Is Ally bigger than the club?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried being polite before to see if you'd consider toning down the moral outrage, capital letter bolded nonsense. I'm hardly the only one who gets annoyed at you so if you want proper discussion you maybe need to consider how you come across.

Whatever, that's rubbish you have never really been polite to me ever.

Moral outrage that's rubbish. You feel that way fine keep to your self, just because you think this nonsense doesn't make it gospel. I think most of what you say I think is utter pish but you don't see me say it after everytime you post, the forum is not about you.

I am entitled to my opinion just as you are, I could say your 'moral outrage' when anyone disagrees with you, as you are usually a sheep agreeing with the popular opinions, which I don't do. . It's a free country and its ok to not agree with mainstream or god forbid not agree with Simply the best.

Enough pal I am so bored of seeing your name and these repetive arguments. I was as always not talking to you when I first spoke but you make some personal comments to me no matter what the thread is about.

As I said, JUST DON'T REPLY, IGNORE ME.

No Ally is not bigger than the Club, and yes if we were in the SPL and getting beat by teams like Forfar we would all be calling for his head.

But we are not and Ally is going nowhere so deal with it and try to keep the comments in order.

First post. Used to visit this site just to catch up with news and get some informed opinions.

Obviously Ally is not bigger than the club - however, no previous Rangers manager has ever had to work under such difficult circumstances. With the current uncertainty in the Boardroom what we need first and foremost is continuity in the dugout. Promotion will come, it has to, and maybe down the line when the boardroom situation is sorted then we can analyse whether or not Ally will be able to deliver success in the top tier.

Attitudes like this make me f***** sick, Ally giving us woeful and embarrasing performances? God so deluded.

That man is the reason we have a CLUB AT ALL!!!

If he had not picked up all the rotten ashes and helped us rise again, the shi*** he has had to put up, i dont think ANY MANAGER would have done better or dealt with it at all, they'd have been off.

I cannot believe the lack of respect and these ridiculous attitudes, i repeat, WITHOUT ALLY, we would not have a club to EMBARRASS YOU!!

Some people need to get a clue and stop blaming the wrong people. Pathetic.

See this is the problem. We back individuals instead of facts.

No offence intended whatsover towards Ally but what did he actually do to "save the club" ?

He laboured under really trying circumstances and received a considerable wage for doing so.

He gave us a spectacular soundbite which we could rally round in "We dont do walking away"

He conducted himself with dignity and in a manner which I would expect of a Rangers manager during our crisis.

But so did thousands and thousands of supporters - furthermore they invested in season tickets when neither the administration running us nor the division we were playing were particularly attractive. They followed the club home and away and showed loyalty of a kind which drew the world's press.

So please tell me what did Ally do exactly to save the club ?

No offence intended whatsover towards Ally but what did he actually do to "save the club" ?

He laboured under really trying circumstances and received a considerable wage for doing so.

He gave us a spectacular soundbite which we could rally round in "We dont do walking away"

He conducted himself with dignity and in a manner which I would expect of a Rangers manager during our crisis.

But so did thousands and thousands of supporters - furthermore they invested in season tickets when neither the administration running us nor the division we were playing were particularly attractive. They followed the club home and away and showed loyalty of a kind which drew the world's press.

Ah the fantastic old ALLY SINGLE HANDEDLY SAVED RANGERS line

He was the first person from the club to state we'd work or way up from the bottom if I remember correctly when everyone else bar our fans was stating '1st Division', imo that started a chain of events that the lower clubs felt more comfortable in placing us in the third division as they wouldn't have wanted to be made out the bad guys for doing so.

I suppose you can apply that sort of rationale to any argument to justify your comment ... fair enough if that's what you think. I know he did come out and say we want division 3 and kudos for that as that was and still is correct IMO

Whatever, that's rubbish you have never really been polite to me ever.

Moral outrage that's rubbish. You feel that way fine keep to your self, just because you think this nonsense doesn't make it gospel. I think most of what you say I think is utter pish but you don't see me say it after everytime you post, the forum is not about you.

I am entitled to my opinion just as you are, I could say your 'moral outrage' when anyone disagrees with you, as you are usually a sheep agreeing with the popular opinions, which I don't do. . It's a free country and its ok to not agree with mainstream or god forbid not agree with Simply the best.

Enough pal I am so bored of seeing your name and these repetive arguments. I was as always not talking to you when I first spoke but you make some personal comments to me no matter what the thread is about.

As I said, JUST DON'T REPLY, IGNORE ME.

I'll try, albeit you make your posts difficult to ignore.

I have the impression some parts of that were unpaid, I know some Fans don't like that version, but it was widely reported at the time. You should know yourself a good rallying call has won many a battle. Without the Fans nobody would have saved Rangers, nobody, Ally has stated that and also stated he was humbled by the support of the Fans. Also in fairness you would have to say Ally was a junior member of the team that saved Rangers.

I have the impression some parts of that were unpaid, I know some Fans don't like that version, but it was widely reported at the time. You should know yourself a good rallying call has won many a battle. Without the Fans nobody would have saved Rangers, nobody, Ally has stated that and also stated he was humbled by the support of the Fans.

But the assertion of the poster in question was that "Ally saved the club"

Im interested to hear what I have been missing.

But the assertion of the poster in question was that "Ally saved the club"

Im interested to hear what I have been missing.

When you have people attacking from all sides the siege mentality kicks in and its defend at all costs.

If don't know what he did you most be exteemy naive.

Yes to you that is what you saw on the outside but imagine what he did on the inside 24/7.

He i truly believe acted as mother and father to everyone, who do you think bucked up the spirits of the like 5 people who turned up to preseason. How hard it must have been to have the traitors leave after working with them so many years. then to try and convince everyone we would still be ok. Many of the signings have said once they spoke to Ally it really convinced them that it would be ok.

On a day to day basis you can't imagine what he had to put up with . All the sanctions and the bans and trying to convince anyone to come to the third division whether its Rangers or not .

To pick up the paper or put on the news to constantly read the abuse every corner gave us and Ally. It's aged him everyone can see that and he really didnt need to do.

What thanks does he get for probably worrying not only about our club but HIS CLUB, he is a fan at heart. It is his true love and passion for this club that you would find hard to find elsewhere. It is that love that has kept them here. Would you like to have your face plastered everyone about how terrible you are when you really have given everything.

It really astounds me to think everyday what they go through particulalry Ally, Kenny and Ian.

The sad excuse of he is getting paid, yes but so many would have thought I don't this constant abuse and pressure.

It's really so sad what thanks he gets for all his hard work, his own fans want to kick him out the door. It's like thanks Ally for sorting everything for really bringing everyone together, for really fighting to help to us play again but goodbye Ally.

It's disgusting, thankfully everyone I speak to about can fully appreciate and respect just WHAT he has done, it's pretty shocking you can't .

If don't know what he did you most be exteemy naive.

Yes to you that is what you saw on the outside but imagine what he did on the inside 24/7.

He i truly believe acted as mother and father to everyone, who do you think bucked up the spirits of the like 5 people who turned up to preseason. How hard it must have been to have the traitors leave after working with them so many years. then to try and convince everyone we would still be ok. Many of the signings have said once they spoke to Ally it really convinced them that it would be ok.

On a day to day basis you can't imagine what he had to put up with . All the sanctions and the bans and trying to convince anyone to come to the third division whether its Rangers or not .

To pick up the paper or put on the news to constantly read the abuse every corner gave us and Ally. It's aged him everyone can see that and he really didnt need to do.

What thanks does he get for probably worrying not only about our club but HIS CLUB, he is a fan at heart. It is his true love and passion for this club that you would find hard to find elsewhere. It is that love that has kept them here. Would you like to have your face plastered everyone about how terrible you are when you really have given everything.

It really astounds me to think everyday what they go through particulalry Ally, Kenny and Ian.

The sad excuse of he is getting paid, yes but so many would have thought I don't this constant abuse and pressure.

It's really so sad what thanks he gets for all his hard work, his own fans want to kick him out the door. It's like thanks Ally for sorting everything for really bringing everyone together, for really fighting to help to us play again but goodbye Ally.

It's disgusting, thankfully everyone I speak to about can fully appreciate and respect just WHAT he has done, it's pretty shocking you can't .

He will never be a football manager and you can dress it up any way you like.

Nobody is bigger than the club, ally will always be a rangers legend no matter what ends up happening regarding his position as manager, and we should never forget what ally done for this club last year, all without pay, and no doubt disruption to his family life. Rangers legend but no way bigger than the club.

No single person is bigger than the club but Ally is still here because he deserves time to show his wirth on. Level playing field and not because he is untouchable

This, I also think ally will take us up to the next division then somone else will take the reigns.

Of course no one is. But Super surely has been hearing/reading in the last year that 'He saved the club..." "He IS the club..." "Without Ally, there would be no club..." and so on.

Perhaps Ally feels he is now bigger than the club? I know the support don't think so... (tu)

He's not... Mr. Struth wasn't.... No one is.

He will never be a football manager and you can dress it up any way you like.

haha, what a comeback response. You realise that your comments were wrong, we are bloody lucky to have him as our manager. If you don't think he has done enough or is worthy enough, i saw Celtic on SSN, and there was plenty of free seats there, and they have a lovely manager(haha) you could support instead.

NO WAY DOES ALLY THINK HE IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!!!

These attitudes are a disgrace.

No he is not,leave the guy alone ffs... He is trying his best in very demanding circumstances. Let the guy get his own team on the park in September and then judge him. Going by the Newcastle game the other night we have plenty to look forward to..... Tell me why is everyone so negative in this country ? Quick to jump on someone's back when things go a miss but never praise people when they do good. The mentality is outrageous!

No he is not,leave the guy alone ffs... He is trying his best in very demanding circumstances. Let the guy get his own team on the park in September and then judge him. Going by the Newcastle game the other night we have plenty to look forward to..... Tell me why is everyone so negative in this country ? Quick to jump on someone's back when things go a miss but never praise people when they do good. The mentality is outrageous!

Finally someone with some F****** sense. It is amazing how people love to knock people down, but its a disgrace when so many others do it our so called 'fans' are doing

But of Course, I am sure they are absolutely brilliant in everything they do in life, and wouldnt be bothered if their faces were plastered on the news and every paper saying what a terrible .... you are..