Why Celtic fans shouldn't take the Broomloan Stand

jdonald755

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should only give them the broomloan front and have a pie sale at the kiosks for this game.

The charity minded bears among us who are in the rear of the stand could donate some foodstuffs to the hungry beggars during the game.

I know they are there for security reasons but we need to work something else out for the matches against them in the future. Keep them out of sight of the Sky cameras which is what they do to us. Give them fuck all coverage. Give our team an advantage by having us behind both goals. Not to mention the fact they get a bigger percentage than they give us !

Great idea .Problem is our club don't have a backbone and Police would never allow change that meant they had to work for their money .The security cameras have all been set up for certain areas .Sadly not a chance

Surely it all adds to the occasion? I love to hear us out singing them at the piggery & wouldn't want our large travelling support to be denied briefs as would be the most likely outcome. I genuinely can't wait to see this game again no matter what most say... I'm sure deep down most of you feel the same. Try getting a ticket for the first time they come here after we get back up or better still a cup game this season.

Remember the sleepless nights before, the adrenalin, the nerves that lead to the 3 toilet trips (before breki) & the alcohol flowing on a Sunday morning & accepted by the wife as normal behaviour. I know we hate them & vice versa but for me this is what football is all about at its best. Pure 100% tribalism. WATP

We should be boycotting the piggery anyway

Sounds great in theory as they're our most hated rivals but it will serve no purpose other than to leave our team in a pit of slavering parasites.

We wouldn't be depriving them of any money by doing it and it would never be unanimous anyway.

Each to their own though and I understand if folk don't want to give the tims the money, I view it as a necessity in order to see the team though.

What about something like this, would this work?

We could always have a few empty seats between us and them with some coppers too, like they do at the piggery. I'd guess this would equate to roughly 5000?

Don't know if it would be possible, but it would keep them on that side of the ground for where they are parked, and I'm sure there could be coppers outside lining between the Broomloan and Main Stand for when they leave.

4720628_zps2e826d3e.jpg

Used to be like that years ago before the stadium was redeveloped.

Should go back to old traditions and remove the roof at the Broomloan "cellic" end at future games against them.

For younger bears, right up to the seventies Gers fans always had the covered end and cellic fans had the uncovered end, both at Ibrox and Hampden. Porkheid had covering at both ends so the chosen people seldom got wet at an old firm game.

We used to sing "The h**s are getting wet, the h**ns are getting wet; ee, aye, adio the h**s are getting wet" on a regular basis.

At the smaller grounds we'd usually take over the covered terrace, and did the same in friendlies at both Villa Park and Old Trafford when we chased the home fans out of their terrace.

In those days the West stand was the Broomloan.

Don't know when it changed to Broomland.

Maybe "Coploan Bear" can advise :pipe:

What about something like this, would this work?

We could always have a few empty seats between us and them with some coppers too, like they do at the piggery. I'd guess this would equate to roughly 5000?

Don't know if it would be possible, but it would keep them on that side of the ground for where they are parked, and I'm sure there could be coppers outside lining between the Broomloan and Main Stand for when they leave.

4720628_zps2e826d3e.jpg

it would mean both sets of fans in the same concourse before taking seats, would be a nightmare to police and could turn very ugly...cant see this working but a great suggestion!!!