Is McCoist gone yet?

WVB

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The greatest ever Ranger got the sack with a lot better managerial record than our record goalscorer has.

:lol:

You said Ally was the greatest ever Ranger. I remember it well. It was a gushing endorsement. You even said he had overtaken your hero Jock Wallace. And this was during Ally's management career, when his football was pish but we were all glad to have him at the helm during a tough time. It was the populist thing to say back then, and you really do love to play to the gallery, don't you? I don't think you have any genuine convictions at all, just whatever will get you the most reps. It's truly pitiful.

You said Ally was the greatest ever Ranger. I remember it well.

So what I say supercedes the vote taken by the Rangers support as a whole?

Really?

Thanks for your support (not that I need it).

Dear me, with the greatest of respect, some of that just sounds daft.

That's more or less what someone said when the argument was made that the world was not, indeed flat.

McCoist was the ONLY one......of significance. I think the rest of the backroom staff (that you'd sack) worked for free also with no recompense of their wages. None of the players did. Let it be clear.....Ally MCoist didn't earn one penny from Rangers for 6 months. All the players were paid.

Does such a great figurehead make a great manager? No. Of course not. I've never argued that.

Ah....Perry was great and McCoist made him bad? Yeah? So has McCoist made McLeod great? I mean, if you're ruining one players career randomly by training............

2012-13 QOS were a better team than 2012-13 Rangers....accept it.....better trained....FULL TIME.......better familiarity.....Rangers had been together HOURS when they started....Queens were a shit hot team for their division....they proved it.

What did Ally do?

He signed their best player....to play in the same division he's just set records in.....lol....ever so clueless.

So what I say supercedes the vote taken by the Rangers support as a whole?

Really?

Thanks for your support (not that I need it).

Apparently it did then. Not now though. Convenient.

We may just pray that when your head has finished turning, your face is to the front again.

You said Ally was the greatest ever Ranger. I remember it well. It was a gushing endorsement. You even said he had overtaken your hero Jock Wallace. And this was during Ally's management career, when his football was pish but we were all glad to have him at the helm during a tough time. It was the populist thing to say back then, and you really do love to play to the gallery, don't you? I don't think you have any genuine convictions at all, just whatever will get you the most reps. It's truly pitiful.

Yup. The "greatest ever Ranger" line was one he actually used regularly when talking about McCoist, it's went from that to a sarcastic use of the word 'legend' when describing him now.

Fucking sociopath.

You sure have, post #229, was a truly classic bit of deflection ;)

6 years I've been on here (bans notwithstanding)........It'd be a poor man who hadn't learned deflection tactics afer 6 years.

Or Ally McCoist!

Dear me, with the greatest of respect, some of that just sounds daft.

That's more or less what someone said when the argument was made that the world was not, indeed flat.

McCoist was the ONLY one......of significance. I think the rest of the backroom staff (that you'd sack) worked for free also with no recompense of their wages. None of the players did. Let it be clear.....Ally MCoist didn't earn one penny from Rangers for 6 months. All the players were paid.

Does such a great figurehead make a great manager? No. Of course not. I've never argued that.

Ah....Perry was great and McCoist made him bad? Yeah? So has McCoist made McLeod great? I mean, if you're ruining one players career randomly by training............

2012-13 QOS were a better team than 2012-13 Rangers....accept it.....better trained....FULL TIME.......better familiarity.....Rangers had been together HOURS when they started....Queens were a shit hot team for their division....they proved it.

What did Ally do?

He signed their best player....to play in the same division he's just set records in.....lol....ever so clueless.

He signed their best player for a free, he brought in Law, Bell, Mohsni and others, could anybody bring in these players, could any manager.

Yeah....that's what they say.

That's what we said of Lennon not so long ago.

Let's look at it....you've Ally McCoist, legend, supporter at the helm....wins all leagues to SPL. Is that not enough? Given what we've been through?

If he fails then after two shots at it....sack him.

But let's replace him with non, legend, non-supporter.....what if he's worse?

You're all assuming some guy will walk in and fix everything right away.

Therein lies the flaw.

Can't you see that?

It'll never be enough for some, nothing will. Their minds - such as they are - were made up long ago.

It's heartbreaking reading some of the stuff on here because for most of us McCoist is a childhood hero.

It's his job to turn the players he has got into a good and attractive team. He has failed to do that.

Has he now - curiously, some of those demanding he's sacked now were singing the praises of the team's performances when the new players featured.

And unless my eyes have completely failed me - I enjoyed some of the football we watched last season. That's true despite the awful inconsistency we suffered. We still romped the league. And I'm equally certain I watched players like MacLeod and McKay coming on during the season.

thats his opinion, john greig was voted the greatest ever ranger and still holds that title, thats who WVB was on about

I am well aware of that. My point is that a year or so ago, WVB was saying quite emphatically that "Ally McCoist is the greatest ever Ranger", not "in my opinion". Now he's sarcastically calling him a "legend" (his inverted commas) and saying John Greig is the greatest ever Ranger again. Now, Ally is not doing any better or worse as a manager than he was when WVB made this enthusiastic endorsement. All that has changed is that nobody wants to hear that any more.

I'm just not sure why I should take any of his posts seriously now. Who knows when he'll do a complete 180 degree turn for no apparent reason.

It's heartbreaking reading some of the stuff on here because for most of us McCoist is a childhood hero.

Its heartbreaking watching a club legend make a pigs ear of the job.

It was heartbreaking when Jock Wallace couldn't re-ignite the club in the 80s.

It was heartbreaking watching John Greigs teams slide into oblivion.

Much as we'd all love to be saying how good a job McCoist is doing, and how his brand of football is good to watch....................the facts show the complete opposite.

This is our club, just like it is for thousands of other Bears................and he needs to walk away, for the good of Rangers.

After watching from the terraces against Forfar nothing has been learned, awful tactics and bloody marvin was supported more by our fans.

I love Ally but Jesus Christ after that show for a league cup game there is not 1 excuse I will accept. If it had been 3years ago his feet would not have touched the ground.

As a fan and someone who puts a lot of time,money and effort into supporting our club he's not the man for job sorry troops just my thoughts.

I am well aware of that. My point is that a year or so ago, WVB was saying quite emphatically that "Ally McCoist is the greatest ever Ranger", not "in my opinion". Now he's sarcastically calling him a "legend" (his inverted commas) and saying John Greig is the greatest ever Ranger again. Now, Ally is not doing any better or worse as a manager than he was when WVB made this enthusiastic endorsement. All that has changed is that nobody wants to hear that any more.

I'm just not sure why I should take any of his posts seriously now. Who knows when he'll do a complete 180 degree turn for no apparent reason.

You take my posts seriously?

No life eh?

Its heartbreaking watching a club legend make a pigs ear of the job.

It was heartbreaking when Jock Wallace couldn't re-ignite the club in the 80s.

It was heartbreaking watching John Greigs teams slide into oblivion.

Much as we'd all love to be saying how good a job McCoist is doing, and how his brand of football is good to watch....................the facts show the complete opposite.

This is our club, just like it is for thousands of other Bears................and he needs to walk away, for the good of Rangers.

Ally walking away now, with the boardroom in meltdown and 8 players sanctioned for him waiting in the wings, would be an absolute travesty.

Spending years as a pundit, and quiz show contestant is not the usual career path for a football manager.

When that football manager is in charge of the greatest club in the world, that rule applies even more.

He was assistant to Walter for both Rangers and the National side. Goodness knows why you would choose to ignore that.