Green to stand down as consultant.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe wee Prior will up his bid ;)

Obviously it's difficult to try and predict anything in this farce but if the requested boardroom changes are made, then it may be inevitable Green's influence and share-holding will be diluted. He either waits and the price probably drops or he sells now at a considerable profit - just like Imran supposedly did last week.

Hopefully we'll see some resolution over the coming weeks.

True, but will he insist that the Easdales pay 70p per share?

He can insist all he wants, he still has to get an agreement for the price.

i have no problems with him selling to anyone for the price he wants, they are his shares and he can do with them as he pleases.

people can't have it all ways, they can't expect him to sell up and move on, then dictate who and how he sells his shares.

True, but will he insist that the Easdales pay 70p per share?

They would have had an agreement on the price id believe, but, unless they are going to sell their Bus business, i cant fathom how they can afford it! thast why I see Laxeys approaching Green again for more shares.

I dont really know what to make of whether CG is going is a good thing or a bad thing - but If I was Charles Green, I would look upon some of the Rangers support as a bunch of ungrateful bastards. Aye he has made is money - but he was never backward about coming forward in that respect from day 1 and there was nobody else willing to step forward when the club needed a buyer - and I mean nobody. He also shafted whyte, and that can only be a good thing in my books.

We all eulogiesed him when the IPO was successful - and we now act as if that was a given. But if he hadn't drummed up investors to the tune of £18M, the IPO could easily have beeen a disaster as the fans only put in about £5M. To say he done a fabulous job there is a gross understatement.

However,some Rangers men come out the wordwork and suddenly CG is the devil incarnate. Well, as I say, he wasn't perfect and it may well be that some of the stuff he was up to or going to get up to was not what we would have wanted as a support though I dont have any real details so theres a lot of ifs, buts and maybes around that - and there is no doubt the bonus situation was ridiculous. However, in summary after the work he put in, I simply cant believe he was going to run us into the ground and then leave us high and dry.

So from me its a thanks CG for all you done, I still dont know what to make of you but dont think to badly of us if you think you were done a disservice - we have had a hard tme of it with Whyte and trust is hard to come by from a a support that is increasingly fickle and marginalised by its own club.

Good post mate, but still some on here backstab CG after he's gone. The "who will he sell his shares to" quote made me laugh, it's CG's shares, he can sell to whoever he likes. To those who are backstabbing him, don't be surprised if he sells to someone YOU don't like. You all wanted him gone, you got your wish, rejoice if you want to, but leave out the insults etc.. He may not have been perfect, but who amongst us is.

Good post mate, but still some on here backstab CG after he's gone. The "who will he sell his shares to" quote made me laugh, it's CG's shares, he can sell to whoever he likes. To those who are backstabbing him, don't be surprised if he sells to someone YOU don't like. You all wanted him gone, you got your wish, rejoice if you want to, but leave out the insults etc.. He may not have been perfect, but who amongst us is.

indeed. The list of people who have done as much for Rangers as Charles has in his short tenure is a short one, yet we rush to back strangers.

indeed. The list of people who have done as much for Rangers as Charles has in his short tenure is a short one, yet we rush to back strangers.

as much harm? Everything he has done has been for his benefit not the clubs.

Here is my take on things,people go on about twitter,do like i do......do not go on it.If Follow Follow annoys you...do not go on it.If Mark Dingwall annoys you....ignore him.If Chris Graham annoys you( i think he has done a grand job defending Rangers,and puts a face to his name).....ignore him......SIMPLES.

Until CG has actually sold his shares and no longer controls a significant shareholding any talk of his non involvement in Rangers FC is premature. We have been informed he has stood down from his supposed £250 a week consultants role- I am not sure that will be any loss to him financially. An EGM costs the club we have heard £60000-£80000.

I am not sure today's events in are in anyway significant to CG.

The recruitment of CG as a consultant and his subsequent removal from that position looks to have been just another part of the smoke and mirrors carry on that is a permanent feature of the Boardroom these days.

I just wonder what the whole episode has been used to mask.