Scab McCabe

ps95v7

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE boos flowed for his 21st birthday, but Rhys McCabe will always raise a glass to Rangers.

McCabe was the first player who chose not to stay at Gers following liquidation last summer.

His decision to quit for Sheffield Wednesday came just months after his top team breakthrough.

McCabe was blasted by Ibrox fans for walking away.

Then 5,000 Gers fans gave him pelters at Hillsborough in Wednesday night’s friendly.

McCabe admitted: “The reception I got was to be expected really. I thought it was going to be mixed.

“I’m a Rangers fan, but the way people see the way I left is up to them. It was tough to hear it. They brought down a big crowd for the game, fans I used to play in front of.

“They were the ones cheering for me back then. To see it turned around and to hear fans booing and stuff was hard to take.

“But you have just got to deal with it because you are not always going to have success all the way through your career.

“The reception I got was nothing I was not prepared for. I had to block it all out when I was on the pitch.

“If I had let it get to me then it would have encouraged the fans to get even more on my case.

“Whether it’s Rangers fans or supporters from other clubs, there are going to be people out there who don’t like you. The more professional I am about it the easier I can deal with it.

“The best way to respond is by doing your talking on the pitch.

“I feel I kept my head down on Wednesday and did the right things on the pitch.

“I have no hard feelings towards any Rangers players, coaching staff or fans. I thought they were great on Wednesday night.”

McCabe, who turned 21 on Wednesday, played in the youth and reserve teams with the likes of Lewis MacLeod and Andy Little, and he looked up to Lee McCulloch as he took his first steps in the first team.

He added: “Lee McCulloch was like a father figure when I broke into the first team. It was good to get a catch-up with everyone and see how they were doing.

“Jig had a few words in my ear out on the pitch.

“It was all laughs and jokes though. That’s Lee. I thought Rangers went about their business well as we did and treated it as more than a friendly.

“I’ve had a good pre-season, now I hope I can make an impact in the Championship with Wednesday this year.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/5034101/It-was-so-tough-to-hear-all-the-abuse-but-it-wont-stop-me-being-Gers-fan.html#ixzz2a6fi6mZu

THE boos flowed for his 21st birthday, but Rhys McCabe will always raise a glass to Rangers.

McCabe was the first player who chose not to stay at Gers following liquidation last summer.

His decision to quit for Sheffield Wednesday came just months after his top team breakthrough.

McCabe was blasted by Ibrox fans for walking away.

Then 5,000 Gers fans gave him pelters at Hillsborough in Wednesday night's friendly.

McCabe admitted: "The reception I got was to be expected really. I thought it was going to be mixed.

"I'm a Rangers fan, but the way people see the way I left is up to them. It was tough to hear it. They brought down a big crowd for the game, fans I used to play in front of.

"They were the ones cheering for me back then. To see it turned around and to hear fans booing and stuff was hard to take.

"But you have just got to deal with it because you are not always going to have success all the way through your career.

"The reception I got was nothing I was not prepared for. I had to block it all out when I was on the pitch.

"If I had let it get to me then it would have encouraged the fans to get even more on my case.

"Whether it's Rangers fans or supporters from other clubs, there are going to be people out there who don't like you. The more professional I am about it the easier I can deal with it.

"The best way to respond is by doing your talking on the pitch.

"I feel I kept my head down on Wednesday and did the right things on the pitch.

"I have no hard feelings towards any Rangers players, coaching staff or fans. I thought they were great on Wednesday night."

McCabe, who turned 21 on Wednesday, played in the youth and reserve teams with the likes of Lewis MacLeod and Andy Little, and he looked up to Lee McCulloch as he took his first steps in the first team.

He added: "Lee McCulloch was like a father figure when I broke into the first team. It was good to get a catch-up with everyone and see how they were doing.

"Jig had a few words in my ear out on the pitch.

"It was all laughs and jokes though. That's Lee. I thought Rangers went about their business well as we did and treated it as more than a friendly.

"I've had a good pre-season, now I hope I can make an impact in the Championship with Wednesday this year."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2a6fi6mZu

I do wish he'd shut up.