Nicky Clark

Del

I think Nicky Clark could be one of our best signings this season!

Guys like Daly, Law and Mohsni have made the headlines but I think we are onto a winner with Clark.

He has looked good in pre-season and again last night he stood out for me, he looked fast and looked really good off the ball, his touch was decent and he done really well to win the penalty...

Plus he has already proven himself in this division and scored a load of goals last season and I would start him before the mis-firing Little on Saturday, although I don't know what the team will shape up like with the trialist restrictions.

I know that Mohsni has done really well whenever I have seen him and I hope that Nicky gets the chance to show us what he can do, hopefully upfront!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thot he was excellent last night. He worked really hard, made space and looks to have a good understanding with daly, who I also thot was excellent.

Hopefully they get the chance to play as a partnership.

He looked skillfull and quick! Only a matter of time before he starts scoring. Daly has a clear role in the team..hold the ball up and pass it on - He does that VERY well!

We ARE going to see a very different team come september.. I, for one, am looking forward to it :)

Was it 1st Jan who said he hadn't looked great during pre season(before last night) ??

Be interesting to see if he starts regularly, where does that leave Little?

I thought he has been decent...people will have different opinions, the past 2 games ive been at people have been saying Daly is awful but his link up play has been excellent!

I would put Andy Little back out on the right but we have chopped and changed formation so I dont really know, wouldnt do him any harm to sit out a few though.

Was it 1st Jan who said he hadn't looked great during pre season(before last night) ??

Be interesting to see if he starts regularly, where does that leave Little?

Having to work harder to get back in, and then taking his chance when he does. The way it should be

He needs to get that first Rangers goal for himself though. It's all well and good saying he banged in 40+ goals for Queen of the South but if he doesn't get that first Gers goal it will weigh on him. Just look at what happened to Sandaza (I'm not comparing them).

Saying that, on the highlights from last night, second half, he had a lovely touch to flick it past the defender and then produced a cracking saving from the Newcastle goalie. Very unlucky. Hopefully, he gets his first goal soon.

Clark needs the balls directed to HIM at QUEENS he was their finisher and everyone handed the guy the ball. They have done well so far this season but they are no winning by stupid amounts of goals.

We need to ensure that this wee guy gets fed as many oppertunities as possible the guy IS that GOOD!!

Nicky needs a few goals under his belt to help gain confidence.

I just hope the pressure of playing at Rangers doesnt get to him and he gets to play as freely as he did last season, he's proven he has the ability.

There has been many a case of talented players playing for us over the years under performing, multiple reasons I guess.

we have to start with clark asap. from what I have seen from litle so far this season it appears he couldn't hit a barn door every shot has flew high or wide. yes he gives us 100% and is full of energy and running but at the end of the day we need someone to put the ball in the net and that isn't little.