which player.....

hammer93

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always remember we were interested in John Collins before he left for hivs to the tar layers.. I liked him as a player, think he would have done well for us.

Was a bit annoyed when the Lego eater joined them.. He was coming to us for months too..

Probably would have done more in his career to date than he has.

I always remember we were interested in John Collins before he left for hivs to the tar layers.. I liked him as a player, think he would have done well for us.

Was a bit annoyed when the Lego eater joined them.. He was coming to us for months too..

Probably would have done more in his career to date than he has.

i gained more respect for him for doing what he did... At the end of the day he's a celtic fan and he couldn't bring himself to play for us... Fair play, that's the way it should be , the guys got principles, a very good footballer and an all round good bloke, if only the likes of Jon daly, Danny McGain, dalglish, Paul lambert, Davie moyes and countless others had the same attitude as him!

i gained more respect for him for doing what he did... At the end of the day he's a celtic fan and he couldn't bring himself to play for us... Fair play, that's the way it should be , the guys got principles, a very good footballer and an all round good bloke, if only the likes of Jon daly, Danny McGain, dalglish, Paul lambert, Davie moyes and countless others had the same attitude as him!

David Murray tried to "do a Mo Johnston" and gazzump the Bheasts to sign Collins at the eleventh hour. The story goes that DM invited Collins to his Edinburgh office and out of respect Collins attended to hear what Murray had to say. Murray said he'd double any wages Celtic had offered him. Collins told Murray there and then that the offer was good, but that his heart was at Celtic and that's where he was heading. Fair play if that's true.