone or isolated in the battle. #Max Respect for those guys.

Agree D'art and a tremendous (tu) for such a public statement regarding them (tu)

Being the generous and good hearted individual, I have run out of likes just now, but will add one to your post, when reloaded.

I'm not going to lie, one thing the bheasts from the east are so much better at, is their ability to be cohesive in their concerted attacks. Pincer like and with precision, they know how to fuel the propaganda wars and they don't leave anything to chance.

The ASA verdict recently, and this, exposes them for what they are, but I wish we had the same focus and drive. They are not fragmented as us, and even though we have the largest support in the land, theirs is still considerable.

First step, get the bloggers together, become a stonger voice, speak to the masses and let's 'kick' them back. We had Charles Green, one man, being so vocal. Let's have the full support retaliating at every piece of propaganda they spout.

Will it happen? Doubtful.

Would it be fruitful? Absolutely.

Me and another bear on hear but, I pursued it on behalf of all bears as a Vanguard Bear!!!

I really cant heap enough praise on you guys 54. I have pursued the BBC over a number of issues and I can understand the considerable efforts and frustrations you have gone through to progress it to this stage.

All I would say is you have recorded a massive victory in the propaganda war which is taking place and every Bear man, woman and child is thankful to you for the effort you have put into this.

I really cant heap enough praise on you guys 54. I have pursued the BBC over a number of issues and I can understand the considerable efforts and frustrations you have gone through to progress it to this stage.

All I would say is you have recorded a massive victory in the propaganda war which is taking place and every Bear man, woman and child is thankful to you for the effort you have put into this.

It's the greatest example of demonstrating how fruitful it is to fight back, and that we can yield results. A potential watermark for us?

Absolutely brilliant from the blogger who pursued this, these guys, along with our own , D'Art, Oleg, etc etc should get a job in our totally inadequate PR department, i'm serious here, even if it was just part time, their input would be invaluable to the club and would soon see off the detractors with the facts and defence of our club!

Absolutely brilliant from the blogger who pursued this, these guys, along with our own , D'Art, Oleg, etc etc should get a job in our totally inadequate PR department, i'm serious here, even if it was just part time, their input would be invaluable to the club and would soon see off the detractors with the facts and defence of our club!

Mate, that's a healthy dose of common sense. It's people like who you mentioned we need, not ego-trippin' maniacs.

(tu)