How do you expect us to perform in cup competitions?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the name would just be a reminder of how far we fell - or were pushed.

You can say the same about this recent third division title too.

We should want to win EVERYTHING we enter. That's what keeps us the worlds most successful team. No excuses for failure.

My only regret in the Ramsden cup will be we don't have our name on it three times, I want that reminder, I want to remember that feeling of standing on the terrace with 50,000 other Bears watching Rangers in the 3rd div, what a source of pride that is.

Hes signed good SPL players in Bell, Daly and Law. Clark could yet turn out to be a gem. Add that to a team with Wallace, Little, Templeton, and McCulloch in it. Cant be far away from beating any SPL side we come up against (apart from the obvious).

So it's the name that bothers you?

I believe it's technically called the Challenge Cup, Ramsdens are just the sponser. If that helps. :pipe:

You can say the same about this recent third division title too.

We should want to win EVERYTHING we enter. That's what keeps us the worlds most successful team. No excuses for failure.

I view the 3rd Division title differently as it had to be won to take the next step on the road back to where we belong.

I'm not saying we should do anything less than try to win everything we compete in, but the Ramdsens Cup is one i won't lose any sleep over.

I view the 3rd Division title differently as it had to be won to take the next step on the road back to where we belong.

I'm not saying we should do anything less than try to win everything we compete in, but the Ramdsens Cup is one i won't lose any sleep over.

That's insane for me mate. Not only do I want to win it as it's a cup it's also a total embarassment if we don't win it and get beat at Ibrox again it. The amount of jollies others got from it should be another reason to want to win it.

We should be winning them or coming close. Our wage bill dwarfs anybody else's in Scotland, asides from the dhims.

Spending the ludicrous amounts of money we are, to just win sfl 2, would be unacceptable. QoTS won it at a canter last year, with a 10th of our wage bill.

Sadly I think we're just pishing money against a wall again. Same old rangers

With the players we have brought in I don't think it foolish to imagine we will win the Ramsdens and make at least one cup final, if someone does us a wee favour & we can avoid them we might just actually win a League or Scottish Cup - that would sicken them all lol.

I'd agree with that. We really need a good centre back tbh. That was the weakest part of our team last season so if we managed to attract Zaliukas or Berra to the club we would look a lot stronger.