Naismith goes on trial with League 2 side..

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but he is honking...we may be happy just to get him off the wage bill.

We say that about everybody if clubs think we will desperately offload every player we can then we will never get a fee again, other clubs have this crazy idea about getting transfer fees for under contract players even if they are shit, there is usually someone who will buy them.

For the past year people have talked about how bad Naismith is but now he's likely to lead people expect us to get a fee for him?

Exactly how much is a SFL3 standard squad player worth because it cannot be very much.

I see what you are saying, but at the same time, he isnt worth £0 is he?

For the past year people have talked about how bad Naismith is but now he's likely to lead people expect us to get a fee for him?

Exactly how much is a SFL3 standard squad player worth because it cannot be very much.

Yep. Some still don't actually understand where we find ourselves. Who's going to spend 10's of thousands, let alone 100's, on a spfl3 player? One who can't even get in the team either.

If Accrington would pay 5k for him should we get that 5k or say your alright we will give him you for free? Just because we can't get millions for someone doesn't mean we can't get anything for them.

Could see nothing in Naismith that would make us want to keep him,but wish him all the best.

You could argue that he was played out of position, but the writting is on the wall for this one. Do not want to see our youth team pumped out to all and sundry for hee haw. Rangers need to start seeing some benefite for developement at least. If we were trying to sign these boys from other teams we would be talking hard cash, and don't scoff at that.

And another thing, it wasn't too long ago these boys would have been paid YTS money and spent their time training and looking after the 1st team, nowadays their Prima Donnas, pissing about in their BMWs and Mercedes and whatever, no wonder they have attitude it's all handed to them on a plate..

You could argue that he was played out of position, but the writting is on the wall for this one. Do not want to see our youth team pumped out to all and sundry for hee haw. Rangers need to start seeing some benefite for developement at least. If we were trying to sign these boys from other teams we would be talking hard cash, and don't scoff at that.

Agreed, i don't want to lose our youngsters and people we have trained,looked after, nurtured, spent alot on, go for buttons as usual. It gets depressing.

You'd be lucky to get a fee of £5k for him in all honesty...never impressed me at all last season and plenty of other people in team look a lot better! At best he'd get a couple of opportunities next season so best for all he moves on.

I am surprised by this, i thought he would be staying, he has been at the club so long, thought he was getting established. I am a bit :(

I am not saying he was the greatest player but, i hope they don't get rid of all our youth to make way for these 'freebies' .

I'm glad you are not running our club to be fair. You get to caught up in sentiment judging by your posts....fact is Naismith is not very good....irrespective of his long he has been with us there is every chance these "freebies" are far superior players! Just like your comments re Alexander and novo you need to realise for us to prosper we can't get caught up in sentiment!

Ian mccoll commented when he went to partick on loan a few years ago he had been spoilt at Murray park and his attitude was poor....I don't actually think he will make it at league 2 level.

Although we are real easing him for free will we not still be entitled to a development fee???

Argiriou will be next to go I'd bet!

I am surprised by this, i thought he would be staying, he has been at the club so long, thought he was getting established. I am a bit :(

I am not saying he was the greatest player but, i hope they don't get rid of all our youth to make way for these 'freebies' .

I'm glad you are not running our club to be fair. You get to caught up in sentiment judging by your posts....fact is Naismith is not very good....irrespective of his long he has been with us there is every chance these "freebies" are far superior players! Just like your comments re Alexander and novo you need to realise for us to prosper we can't get caught up in sentiment!

Ian mccoll commented when he went to partick on loan a few years ago he had been spoilt at Murray park and his attitude was poor....I don't actually think he will make it at league 2 level.

Although we are releasing him for free will we not still be entitled to a development fee???

Argiriou will be next to go I'd bet!

Yep. Some still don't actually understand where we find ourselves. Who's going to spend 10's of thousands, let alone 100's, on a spfl3 player? One who can't even get in the team either.

Development fee because he's under 24 maybe??