no long term plan ?

From your OP.

What people are saying to you is that the interview with TRAYNOR did indeed cover your point/quote, but you still say that you haven't watched it.

You're being a bit picky in your criticism of Ally while creating a whole thread of arguments that don't exist.

It was a reasonably good interview and is mainly for Rangers fans. What's your problem again?

No one said the interview with Traynor covered that point..........look back and see.....your the first one who's said it

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said in your OP you didn't know if it was covered in the interview because you hadn't watched it! I said to you in my reply do you not think its best to watch the interview before speculating one way or another! By your own admission you wernt sure so why now get all defensive! Had you watched the interview, and there is no excuse as its free and on the normal website, you would know! I can't get my head round why someone would post on here before watching it?

You said in your OP you didn't know if it was covered in the interview because you hadn't watched it! I said to you in my reply do you not think its best to watch the interview before speculating one way or another! By your own admission you wernt sure so why now get all defensive! Had you watched the interview, and there is no excuse as its free and on the normal website, you would know! I can't get my head round why someone would post on here before watching it?

you didn't say the article was from the interview

you suggested I watched the interview even though I was commenting on the Herald article

McCoist should be looking for assistance in developing a long term plan/philosophy because he is right in the fact that a Rangers manager needs to concentrate on the immediate.

Although its not a well thought of position at clubs, a Director of Football would help him massively in this and allow him to concentrate on the 1st team.

Huddersfiled Town have a Head of Football operations that does this for the club and they produced 3 great articles describing the plan/philosophy at the club. It's something we should be looking at without doubt.

Worth reading them all.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-recruitment-part-1-832326.aspx

No one said the interview with Traynor covered that point..........look back and see.....your the first one who's said it

You eluded to it yourself by asking if the TRAYNOR interview 'covered' it and most folk were telling you that your Herald quote was put into context by the TRAYNOR interview.

I had just watched the interview myself and this was the first post I read after watching it, so it was fresh in my mind.

I do recommend you watch it as he said the same thing to TRAYNOR, but in that interview he embellished it slightly.

If Ally had said that he wants us to play a passing attacking game and has a plan to ensure the youth teams at all levels up to the first team play that way and training will be as much technique based as fitness based I think most would have been happy with that. It doesn't require lots of cash and its something that should not be affected by signings or players leaving or whatever just a promise to put attacking entertaining football on the menu.

You eluded to it yourself by asking if the TRAYNOR interview 'covered' it and most folk were telling you that your Herald quote was put into context by the TRAYNOR interview.

I had just watched the interview myself and this was the first post I read after watching it, so it was fresh in my mind.

I do recommend you watch it as he said the same thing to TRAYNOR, but in that interview he embellished it slightly.

No one said the quote was from the Traynor interview NO ONE

Magic just what we need another thread on this interview.... FFS

that's the whole point. The thread is about the Herald article but some seem unable to understand this

I probably need lessons from Mystic Meg......atrocious that I can't read what some people imagine was posted

It tells me I can't read minds

sorry about that

I don't think you need to be a mind reader mate....every post was highlighting the interview, did you think folk were just taking the piss and not wanting to answer your question? Surely to fuck you can work out that the interview clearly has some prominence and it would maybe be best for you to watch it? I assume you have watched it now?

Ally McCoist is absolutely right. As the manager, he has the hardest task of all. He has to focus entirely 1005 on the task at hand - winning the Scottish 2nd Division.

I would also ask what was Ally's interpretation of "long term plan" because a few questions later Traynor posed the question of where he plans for Rangers to be "in the next 5 years" and McCoist said the plan at the moment is to be back at the very top of the Scottish game, winning the top flight, winning cups and competing in the Champions League.

Some Rangers fans will never be happy and sadly it is their opinions which will be seeked and put across by those who wish to hurt as, no matter how small a percentage they are of the fan base.

I was very happy with the interview from start to finish. McCoist is absolutely spot on in many, many regards. We will not be picking up the best youngsters in our current position and if we are, then they would only be for this level and not ones who will be with us when we get to the SPL.

There are bargains out their to be picked up with no transfer fee and on small wages who will come in this year, next year, the following year and maybe even longer and will contribute more to the resurrection of this club than a youngster who could potentially flop and not make it in football never mind in the Scottish lower leagues with Rangers.

Also, I have to give credit to Traynor. It was obvious to tell that Ally and Traynor are friends and speak every day but they had that mutual respect for each other and their friendship to carry out a fiery debate which I would say was absolutely not staged because both got very hot under the collar when the pressures increased. They two will go away from that interview in the same healthy relationship as they went into it with and they will both be working to the best interests of Rangers Football Club.

Included in the credit to Traynor is the honestly to open admit he made a mistake when is media days were coming to an end saying that Rangers were gone as we know them. Every man, his dog and the dog's chew toy know Rangers are the same club and anybody who denies it is simply in denial themselves. "You know, after consulting corporate lawyers and so on you begin to see that it is the same club" and so on.

Great interview. Great to hear the real thoughts of Mr. McCoist - whether you believe them or not. Can't wait for the rest and also for the season ahead. Ally looks like he knows what he's doing when it comes to training, the fitness and so on. He knows last year was far from acceptable and is working hard to change that.

Onward and upward.

No, that's just being silly, but first and foremost he will accept any result to keep his bum parked in the managerial seat.

That may not be beneficial to Rangers in the long term as it's short term planning and something we've all witnessed before.

Most fans, In my opinion, would accept a few defeats every now and then if you could see something developing but last year we could see nothing hence the outcry.

I've not seen his new team yet so we will be able to see whether the football improves or whether he's happy to crawl over the line again as winning the league 'is the most important thing'.

:lol: Rangers fans would accept a few defeats? That's a new one. Plus, 'we could see nothing'? Speak for yourself.

It's impossible to plan for the long term at Rangers because, to paraphrase Richard Gough, we're always two bad results away from a crisis.

The football last season was a joke tbh. The fans were the only highlight of a turgid year.

There did not seem to be any progression or plan, hopefully now we have more stability and the players Ally wanted we will see something more easy on the eye.

I don't think you need to be a mind reader mate....every post was highlighting the interview, did you think folk were just taking the piss and not wanting to answer your question? Surely to fuck you can work out that the interview clearly has some prominence and it would maybe be best for you to watch it? I assume you have watched it now?

all it would have taken is for someone to have said "this article is from the Traynor interview and the quote is covered in it"....but nobody did....and not every post highlighted the interview. My own thoughts were people were just jumping in about an interview I hadn't seen

and no....I haven't watched it yet