Guests during games

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I really don't get that attitude surely we want new fans as well as the loyal so I just don't get it

No we have a hardcore membership who keep this site going. All we ask is for the place to run smoothly when we can't be at the game during matches. Some of us don't do twitter so need the match thread. Over 400 guests for a friendly wae Dundee is some going. It should be members only about an hour before and during the game.

I don't give a shit if mr "not even a member" can't get in during a match thread.

If the majority of the guys who were in the match thread tonight stopped posting the site would be dead. Barely anything being posted. I'd happily pay a tenner a year or so to make this site exclusive

Admin can we not get some sort of blocker for the site during games to get all the guest cunts to fuck.... Not saying there all Tims, Pikey's or Gypo's No doubt some Bears among them but if Rangers fans want to find out info during the games they should sign up.

Turning into a farce every game now and that pishy Oops message is a baw burster!!!

I think there were only that amount of guests because you couldn't sign in...."oops somethings gone wrong!"

Its pretty annoying but as a former long time lurker even if they all sign up the server will still fail as the amount of users is the real issue I don't think it matters if they are members or guests. I would urge any true Bears who are guests to get signed up though, it's much more fun to take part than to just watch :matron:

Totally agree - 404 ghuests at one point? what is all that about? charge them all a pound each if they want to be on here during a game - would be a good fundraiser to buy a better server!

You could also give it to charity or prizes or whatever.

Any decent Bear who is not a member would happily pay a pound to be updated during a game.

Sort it out Admin, if we were that busy for a friendly what is it going to be like when the season is under way??

I would happily donate a pound (or more) for a better server!

:lol:

At least I won't need to worry about this sort of thing during our home matches, certainly is annoying. Does the same aspect occur during home games?

As folk know my finances dictated I couldn't make many games last season but in fairness it ran not too badly. But I don't recall that amount of folk for any the league games last year, maybe the likes of al bear etc who can only make a selection of games can remember but I thought it ran ok

No we have a hardcore membership who keep this site going. All we ask is for the place to run smoothly when we can't be at the game during matches. Some of us don't do twitter so need the match thread. Over 400 guests for a friendly wae Dundee is some going. It should be members only about an hour before and during the game.

I don't give a shit if mr "not even a member" can't get in during a match thread.

If the majority of the guys who were in the match thread tonight stopped posting the site would be dead. Barely anything being posted. I'd happily pay a tenner a year or so to make this site exclusive

I see your point

Being a regular and craving for match info and you get the oops thing is a pain

Spot on mate

Its pretty annoying but as a former long time lurker even if they all sign up the server will still fail as the amount of users is the real issue I don't think it matters if they are members or guests. I would urge any true Bears who are guests to get signed up though, it's much more fun to take part than to just watch :matron:

But if say the site struggles with over 800 folk on at the one time and say 250 of them don't have accounts but come into the match thread that means the site stops and the members suffer. It's a bit shit

Great post mate.

Bout 2 minutes.

I should have been more circumspect... :anguish:

I read a Boab article on Lee McCulloch from Newsnow and signed up right away!

Don't think I posted for a bit right enough but it's not fair on us, as rfc52 says.

As folk know my finances dictated I couldn't make many games last season but in fairness it ran not too badly. But I don't recall that amount of folk for any the league games last year, maybe the likes of al bear etc who can only make a selection of games can remember but I thought it ran ok

What are you implying...?

:P

I gave up posting , think I made one post it just kept crashing !

I made a witty post about peralta and his affiliation with the queen and it never posted :(

So sorry to say you guys missed my fantastic post

My thinking was that because lots of members/guests were attending the games the site probably didn't have as much viewers during home games. Away games etc you get more bears who can't attend and will come onto the site.

I just don't remember it ever being too busy. Well in saying that a couple of the defeats were fucking mingling I think it slowed way down then

That is spot on. I signed up here so I could discuss all things Rangers with Bears.

Sometimes I can't make matches so need threads to be working too and it pisses me off when ghests are taking the place of members!

I've been using Rangers Media as a guest for years as I wasn't bothered about getting into online debate, although I did enjoy reading and using it as a source of information. Since the transfer section became a members only section I signed up. I think the more reasons you give people to sign up, the better. If your not the type of person who likes public debate but enjoys reading everything else, what reason is there to sign up?

I made a witty post about peralta and his affiliation with the queen and it never posted :(

So sorry to say you guys missed my fantastic post

Should have seen my 'Get Ally tae Fuck...' post just before Peralta scored... Thank goodness that didn't post...

Sorry but I really don't get that attitude surely we want new fans as well as the loyal so I just don't get it

id prefer if these "new fans" signed up and got involved.

Not even sure that the guests have anything to do with the server issues. Half those guests will be googlebots and shite like that, due to us constantly posting tweets in the matchday thread.

Fuck this, i'm getting admin.