Ricksen Retirement Match

JamieG54

In my opinion, he's a legend to me. I first started properly supporting Rangers in 2001 when I was 6, so as it was the first team I ever saw at Rangers, the majority of that team were 'legends' to me, e.g, Klos, Ricksen, Amo, Ferguson, De Bour, Cannigia, etc.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, he's a legend to me. I first started properly supporting Rangers in 2001 when I was 6, so as it was the first team I ever saw at Rangers, the majority of that team were 'legends' to me, e.g, Klos, Ricksen, Amo, Ferguson, De Bour, Cannigia, etc.

There is no way Ricksen can be described as a Legend. That term is getting banded about too easily nowadays.

Fernando was deffo a few cans short of a 24 pack but he loved it at Rangers and most fans loved him. Not many men could come back from getting hooked after 13 minutes or whatever it was in his old firm debut. Went on to be a great player for us and that season where we played 3 in midfield with him Arteta and Ferguson was fucking outstanding.

I for one welcome Fernando back!

Ricksen never played midfield until 2004/05 season, Arteta and Ferguson were both long gone by then?

Where would you rate Ricksen in the pantheon of legends in your lifetime of watching Rangers? ie. who's above him and who's below him? I'm curious

I've just gave you a rep for "pantheon" awesome word....you shift f7 that one? ; )

I quess the term legend can be subjective very much to age, era, opinion etc. ricksen did a decent job for us, he had one excellent season but could also be a liability....who can forget bobby Petta ripping him to shreds on his old firm debut....bobby Petta...I like the idea of the link up but I can't imagine any potential game would generate a particularly big crowd....

Ricksen played much better when he was in the middle of the park. He did well in the 02/03 season and 04/05 but if that's what cements you as a legend now then we would have about 400 players in the Hall of Fame by now.

Ricksen never played midfield until 2004/05 season, Arteta and Ferguson were both long gone by then?

You reckon?

STUART McCALL reckons Fernando Ricksen's transformation from right-back to central midfield powerhouse has saved Rangers millions in the transfer market.

One of Alex McLeish's first priorities when he took over from Dick Advocaat at Ibrox last December was to find a central midfield partner to compliment Barry Ferguson.

A lack of cash and a crippling injury list left McLeish with little alternative but to switch Ricksen further forward from his usual defensive role.

It was only supposed to be a temporary measure but, despite the arrival of Mikel Arteta during the summer, Ricksen has remained a permanent fixture.

With each passing week he has grown into his new role and while the plaudits at Ibrox this season have been …

http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-93754580/football-fernan-dough-ricksen-ibrox-ace-s-midfield

I've just gave you a rep for "pantheon" awesome word....you shift f7 that one? ; )

I quess the term legend can be subjective very much to age, era, opinion etc. ricksen did a decent job for us, he had one excellent season but could also be a liability....who can forget bobby Petta ripping him to shreds on his old firm debut....bobby Petta...I like the idea of the link up but I can't imagine any potential game would generate a particularly big crowd....

Fuck no. Just part of my daily repertoire. I notice no answer has been given to the question

You reckon?

STUART McCALL reckons Fernando Ricksen's transformation from right-back to central midfield powerhouse has saved Rangers millions in the transfer market.

One of Alex McLeish's first priorities when he took over from Dick Advocaat at Ibrox last December was to find a central midfield partner to compliment Barry Ferguson.

A lack of cash and a crippling injury list left McLeish with little alternative but to switch Ricksen further forward from his usual defensive role.

It was only supposed to be a temporary measure but, despite the arrival of Mikel Arteta during the summer, Ricksen has remained a permanent fixture.

With each passing week he has grown into his new role and while the plaudits at Ibrox this season have been …

http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-93754580/football-fernan-dough-ricksen-ibrox-ace-s-midfield

Shows you what pish I know.