Strange sightings in London today

God save the Queen is not the Scottish National anthem, Flower of Scotland is.... shouldn't even be the English one... it is the British one, the should get their own!

I know we crossed words earlier and agreed to move on but Flower Of Scotland is not the Scottish national anthem. It's adopted for certain sporting events and over and above that it shouldn't be allowed due to it's anti-English sentiment ... loads of other good Scottish songs that would be more rousing and more suitable all round.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither is god save the queen mate.

The fans boo'd GSTQ tonight cos the English boo'd the fuck out of FoS

and what about the N.Ireland, Lichenstein and Moldova games where the other two simply had the same tune? please don't make excuses for them mate

Watched the game tonight with conflicting emotions. Wanted us to get gubbed before it started, then the old thing kicked in.

Bit sneaky that shit.

How many of you on here really wanted us to lose?

I had conflicting emotions too but I just tried to enjoy a cracking game and was pleased with both teams performances I did crack a smile when Miller scored as I did when Lambert scored as you could see what the goals meant to them.

GSTQ is the British national anthem and Scotland is in Britain. Flower of Scotland is some song harping on about the 14th century.

You could say the GSTQ is about a German Queen who has no right to sit on the throne of Great Britain if you were wanting to being really picky!

So what happens if Scotland win independence? will we as a club simply stopping singing GSTQ and Rule Britania?

and what about the N.Ireland, Lichenstein and Moldova games where the other two simply had the same tune? please don't make excuses for them mate

Cannot be bothered into another one with you.. it is a waste of both of our time.

I gave a reason as to why I think GSTQ was boo'd tonight, and that is because the boo's were louder than the start of FoS.. take it or leave it dude.

Ever think that the reason it might get booed is that the English appropriate it and use it for their own purposes, along with anything else you can think of that suggests "British" identity?

and why not? are the English not allowed to be British and proud or something? if it wasn't for English pushing the angle hardly anything like that would get done.

Cannot be bothered into another one with you.. it is a waste of both of our time.

I gave a reason as to why I think GSTQ was boo'd tonight, and that is because the boo's were louder than the start of FoS.. take it or leave it dude.

I'll leave it - as it's just an excuse for something more underlying and deep rooted (games I mentioned being an example)

and why not? are the English not allowed to be British and proud or something? if it wasn't for English pushing the angle hardly anything like that would get done.

The English have no national identity. That's why they have to misappropriate British identity. The irritating thing is that it comes so easily to them. Not because they're proud to be British, but because they don't see any difference between being English and British. That is a problem.

The English have no national identity. That's why they have to misappropriate British identity. The irritating thing is that it comes so easily to them. Not because they're proud to be British, but because they don't see any difference between being English and British. That is a problem.

I think saying no national identity is a bit of an exaggeration. They are in the most part proud to be both and embrace both. Absolutely no problem with that. I wish we were the same.

You could say the exact same about N.Ireland?

I'd be quite happy for the old 3rd verse to return

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, and like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God save the King.

Rebellious Scot's should be crushed.

This all day long, i have boo'd god save the queen before , and i'm a huge royalist, i do it because its their anthem it should never in a million years be there anthem as its British not English, but then they have no culture no songs or anything so what else could they sing about? But aye i agree people are taking it way too seriously, they bood ours wee boo theirs its a rivalry ffs

You're a disgrace. Its your anthem too, when did you boo it when you played us? Have a word with yourself