Is McCoist gone yet?

WVB

Stop living in the past. How are allys goals and walters trophies going to help us progress in the future?

Ive asked this question plenty of times tonight. Maybe you will answer.

Are you willing to sacrifice good football and a progressive business model just because ally and walter are club legends?

We played good football last week, not about legends, if Green was royalty I would step back, he is not,,, In Walter I trust & Ally, not agreeing that they are in the right Job but short term cup defeats painful as they are don't Justify the Ally Walter out,,,,,

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I hear people saying that in our darkest hours no matter the results short term why the fuck would Rangers supporters want Walter & Ally gone..

Are you incapable of seeing the bigger picture ??

Take Ally's goals and Walters Trophies out of the equation .........then bitch

Smith was a figurehead, no more no less, in his role as chairman, and, was happy enough to see him there

I want ally gone, simply because I would like to see some good football, and us to win trophies. Simple really

I can only assume that Ally is staying around for financial reasons. Why walk away from that kind of salary in todays job market? He cannot be having any kind of job satisfaction at the moment and unfortunately for him that does not look like changing anytime soon thanks to CGs new found zeal for the club and WS resignation. Sadly for him he does not have a CV that would open any immediate doors for him in football at the moment. However still a legend !!!

Stop living in the past. How are allys goals and walters trophies going to help us progress in the future?

Ive asked this question plenty of times tonight. Maybe you will answer.

Are you willing to sacrifice good football and a progressive business model just because ally and walter are club legends?

The way I see it, Ally won the league last year, he'll win it this year, we dont NEED to win a cup, not to survive or progress as a club. It would be nice, and yes the result was embarrassing. But McCoist has never done anything to harm the club, its not like us being out of the cup will signal financial ruin for the club, at least I hope not.

If this time last year someone had offered you the bare minimum, which is pretty much what we're getting, youd have gladly accepted it. McCoist has been disappointing, but I believe some are over reacting a bit. He hasnt had a single season where he can just get down to it and manage the team the same way every other manager in the country does.

Tin hat on.....I listened to the first 5 minutes or so of Clyde and Gordon D repeatedly saying he felt sorry for Ally. Well I'm thinking feeling sorry for Ally? On a £900k PA salary in the 3rd tier of Scottish football that we cannot really afford. One who loses to the mighty Forfar and put out of how many competitions in 3 years?!! Repeatedly undermining Charles, the then CEO. Great advert for loyalty? Sorry Gordon, appears like the old fellow professional footballer pals act, of whom very few would piss on a football fan if we were on fire. ''Sorry'', I will leave for those better managers who deliver much more on much less and receive little recognition for their efforts and get seriously fucked about by their owners. Sorry I will leave for those troops who put their life on the line for two bob a week! Sorry I will leave for those unfortunates who cannot put a roof over their heads. Sorry I will leave for all those unfortunates for one reason or another find themselves in a bad situation through no fault of their own. For £900k this trout has been winging and moaning, undermining his employers at every turn, wasting my money and my time, whilst using every excuse in the book and blaming everyone else for HIS failings. As the saying goes, you cannot fool all of the people all of the time and you reap what you so. Hopefully by start of business tomorrow you have reaped or have done the honourable thing for the club that you say you love and that we never, ever hear you decry those that had faith in you and paid you so handsomely that it was obscene. Remember they and we ARE the club. YOU are NOT! Like in every other walk of life, if you feel that bad about your employer you fuck off. Now please do one! Then there is your sugar Daddy Walter. The board votes against him and he spits out the dummy. A fine leader he turned out to be NOT!

Its simply a case of Rangers fans being like spoiled rotten by years of winning everything, we witnessed the best years for our club under Murray, but we're paying the price now, some need to be a bit more realistic.

Nice to see you again WVB. Your fishing trips are legendary! ;)

I have no idea what to believe any more. I just want it sorted. I would just hate for McCoist to leave and someone else take the credit for being a success with his team. That said, Ally's only got himself to blame for some baffling lack of tactics.

Its simply a case of Rangers fans being like spoiled rotten by years of winning everything, we witnessed the best years for our club under Murray, but we're paying the price now, some need to be a bit more realistic.

Yeah because expecting to beat Forfar in the first round of the league cup is unrealistic

We played good football last week, not about legends, if Green was royalty I would step back, he is not,,, In Walter I trust & Ally, not agreeing that they are in the right Job but short term cup defeats painful as they are don't Justify the Ally Walter out,,,,,

We played good football for the first time in months. I trust walter and ally more than anyone associated with Rangers. I do not trust that they are good enough at thier respective jobs.

Its always excuses with ally. He threw away 15 points to them before admin. He had all of last season to prove he was capable of creating a good fotballing team. Also the players that he put out last week should have been more than good enough to go over forfar. Lets fet one thing straight. Ally is Rangers manager because if who he is, not what he is capable of and thats the sad truth im afraid.

Yeah because expecting to beat Forfar in the first round of the league cup is unrealistic

It's not even that mate its the fact Ally still hasn't learned his lessons despite games like this happening this time last year.

Watching the game we could all see it yet he fails to understand what to do and that can't be allowed to continue just because of what he did as a player.

Tin hat on.....I listened to the first 5 minutes or so of Clyde and Gordon D repeatedly saying he felt sorry for Ally. Well I'm thinking feeling sorry for Ally? On a £900k PA salary in the 3rd tier of Scottish football that we cannot really afford. One who loses to the mighty Forfar and put out of how many competitions in 3 years?!! Repeatedly undermining Charles, the then CEO. Great advert for loyalty? Sorry Gordon, appears like the old fellow professional footballer pals act, of whom very few would piss on a football fan if we were on fire. ''Sorry'', I will leave for those better managers who deliver much more on much less and receive little recognition for their efforts and get seriously fucked about by their owners. Sorry I will leave for those troops who put their life on the line for two bob a week! Sorry I will leave for those unfortunates who cannot put a roof over their heads. Sorry I will leave for all those unfortunates for one reason or another find themselves in a bad situation through no fault of their own. For £900k this trout has been winging and moaning, undermining his employers at every turn, wasting my money and my time, whilst using every excuse in the book and blaming everyone else for HIS failings. As the saying goes, you cannot fool all of the people all of the time and you reap what you so. Hopefully by start of business tomorrow you have reaped or have done the honourable thing for the club that you say you love and that we never, ever hear you decry those that had faith in you and paid you so handsomely that it was obscene. Remember they and we ARE the club. YOU are NOT! Like in every other walk of life, if you feel that bad about your employer you fuck off. Now please do one! Then there is your sugar Daddy Walter. The board votes against him and he spits out the dummy. A fine leader he turned out to be NOT!

Boom! Dinners out folks.

Excellent post sir.

First year was the Whyte bombshell - McCoist held us together. I can't offer him any greater praise.

Second year was the no transfer ban and no pre-season. Still McCoist delivered the title despite the hellish inconsistency to be expected of a very inexperienced team laced with some very poor players.

Third year to date - finally able to secure players who can play freely after 1/9. Get's them involved in pre-season with early reports suggesting we have a team to be reckoned with.

Loses at Forfar and some supporters wreck the pram holding the toys because chucking them about the place simply isn't dramatic enough.

If McCoist doesn't cut it when he as a normal season then he'll have to go - but I don't doubt for one second he'll know it and do the right thing without prompting.

Agree with this

I genuinely can't see how people can't get some perspective. I read a post yesterday about how Mr Struth would be turning in his grave at letting Green back.

Imagine how Mr Struth would have reacted to Saturdays result or the many that came before this.

It's not even that mate its the fact Ally still hasn't learned his lessons despite games like this happening this time last year.

Watching the game we could all see it yet he fails to understand what to do and that can't be allowed to continue just because of what he did as a player.

Yeah, but he has a job for life to be honest. He will survive the chop AGAIN because (going on Traynor's comments tonight) Green will be forced back off the board again and made to sell up. Bet they bring the EGM forward to end of this week and get it done just in time to save Super Ally from the chop again.

To be honest might just log off this for a week or so and not come back until this mess is over. If it's no the personal abuse I'm getting it's the brain washed fans who still can't give me a straight answer as to why Green is a crook and a snake then on top of that you've got the invasion from FollowFollow, guys with post counts of 20 all saying the same thing ... yawnnnn zzz

£900k PA! Fucking cringe worthy when you look at performances. As for Ally, he certainly isn't any God of mine, nor does he put any bread on my plate and the same goes for Walter. Bottom line, I want value for money, entertainment, sustainability and good governance of our Club. Those previously mentioned have seriously damaged all of that. We just never learn. As for keeping the support united, they both are doing a fine job of splitting it a mile wide!! Wake up and smell the coffee FFS. Yes there are personal agendas at work that would do the Jesuit oath proud!

Normally,, NO,,, at the moment, totally,,, players, Manager, Chairman, all undermined by Charlie..

I would have preferred if they let us know when he left rather than wait for his return before unleashing their views..

Imagine for a moment your working as a creative person ??

Your boss went public proclaiming you were the worst creative person in 141 years .......

He gets the bullet, new boss gives you a thumbs up ... then the old boss is back again ???

Would you play your heart out ? or think fuck giving him the money if we get through ??????

Yeah, but he has a job for life to be honest. He will survive the chop AGAIN because (going on Traynor's comments tonight) Green will be forced back off the board again and made to sell up. Bet they bring the EGM forward to end of this week and get it done just in time to save Super Ally from the chop again.

To be honest might just log off this for a week or so and not come back. If it's no the personal abuse I'm getting it's the brain washed fans who still can't give me a straight answer as to why Green is a crook and a snake then on top of that you've got the invasion from FollowFollow, guys with post counts of 20 all saying the same thing ... yawnnnn zzz

Well don't leave for too long and leave me to listen to all that mince!

I can see Ally staying now too which is not going to help at all, papering over the cracks once again when deep down we all know he hasn't got it in him as a manager. There's no shame in it and we went thought this with Greig many years ago too, remember people saying the same things back then about it all working out in time...

The writing has been on the wall for a while for Ally and for the good of the football team he should be replaced.

£900k PA! Fucking cringe worthy when you look at performances. As for Ally, he certainly isn't any God of mine, nor does he put any bread on my plate and the same goes for Walter. Bottom line, I want value for money, entertainment, sustainability and good governance of our Club. Those previously mentioned have seriously damaged all of that. We just never learn. As for keeping the support united, they both are doing a fine job of splitting it a mile wide!! Wake up and smell the coffee FFS. Yes there are personal agendas at work that would do the Jesuit oath proud!

I don't think you ask too much.

I was replying to a post saying it was straightforward to win these leagues.

I gave the example of Q.O.S last season to refute this, as any team in this league last season would have had to beat their performance which was phenomenal.

I qualified this by saying you can't influence results played amongst other teams i.e Q.O.S would still have set a record points total for the division with Rangers in the league. Unless Rangers eclipsed it obviously.

Ergo....it ain't that fucking easy.

To tie it to the O.P and the 'McCoist is clueless argument' many have said....I stated he's just signed the record goalscorer from Queens who was largely responsible for that record tally in the division.

That doesn't seem clueless....it seems very fucking sound logic actually.

So I kinda tied two points into one.....the fact the division is easy....it's not....and the fact Ally is clueless....he's not.

Hope I've made it clear. (tu)

Yip... Bit jet lagged ta.

However the clueless argument is about tacticts, motivation, systems, philosophy. I dont think he becomes less clueless by signing Nicky Clark...... It is not a strong enough point imo.

You do realise the Scottish cup can lead to a European place dont you? (check about SFA dispensation on the 3 years aspect before replying), and, when did Rangers stop wanting to win everything they entered??

The cups are far from our priority....our priority is to get back ASAP to the SPL. We are not good enough right now to win a cup. I accept that.

he had the chance to completely revitalise us, and chose not to, or is incapable

Did he? He had to put a team on the park and galvanise an entire club. Have you seen what's going on? He had to work with that. Pre-season was a joke....boardroom fights 24/7.....no Rangers manager and few managers have faced that. Re-vitalise us? He didn't know he had a job till the season started, nor many others.

I could have won the league with a team made up of members of this board

Pish.

well, I can also base it on last season, and the season before, hence, how many chances?

Chances to do what? He won the league.

and have been constantly since he took over, and, also in the first half of cup games prior to Smith rescuing us at half time the season before!

Smith never faced this. No Rangers manager ever has. He had to win the league. He did.

he has had many, and managed to turn one of his biggest fans against him

I guess I'm more loyal.

totally disagree, that is not his job, simply a small part of it

His job is to win leagues and get us back to the SPL. What do you think it is?

oh to be sarky, the SPL doesnt exist anymore ;) And, I did judge him in that, 2 season ago, he flopped and threw away a 15 point lead

Rangers went into admin for the first time in their history. Think the players didn't know weeks beforehand?

am i a non-gers fan? Dont follow that one

Anyone with a brain knows there are Celtic fans gleefully ripping Ally in this thread.

Can you quote properly next time....that took ages....ta (tu)

Normally,, NO,,, at the moment, totally,,, players, Manager, Chairman, all undermined by Charlie..

I would have preferred if they let us know when he left rather than wait for his return before unleashing their views..

Imagine for a moment your working as a creative person ??

Your boss went public proclaiming you were the worst creative person in 141 years .......

He gets the bullet, new boss gives you a thumbs up ... then the old boss is back again ???

Would you play your heart out ? or think fuck giving him the money if we get through ??????

So it's all Green's fault then for the Forfar result :lol: see the depths some people will sink to to avoid the truth from under their noses...

For the record, if I was a player and someone said that about me, it would inspire me to go out there and prove him wrong.

Anyone with a brain knows there are Celtic fans gleefully ripping Ally in this thread.

Bloody hell.............we can't speak the plain truth, because a few terrorist supporting paedophiles are having a laugh about it?

I couldn't give a fuck what the bheasts are saying, but I'll tell you right now, they'll be laughing long and hard (and with good reason) if McCoist keeps his job.

You are intent on defending the indefensible, carry on. I'll get on with supporting the club, you back the manager.