No Orange shirt

Tradition is a silly reason to do anything. Almost everyone who believes in doing something for tradition picks an arbitrary point in history to start from and ignores what happened before that.

1872 isnt an arbitrary point on the clubs history.

The tangerine/orange top was an excellent tribute to the Dutch players we had in our squad and DA as manager. A number of people took offence and implied that it as stood for something else, that said more about them than it did about Rangers. The sad thing is that there's an element of our support who have made the same mistake.

SDM was not the sort of character to push the orange angle and from memory I don't think there were any more orange rally's held within Ibrox after his arrival at the club. Having said that these may have stopped before his arrival.

Personally I always thought the tangerine/orange top looked cheap.

Eck was the manager when we released the Orange/tangerine top.

1872 isnt an arbitrary point on the clubs history.

Sorry, I was just talking about the concept of tradition in general. There was an unbroken 120 year span of Rangers having no other colours than red, white and blue. Incidentally, there was also a 78 year span (more than half the club's history) of only having blue or white so, depending on whether your cut-off date for tradition is 1950 or 1993, red may not be traditional either.

The tangerine/orange top was an excellent tribute to the Dutch players we had in our squad and DA as manager. A number of people took offence and implied that it as stood for something else, that said more about them than it did about Rangers. The sad thing is that there's an element of our support who have made the same mistake.

SDM was not the sort of character to push the orange angle and from memory I don't think there were any more orange rally's held within Ibrox after his arrival at the club. Having said that these may have stopped before his arrival.

I think it's quite naive to think there genuinely was no connection between the orange shirt and the orange order. When have we ever released a shirt in tribute to players of any other nationality?

I think it's quite naive to think there genuinely was no connection between the orange shirt and the orange order. When have we ever released a shirt in tribute to players of any other nationality?

That was the point, we never had so many imports from one country before at the one time.

Murray stopped the Orange Church Service at Ibrox.

Was nothing to do with the Dutch players - you getting that and the 2000 cup final mixed up?

Can't be fucked with an orange top. I'd rather see something red or white, one of our three actual colours

Black for 3rd change will usually rock my boat, sucker for black strips

Away tops are not supposed to be the same colours of the home...hence the point of two or three different strips.

They should be cashing in on (their still massive) unionist, loyalist, protestant, orange fan base.

I don't think orange is really a loyalist colour outwith the orange order. Red White and blue is much more loyalist. Orange is seen much more in the Irish catholic/nationalist flags and regalia.